Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:49 PM   #436  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

I plan on ordering every two weeks (saving over 200 a month is harder than spending a little over 100 ever other week for me). I plan to order every pay day even though I'll only be less than 2 weeks in when I place my next order (my intial order was a 4 week kit). this should always keep me with extra food so if there is a shipping problem I'm covered and don't run out. I actually played around the other day and placed each individual item in the 4 week kit into an order and the price was only a few cents more so the package isn't giving you additional savings (of course ordering every 2 weeks increases your number of free samples lol). I would've liked another shaker and more of the menu planning sheets (my printer is broken so I'm unable to copy the ones I was given). I suppose I can add a note in there to request more of the sheets. Ordering another kit would be a huge waste of a binder and paper....thinking green ya know! There are so many things that werent in my kit that I want to try (fruit drinks, hot cocoa, cheese cake) and so many things I'd rather not have (the entrees) that I if I wanted to customize my order it'd probably be a major pain.
Old 04-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #437  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmzem View Post
Hi, PaulaM. Yes...I;ve lost 6 lbs do far; but this is just the end of my second week. Things might change now that I've gotten rid of what I call water/bloat weight. I hope I keep losing, though. It has to be your lean and green food that's sabotaging you. You can't always trust the calorie count of restaurant food, you know.

I agree, the protein bar seems like candy. I don't know if I'll order more but I'm gonna eat what I received in my one month kit. I hate to waste money, lol.

One thing that I'm lazy about doing and you might be as well, is writing down what I eat. Are you sure you're not nibbling in too many extra foods? Try following the plan to the letter for a few days and see if that works. Good luck!
nope, have not had a single "nibble", not one. It has to be the meal I eat out. Even though I am checking the nutrition info at the restaurants - here in CA the restaurant has to list what they are serving

edited to say: I've lost about 12 pounds in the last month though and have really upped my weight lifting, I wonder if the muscles are holding the scale back? Even if so I'm happy cause for the first time in years I have noticeable triceps! LOL

Last edited by PaulaM; 04-12-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:56 AM   #438  
Lean for Lifer

S/C/G: 230/207.4/120

Height: 5 Foot Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
nope, have not had a single "nibble", not one. It has to be the meal I eat out. Even though I am checking the nutrition info at the restaurants - here in CA the restaurant has to list what they are serving

edited to say: I've lost about 12 pounds in the last month though and have really upped my weight lifting, I wonder if the muscles are holding the scale back? Even if so I'm happy cause for the first time in years I have noticeable triceps! LOL

Hey Paula!

I know you've been struggling a little bit with weight loss, but the fact you can see those triceps is testiment that the fat is melting away and the lean muscle is increasing! That's a great sign!

Also, restuarant food is loaded with extra fat and hidden carbs, so that might be setting you back a bit. I'm originally a Cali girl, so my East Coast friends laugh when we go out to a restuarant and I make a list of modifications (steamed, not sauted, cook my steak with no butter, no croutons, dressing on the side, etc). You might want to check out the nurtrition facts for the restaurant you want to visit and then decide what you should have and how you can modify it.

Best of luck and great job sticking with it!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:08 AM   #439  
Lean for Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcoughlin View Post
Any suggestions for cooking the protein meals like soup or vegetarian joe?
Hi and Welcome!

The best way to cook the soup is one that I found online -- Mix it up with hot water (the hotter the better) and let it sit for about an hour. This allows all the dehydrated components (noodles, carrots, etc) to get nice and hydrated. After an hour, warm it it again (if you put it in the micro, watch it carefully, because it tends to overflow quickly.)

It's pretty delicious! Good luck!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #440  
Lean for Lifer

Hello All!

Sorry I've been absent. Life has been pretty busy.

So today I'm on day 6. I had a moment of weakness on Sunday, made some popcorn and ended up eating way too much. Of course, yesterday I was dealing with major headaches and cravings since my body was detoxing from the carbs, again!

Today, still a headache but I'm feeling worlds better than yesterday.

Went to the gym Sunday and Monday. Today is our off day, but I might head over for an hour of cardio.

This is hard. But I know that we will reach our goals if we keep walking, however slowly, toward them. As someone posted on the mymedifast forums, it is numerically impossible not to see results.

Thanks for the support again and best of luck!
Old 04-13-2010, 11:49 AM   #441  

Hi ladies! Well the scale finally dropped two pounds. I've had a terrible cold so didn't go to the gym since Thursday, I'm going there shortly. Since I started dieting I've lost 14 lbs (some of it before WonderSlim). Like cherrypye said, we just have to keep going! So so easy to put it on and so so hard to get rid of it.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:22 PM   #442  
Lean for Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaM View Post
Hi ladies! Well the scale finally dropped two pounds. I've had a terrible cold so didn't go to the gym since Thursday, I'm going there shortly. Since I started dieting I've lost 14 lbs (some of it before WonderSlim). Like cherrypye said, we just have to keep going! So so easy to put it on and so so hard to get rid of it.

Congratulations!!!!
Old 04-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #443  

anyone try any bariwise products? I noticed they had cheese curls and that sounds divine right about now........

im doing ok with cravings. I'm just wondering how I will manage on special occasions (memorial day, son's birthday). I want potato salad and I want birthday cake. Perhaps I will have to indulge on one item on each special day. Just one. I know it'll throw me out of fatburning but I love potato salad and it'll be my son's first birthday!!!!!

How is everyone else handling special events?
Old 04-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #444  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl78 View Post
I plan on ordering every two weeks (saving over 200 a month is harder than spending a little over 100 ever other week for me). I plan to order every pay day even though I'll only be less than 2 weeks in when I place my next order (my intial order was a 4 week kit). this should always keep me with extra food so if there is a shipping problem I'm covered and don't run out. I actually played around the other day and placed each individual item in the 4 week kit into an order and the price was only a few cents more so the package isn't giving you additional savings (of course ordering every 2 weeks increases your number of free samples lol). I would've liked another shaker and more of the menu planning sheets (my printer is broken so I'm unable to copy the ones I was given). I suppose I can add a note in there to request more of the sheets. Ordering another kit would be a huge waste of a binder and paper....thinking green ya know! There are so many things that werent in my kit that I want to try (fruit drinks, hot cocoa, cheese cake) and so many things I'd rather not have (the entrees) that I if I wanted to customize my order it'd probably be a major pain.
So where do you place an order that you can pick and choose? I have only seen WS on Diet direct? And in there catalog it looked like everything was $10 a box so I just counted boxes in my 4 week kit and it added up to more then $200. I would also like to try new things too, considering the chicken meals are not that great!? Where does everyone else get their product?

On a side note ... I wasn't going to but couldn't resist ... I had to jump on the scale to see if all this was paying off .... this is my 5th day and I'm down 5lbs already!!! YEA!! I have also had a few minor cheats, it's hard to say no to my 2yr old when he offers me food!? :P
Old 04-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #445  

I've been counting calories on WS but I was wondering if I'm supposed to count carbs too. Does the carbs matter too or just the calories?
Old 04-13-2010, 04:00 PM   #446  

S/C/G: 179/163.4/135

Height: 5'7

Hi, I ordered Wonderslim products and bariwise bars and I should be receiving them tomorrow. I have been on Medifast for 7 weeks and lost 14lbs, and it is a great program, but I am a slow loser so it is going to cost me a fortune. I lost about 8lbs the first week, then it has averaged about a pound a week for the last 6 weeks. I am going to try using the wonderslim and bariwise bars along with the medifast meals that I have left, and use the 5 and 1 medifast plan. I will give it a month, and if I don't lose at least 4 pounds I will bite the bullet and go back to the medifast food. The biggest difference in the food is the potassium is low in wonderslim, and the fiber is lower, and the shakes have the vitamins but the puddings and cheesecake and others don't, so I would have to take fiber pill and a multivitamin. My lean and green meals will stay the same. I want to stay around 800-1000 cal and 80-85 carbs, just like medifast. Good luck to all of us!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:35 PM   #447  

I order from diet direct. I'm going to just order 8 boxes of shakes (I'd rather have the shakes than the horrible chicken entrees) 2 boxes of bars and 2 boxes of protein supplements (think I'll try fruit drinks this time...super low in carbs). It seems easier to click on each item individualy than to order a kit and ask the to change 90% of it. I may choose a handful of other "treats" that others have mentioned (like pancakes). Like I said when I played around ordering the items individualy for the 4 week kit it was almost the exact same price. Plus when I do it individually I can order the sale item for the sale price!
Old 04-13-2010, 05:40 PM   #448  

Thanks Cherrypye! To guttergirl, your plan makes sense, the chicken dishes are truly bad.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:32 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttergirl78 View Post
I order from diet direct. I'm going to just order 8 boxes of shakes (I'd rather have the shakes than the horrible chicken entrees) 2 boxes of bars and 2 boxes of protein supplements (think I'll try fruit drinks this time...super low in carbs). It seems easier to click on each item individualy than to order a kit and ask the to change 90% of it. I may choose a handful of other "treats" that others have mentioned (like pancakes). Like I said when I played around ordering the items individualy for the 4 week kit it was almost the exact same price. Plus when I do it individually I can order the sale item for the sale price!
Thanks!! That sounds like a good plan, I forgot about the sale items. I will probably do the same!!
Old 04-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #450  

S/C/G: 222/185/160, March2010:189

Height: 5'4"

Congrats PaulaM!

I,too, am ordering indiv. items. Its free shipping if you order $79.

Thanks for the choc cake help. It was better this way. I could actually eat it.

Oh, I lost 1lb. this last week. My hubby was home & we ate out just about every nite.
I truelly believe eating out effects weight loss.

Last edited by REGEE; 04-13-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Closed Thread