Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:08 AM   #451  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

S/C/G: 206/186.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Mahesh! Nice to see you back. How are things going for you? Where are you located?

Hey Michlove, I agree about those your 3 reasons there and I think #1 is the main reason. But I am a pessimist.

Hello to Sandy when you arrive and anyone else!

Today I was 189.5 so right there in the ballpark. I am so happy about it I could just jump up and down. Yesterday afternoon I did 15 min of weights at home, just some upper body exercises because I tend to only do walking or the bike. Then I did 40 good minutes on the bike later on in the evening. Boy can I feel the pain in my arms. I am glad I did that, I need to keep working with the weights. My arms have the strength of noodles, lol. This will be corrected as I go along doing the exercises.

Well I hope everyone is doing well and staying inspired.

Last edited by Medeis; 01-23-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Medeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #452  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Medeis, before I even read either of your posts since I was last here, I looked down at your ticker and just had the biggest smile. I knew you'd break into the 180s very soon with all the exercise you've been doing and staying on your plan. I'm so very happy for you. You are doing an amazing job!

Michlove, I'm going to go with b) on your list of reasons why people don't mention obvious weight loss. They really are sweet people, so I'm guessing they don't want to offend me. But you're right; I know I've lost the weight and that's all that should matter.

Mahesh, welcome to our group here! How long have you been doing Jenny?

I was down 0.2 for this week's weigh in but not upset with it in the least. I know part of the reason I didn't have a bigger loss was because I had a couple big handfuls of some sea salt/garlic almonds I had roasted last night. I had already eaten all my calories for the day, so I think these extra ones from these almonds and the added salt caused the slight gain. But I'm not feeling guilty about one little splurge in the week. I've been sticking to the Jenny plan other than this, drinking all my water and tons of tea and getting in more exercise than I have in months. I'm freakin' proud of myself actually! I'm feeling some muscle starting to develop, and that makes me so happy. I've been feeling mushy and out of shape for so long, so it's great to start feeling firm again.

I know the weight will eventually start coming off again. I just have to be patient.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-23-2014 at 01:51 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:05 AM   #453  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Good Morning to everyone!

Glad that you had a loss Sandy even if it was a small one. If you are exercising then you would be building muscle and maybe like me you might stall for a few days on losing. I know what you mean about "mushy and out of shape", lol. It's good to be attending to the body and making it strong again. We are in our 50's and still have good tone potential. Now is the time to do this. That is what becomes my motivation. Anyhow, you should be proud of yourself and rightly so, you have done a great job! The fact that it is not instantaneous for you and that you have a little splurge now and then and then and the way you then keep going, that is really admirable. So I take heart too in my small losses because that is just the way responsible weight loss is.

I could not do the weights yesterday, my arms hurt. But I am going to do them today, slow and steady and just enough to build muscle. Then I'll do the treadmill later on this evening. ((I love these emoticons.))I wish I could do morning workouts but I am not a morning person. I am glad I did not count the 188.8 because that most certainly was water gain as I am again 189.5 this morning. So eventually the scale will move with more actual weight loss.

Ok well thanks for reading through my yakking, lol, anyone who does!

Happy Friday!!
Old 01-24-2014, 09:33 PM   #454  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

I was reading a blog or article on HuffPo and it reminded me of those reasons we were discussing about women not noticing the weight change. Here is an excerpt and the link:

"First of all, one of the moms joked that if I lost any more weight, no one would want to hang out with me. I already felt that. There was a judgment thing going on and of course jealousy could have been behind it. Also, people don't like when we change. It bugs them out. It makes them confront certain parts of themselves they think they can't change. Many times when a woman would see I lost weight, she would tell me how they should lose weight or give me excuses why they haven't. I never knew what to say. I'd offer tips, but the conversation never really seemed to be about weight in the end."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jenny-...ef=mostpopular
Old 01-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #455  
Let go!...Be free!

S/C/G: 239.6/204.6/157

Height: 5.7

This week has been crazy. A lot going on personally that has affected my appetite. But 6 lbs down is great this week. 16 lbs to my mini goal! I hope all is good with you ladies!
michlove1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #456  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Michlove, fantastic, omg you must be really happy about that! @_@

It has been a crazy week for me too, and a crazy day. But I woke up and was 187.9 this morning which was unexpected. I was very happy about that though I know it will waver around before it drops again.

I hope you all are having a great weekend! Where did it go...it is Sat evening already!
Old 01-25-2014, 05:58 PM   #457  
Let go!...Be free!

Medeis- Thank you I am relieved that I am further away from where I started. It feels so attainable now. Living life and dealing with the things that come our way is challenging in itself. I was actually shocked cuz I weighed 221 all the way to Monday and didn't weigh till Jenny today. That's my biggest loss thus far.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:20 AM   #458  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Michlove you are on your way! You are just charging ahead and taking control. You are right, it is attainable!! And I love that we can come here and report our weight to each other and get some positive comments back. Unlike real life where no one seems to notice.

I am 188 this morning so doing well, stable. I can't believe I am almost to 185 though! I have 2 weeks to get there, it is my "Mini Goal". 185 before the cruise. Can I make it? I WILL make it! Well...I will try to make it but I will be responsible about it.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #459  

Wow! You ladies are kicking some serious weight loss hiney!! I'm very proud and happy for you both.

I am still hanging around the 157s, but I'm changing up my exercise routine in hopes of shaking things up.

Have a great day all!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #460  

I was 157 on the nose this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. lol
Old 01-28-2014, 04:59 PM   #461  
Let go!...Be free!

Medeis- I know I love cheking in with you ladies, the support is amazing! I will be weighing soon at home to see where I am. You will get to your mini goal!

To be under 200 lbs will feel awesome for me. And you ladies will be the first to know!!!!!!

Sandy 157 is great! The closer you get to the finish line your body is probably like can you stay here a minute!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:33 AM   #462  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Wow Sandy, you are on a roll, keep going! I am really excited for you!

Michlove that is so great that you would be sharing such good news with us, I am sure it will happen soon the way you are going.

So I am still doing the low carb thing. Sometimes I don't even eat Jenny food. But I am going to stock up soon actually, I am running out. I was 187.4 this morning so slowing inching to my Mini-Goal of 185. I have 10 days to do it. Ok I have a long work day ahead of me, so ttyl!
Old 01-30-2014, 12:01 PM   #463  

Hallelujah...Hallelujah...Hallelujah!

Hooray! After over 4 weeks of bouncing between 157-159, I got to see their kissing cousin, beautiful 156.4, this morning. I know I may very well see 157 again in the next day or two, but it sure felt great to see a 6 after that 5 even for a day. :P

Thank you, ladies, for all your support. It means so much to me.

Medeis, it feels like you just got into the 180s and here you are almost at 185. That blows me away!

Michlove, I can't wait to hear how your weigh in went!

I'm off to my sister's house to help her clean, then she comes over to help me. We figure that being together and cleaning will make the job not as boring. lol
Old 01-31-2014, 06:54 PM   #464  
Let go!...Be free!

Sandy- grrr the though of cleaning! Anything to make it funner. Good idea. I weigh in tomorrow. It is cycle time so I don't know if that will hinder anything. I am still not eating all food. Just a crazy time. Great job on you getting out of 157!

Medeis- can't wait to hear of your progress soon!
Old 02-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #465  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Congrats Sandy! That is excellent, I am really happy for you! So nice to see those lower numbers show up.

All the best for your weigh-in Michlove! I hope that it went well!

I hit 186.4 this morning so I am keeping that on my ticker even if it does go up a bit again. Not sure I will make 185 by next Sunday, that is the day we leave for the cruise. But I will be close which is good enough.

I am still eating low carb. My exercise has been messed up lately due to work but I am going to put in some good time this weekend.

I hope you both do really well and talk to you soon.