Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #1  

Default Your favorite Nutrisystem foods?

Not sure if there's been a thread like this already, but what are your absolute favorite Nutrisystem foods?

I have to admit, for some reason I LOVE the Nacho Crisps. They're crunchy like pork rinds, but made of magical soy, of course

While not my favorite, I was also amazed by the scrambled eggs. It was like a magic trick, turning that yellow powder into what looked and tasted like scrambled eggs
hcl777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180.5/160/135

Height: 5`4``

I like the nacho crisps too! A person does need to think of them like pork rinds and not like nacho chips.
I didn't mind the eggs, but I'm a person who needs toast with them. So now I just substitute egg beaters, FF cheese and english muffin for them.
I love the granola, it's so great with yogurt. For lunch I like the cheesey mashed potatoes, vegetable beef soup and the bars. For dinner I like the pizzas, chicken florentine, spinach ravioli and the meatloaf mashed potatoes.
My favourite thing for dessert is the mint chocolate crunch bar. Next fav is the peanut butter cookie (microwaved for 11 secs) with peanut butter(fat or fat/protein serving depending on amount) spread on top.
Newgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:17 PM   #3  
Learning and burning

S/C/G: HW350ish/SW290/CWticker/GW165

Height: 5'8'

For breakfast, I like the nutriflakes and the fritatta. My favorite lunch is the veg beef soup. Mushroom risotto, three cheese pasta with chicken, and all the beef dinners are my favorites.

For dessert, I pretty much dig anything chocolate. Not a huge fan of the crunchy snacks for some reason.
dini22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Am I the only one that thinks the chocolate from Nutrisystem has a weird taste??? Is it something that I will get used to? I am a true chocolate freak... will eat the good stuff like crazy... but have had issues with the NS stuff which I was so hopeful about...

I have been doing this for a couple of weeks... I have to say that several things come out looking odd (the eggs, hamburger, etc) and I was truly concerned but they turned out to be really good...

My biggest complaint is the lack of salt... which is good for me but something I have to get used to... I am a sale addict.
Angel26519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #5  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Some of the chocolate desserts do taste a bit ...different, but the only one I can really say it's not good is the chocolate cake, all the others I can do.

Some of the things are a bit of an acquired taste, but I've been at it since September last year and now I don't even give most things a second thought.

You'll get used to eating less salt before you know it.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #6  

You definitely do get used to less salt and when you have sodium again in say, movie popcorn, your body sure holds onto water! I still do put a bit of salt on some of my veggies.
I think they make items a bit bland because everyone's taste buds are different. Just flavour them up how you see fit. Watch the salt but try spices, garlic powders, etc.
As for the chocolate, yes it kind of tastes more cocoaey. The only chocolate item I get is the mint chocolate crunch bar. The mint flavour hides the fact that it doesn't exactly taste like a chocolate bar from the store. I live in canada, so our chocolate choices are skimpy.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #7  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

Surprisingly... I really really like the Honey Mustard Pretzels...
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #8  

I like the honey mustard pretzels too! Too bad they are always in crunched up bits and pieces, lol.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:12 PM   #9  
Finding my wings...

My first set wasn't.... but the second was. hehe
Old 05-22-2009, 06:45 AM   #10  
Finding my wings...

Oh my god... tried the chocolate crunch bar last night... it was absolutely fantastic! Better than most normal candy bars I've had!