Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 12:06 PM   #556  

S/C/G: 209.8/see ticker/155

Height: 5'11"

So is wonderslim a meal replacement program? Is it a liquid diet. I suppose I should probably just research it myself online. I am intrigued. Though really cant afford to buy separate food just for me right now.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:44 PM   #557  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma26 View Post
So is wonderslim a meal replacement program? Is it a liquid diet. I suppose I should probably just research it myself online. I am intrigued. Though really cant afford to buy separate food just for me right now.
You'd actually be surprised how inexpensive it is. I'm 100 dollars ahead of my food budget for the month. Why? because I made the decision to not eat out and stick to my plan and to skip all the junk food purchases. I still buy treats for the other 5 members of my house, but without me eating them they last a lot longer! Not counting my lean and green it's about $50 a week. I easily spent $50 a week on fast food, junkfood runs, restaurant meals etc on myself. Without me eating all the other stuff we save money as a family. For example when DF wanted to order pizza (at least $25 it costs) I said "oh I'm not eating that, I'll just have some chicken from the frige" He said "never mind I'll cook the ribs". Right there was half of my week in food we saved.

I have a family of 6 and because my DF is laid off am the only one working so it's tough to spend money on myself but I splurged and I think it's better for us financially as it turns out. DF hasn't seen that yet, but eventually he will. So just look into it and look at your food budget and see if you can make it work for you. its not completely a "meal replacement". I use it as an aide to cut carbs. On weekends I tend to eat 2 lean and green which is still working for me.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #558  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBringinSexiBack View Post
Hi Ladies and Gent! My name is Dee and I have been reading your thread for the past month and decided to try Wonderslim based on your feedback and awesome results! I just completed my first week and have lost [B]6.8 lbs!!![B] I'm so excited! At 270, I weigh more that when I delivered my daughter February of last year (was 268 on day of delivery and 235 pre-pregnancy). My first goal is to get down to the 250's...and the ULTIMATE goal is to "bring sexi back"!

I am a BIG stress eater, and that's how I got here! I have a 19yo with advanced colon cancer, a 1 year old, a full time job, and a relationship to nurture. Yes, my cup runneth over, but I'm committed to taking care of me for a change!

Anywho, I'm looking forward to giving and receiving support in the journey to regain my health and lose weight! I feel like I "know" you all already. LOL!

The Wonderslim plan has been pretty easy thus far....I'd say my biggest challenge is getting in all the meals. I've had two days where I missed 3 meals. I've never been a big foodie, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE sweets. Did I mention that I LOVE sweets??? LOL! However, my sweet cravings are GONE! I even find the protein bars to be too sweet now!

I ordered the 12week program and so far so good! I don't care for the Tex Mex or the Chik'n & Tomato sauce, but I make them tolerable by adding extra seasoning and about a 1/4 cup of broccoli for some added crunch. I find the meals to be YUCKY if microwaved, so I cook them on the stove and it makes a HUGE difference! The other meals are not bad. I've always iincoporated tofu and soy chicken into my diet so I guess that's why I can tolerate the Chik'n meals. I LOVE the cheesecake and HATE the chocolate cake!

My weigh in day is Friday. I took my 360 photos and will do so weekly (am I supposed to do it weekly or monthly???). I forgot to take my measurements the first week but will do it this week (because sometimes the scale doesn't budge, but those inches do come off!). I'm doing 35 to 45 minutes on the treadmill every other day. I just bought a Wii and can't wait to get started!! (techno challenged....waiting for my son to hook it up for me. LOL!)

Anywho, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. Sorry for the "essay"! Take care and have an awesome day!
Welcome to the thread. Congrats on the weightloss. I also have a Wii and love, love, love it. My daughter always challenge me to do Just Dance and we do the Wii active together. I have Walk it out and it's okay. But I love my Wii.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:53 PM   #559  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

I want just dance soooo bad. I was looking to rent if from BB first and see if I liked it, but they didn't have it
Old 04-23-2010, 03:03 PM   #560  
Changing my life....

S/C/G: 247.5/238/145

Height: 5'11

@ guttergirl78, Thanks. I agree with you about the extra carbs and am going to see how I do with the plan and ween myself off of the extra carbs by the second or third week.

@ Imbringinsexiback, Welcome. I am on day two, so a complete newbie, but I wanted to thank you for sharing your story and one week success. It's motivating for people like me .
Old 04-23-2010, 03:22 PM   #561  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma26 View Post
I also find that I am saving more money on this diet then I have on previous diet plans. When I was on Nutrisystem I would pay over $300 a month just for their food plus lots of fruit, dairy and veggies. I feel like now I am saving on the fruit, veggie and dairy cause I don't have to buy these extra items. I know a friend of mine tried following a similar plan by buying a protein powder from the store and it worked for her, you just don't have the selection that WS offers.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:33 PM   #562  

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Height: 5'4"

Just Dance is soooooooooooo much FUN!!

OMG I just wanna EAT something BAD!!!!

But I haven't.......................yet0_o
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #563  

Quote:
Originally Posted by REGEE View Post
Just Dance is soooooooooooo much FUN!!

OMG I just wanna EAT something BAD!!!!

But I haven't.......................yet0_o
I love just dance. Try to be strong, you can do it.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #564  

S/C/G: 181.4/157/145

Height: 5'7"

5 days in. The hardest time for me is in the evening/at night. I always want a snack then. I've been drinking a cup of tea (sweetened with splenda) if the urge gets too strong.
I officially weigh Monday morning. I think I've unofficially lost about 3 lbs so far.
Hello to Imbringinsexiback! This is my first week too.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:26 AM   #565  
Mom to Kalief & K'Lani

S/C/G: 270.6/263.8/170

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I feel quite comfy here!

@Guttergirl: You are so right about taking care of ourselves first. I'm a RN as well, so it's just in my DNA to care for others...but I'm committed to taking care of me for a change! I'll definitely take your advice and come to the board when I'm stressed instead of reaching for food. Thanks for the well wishes for my family....we need and appreciate them!

@Pradaboy: Sorry to hear about your Dad. Cancer is a vile disease, but it can be managed, and even beat. I've been an oncology nurse for 14 years, so i've seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. Thanks for sending your wishes of good luck! My son is my life and I know he'll be fine, but the road may get rough at times. My challenge will be to NOT pick up the food during those times! I pray your Dad is doing well.

@Mollymai: Thanks for the congrats on my weightloss. I hope I can bring in those numbers on a consistent basis.....but my fat is STUBBORN sometimes!!! LOL! I'm excited about trying the Wii. I ordered the EA Sports because it had good reviews and a 30 day challenge that people raved about and many of them reported losing anywhere betwee 8 to 15lbs in a month. I figure Wonderslim+Wii = Slim&Sexi Me!

@Jeanelld: I'm glad I can be a motivator to someone else because everyone on the board has really motivated me. Over the past month, I've read every single post....going back to the first page when Mollymai started the thread! I'm honored to pay it forward! We CAN do this!!!

@Harvester: Evening/late night snacking has always been my problem as well. I love sunflower seeds, so when I get that temptation to snack I will grab a few of those and crunching seeds seems to keep me from going for the junk food. I just use it as an added fat serving (although I'm really not alloted a fat serving on the 1200 calorie plan, but I figure the extra 45 calories aren't going to slow me down too much!). Plus, it saves me from those late night binges of hundreds of extra calories by passing on the ice cream and cake and other sweet treats.

If I missed anyone, charge it to my mind and not to my heart. Good night my Wonderslim friends!
Old 04-24-2010, 07:53 AM   #566  

Height: 5'5.5"

I haven't been able to post in a few days because I spilled iced tea on my keyboard. I missed you chicks!

jeanelld - Did you get the WonderSlim plan from dietdirect or do you still need it?

Imbringinsexiback - Welcome! I'm saying prayers for your 19yo son. I also have a 1yo. They are so much fun. My older son is 7 and severely disabled. That is why I picked WonderSlim over trying to cook everything myself.

To everyone who just started: We picked a great plan. It is tough in the beginning but it gets so much easier. If you feel like you are starving you can add vegetables to the plan, have a cup of hot tea or broth or even add an extra shake. Medifast lets you have an extra meal if you need it for the first 3 weeks.

As to money I have fit WonderSlim into my budget by buying in bulk and getting the dietdirect discounts. I do not spend any more on food than I did before because I am no longer buying soda or junk food or fast food. I also agree 100% with guttergirl78, we having to take care of ourselves to take care of our families!

To the people who hate the chocolate cake: I'm with ya there! I used a little bit of sugar free hersey's chocolate syrup to make the cake's I'd already gotten edible.

Congrats to everyone who has lost weight! Go WonderSlim chicks!
Old 04-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #567  

Default Yay!

The end of my first full week on Wonderslim and I am down 7 pounds. I couldn't be happier.

I think I would actually be down more but I cheated (BIG) two times. My initial order of WS was pretty much all sweet items. I however do not like sweets very often. I like the salty/savory. So, I placed another order of WS and mixed up up the items so that i could end up the week smoothly.

I think that with my mix of foods I can do this to meet me goals. LOVE IT!

I'm still curious as to what everyones favorite and most hated foods are... but that post seems to have missed....
Old 04-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #568  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymai View Post
I love just dance. Try to be strong, you can do it.
Thanks!! I needed that!!!!! I was strong:-) I ONLY ended up eating 2 T. of rf Peter Pan Which I L.O.V.E.!!!

I'm down 3lbs this week

Congrats to EVERY ONE!!!

I just ordered today. More variety, bars & entre's (got spicey cheese & cheese steak)

Hope we all have a good week!!!
Old 04-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #569  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorjaBrown View Post
The end of my first full week on Wonderslim and I am down 7 pounds. I couldn't be happier.

I think I would actually be down more but I cheated (BIG) two times. My initial order of WS was pretty much all sweet items. I however do not like sweets very often. I like the salty/savory. So, I placed another order of WS and mixed up up the items so that i could end up the week smoothly.

I think that with my mix of foods I can do this to meet me goals. LOVE IT!

I'm still curious as to what everyones favorite and most hated foods are... but that post seems to have missed....
What an AWESOME start!!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM   #570  

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

Week 1 down!
Weighed in this morning @ 218.5lbs.
Which is a loss of 10.5lbs!
Closed Thread