Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Default Protein drinks- need advice

I posted this in another thread but wasn't sure if it was the right area.

I have been searching for some protein drinks to help curb my hunger. I watch the biggest loser and they have this protein powder they use that you can mix in water.

I looked at diet direct and saw these BariWise Protein Diet Fruit Drinks that seemed to get some good reviews and they have 15 grams of protein per serving. I really need something between meals to keep me full. I used to drink diet soda cause on WW it's 0 pts, but I cut that out so am trying to find something different.

Thanks!
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:43 PM   #2  

I don't really believe protein drinks will curb it much... You'll probably need ones with carbs for something like that. Any protein drinks I've had seemed to make me feel less hungry, but never more than a couple of minutes. Then when I feel hungry again, I feel way more hungrier than I did before I drunk it.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I use the bariwise protein drinks and they do the trick. I have discovered by having some protein I keep away the hunger. And at 70-80 calories per drink they pack alot of nutrition!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:56 AM   #4  

Hmmm... maybe it was just the brands I was drinking that only lasted a little while... Guess I should try these bariwise ones you both mentioned to see if they are any different eh?
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

Really we're all different, what works for one person doesn't always work for another person. But, yeah, if you feel the need to up your protein and that helps abate the munchies then for sure try the Bariwise.

It's just alot of trial and error isn't it?
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #6  

I think it does depend on the drink. Those BariWise (and similar) drinks pack more of a "meal" punch with that much protein in them. Maybe FattyFatFat (and I hate referring to you as that) is talking about something similar to Special K water type products. Those don't have much protein in them at all. Those didn't do much for me either. Fifteen grams sounds like it would be plenty to do the trick.
fchsfootballmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 231/223/160

Height: 5 ft 1 in

Thanks for the response. I think i will try them and see how they work.

Thanks!
cheeseheader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/190/140

Height: 4'11

I have to tell you I have tried quite a few protein shakes and the biggest loser powder BY FAR is the best one I have EVER had. It has the right amount of carb/protein/fiber and taste REALLY good. I even like the vanilla which I never been able to choke down. I tried the blueberry and didn't like it but wouldn't be opposed to trying it again mixed with something else. Give the biggest loser powder a try.. I love them!
flpooh19701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #9  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Cheeseheader, if you decide to go a different route, you might want to try a handful of unsalted almonds or other nuts. I find that a small handful (about a dozen) really curbs my appetite, better than anything else. Must be the combination of fat and protein that does it. I use unsalted so that I'm not as tempted to keep eating them.
LaurenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #10  

I like the Bariwise Berry Yogurt smoothie mix.. It is really good.. I put it in a tall glass w water, a few cubes of ice and some fresh strawberries or frozen blueberries and whirl it up with one of those Hand blenders..
Wow tastes just like a strawberry milkshake and really fills me up ..
I use those not in place of a meal but more mid meal .... That way I can space out my 3 main meals in longer stretches
I also like their Hot Cocoa mix.. but I put it in a cup of coffee for a Cafe Mocha.... most of the time I use 1/2 package in a cup of coffee and that doubles the days I can use it...
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #11  
Graceful Loser

I use GNC Lean Shake as a meal replacement, then sometimes I'll make half a shake for a snack. With ice, milk, and maybe some fruit, it's really yummy.
As far as protein, I haven't found my favorite yet, but I am using a GNC brand right now. Before that, I was using Designer Whey.. these days it's whatever I can get the best discount on.
Hamoco350 is offline   Reply With Quote