Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #436  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

S/C/G: 206/186.4/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sandy, you are right, a loss is a loss and it all adds up.

And you know what....we DID look good in our 20's!! But you are right, I guess the weight was just distributed differently. I am 57 and I don't want a bunch of wrinkles to suddenly show up if I am too skinny. I think 145 is a good weight for my goal. And you know if you are at 150 for a while and decide to drop a few more then maybe your body would have been stable for a bit and the new loss would not change you too much, if you only dropped say 5-10lbs at most.

For me, I have been hovering around 191 - 192. Today I am 192.1 because I drank a lot last night. I expect next week to be in the 180's. I'll celebrate when I get to it of course. I am now actually walking on my treadmill and supplementing with the stationary bike. I have to go slow due to my back but really it seems fine. I am going to walk tonight. I have noticed now I am going up the stairs with a lot more energy. I told DH that I felt like I was "bounding" up the stairs!

Ok well if anyone shows up today I hope you have been having some great successes and also a great day!!
Medeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #437  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

That is true. Also, I know that with continued exercise at maintenance, I'll continue to lose inches, which will make me look like I've lost weight. Right now a lot of size 8s fit me, so I know at 150 I'll fit into just about any size 8 I put on and maybe a few 6s.

The exercise routine that I want to get back into soon (I think I mentioned it here before) is called T-Tapp. And many people who do this form of exercise lose one or two sizes without losing a pound. That's what I'm talking about! I'd love to be 150 pounds and fit perfectly in a size 6 and be tight and toned. Well, as toned as my 51-year-old body will allow.

It is amazing how much more energy you get with every few pounds you drop, isn't it? It's actually addicting and helps keep you on track because you want even more energy. I love it!

Have a great Friday everyone! Stay strong!!

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-17-2014 at 12:53 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #438  
Let go!...Be free!

S/C/G: 239.6/204.6/157

Height: 5.7

Hi Ladies!
You are doing so well! I am so happy for you. I haven't weighed in this week yet. I have really picked up on working out though. Nothing strenuous- just my bands and walking and a little dancing.

My clothes are fitting better and people have noticed the loss I have had so far. My appetite is back down thank goodness.

My goal as far as sizes is to be in a size 10 no stretch needed lol. I was a size 10 at 162lbs.

Sandy thanks for sharing your past experiences with being thin and the binging. I have been there with all the maddness in between.

Medeis the weight is dropping off you! So exciting.

Weight distribution- for a while my butt was flat. lol then in my 20's after my 3rd child (Gained 80lbs! 220lbs) Once I lost all the weight my shape formed at it's best. Not only did I have a butt it looked lifted! So now when I gain my butt gets huge- but not a cute huge.

I used to feel I had to show people what I looked like back when I was thin but stopped especially when I would get wow you looked so good- or wow that is you huh!

I will be updating my weight soon
michlove1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:38 AM   #439  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Good morning ladies! So Sandy, what is T-Tapp? I must have missed that. I can google it too though, but would like to know your experiences.

For me, the recommendations are to have something like 3-4 parts cardio to 2 parts strength training. I have some weights now so will be incorporating that into my routine actually starting today.

Michlove what kind of dancing do you do? I once a while back got a belly dancing tape and there was no way I could get my belly to move like that, lol. And yeah about weight distribution. I have unfortunately got abdominal fat so that is the worst kind as far as risk factors go for diseases. However, it is shrinking. I am doing crunches too to try to tone. At first I could not do any crunches because my stomach was too large but now I can, thank goodness.

So I weighed 190.9 this morning. I am sure that was some water loss though but I was happy to see it and I will see it again even if I go up. I ate a very low carb pancake made with vanilla whey protein and an egg and only has 180 calories and 3 carbs. I drizzled sugarless caramel syrup on it. Yum. My Jenny food today will be fish and chips for dinner. Otherwise, I am cooking for myself today.

What are your favorite Jenny Craig foods? I sure do miss that French Toast!!!
Old 01-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #440  
Let go!...Be free!

Wink

Hi ladies! Medeis- I do basic dancing but belly sounds fun. I weighed in today and I lost 3lbs this week yay! My appetite is down and I'm feeling hopeful this time. My mini goal of 199 is in site! Then I'm hoping I'll get that kick start to the finish line. Congrats on the soon to be 180's! Favorite jenny foods mmmmm spaghetti and meatballs, kettle corn, white cheese popcorn, breakfast scramble, pizza bites etc lol
Old 01-19-2014, 11:09 AM   #441  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Good morning!

Wow Michlove omg 3lbs that is fantastic! You did really great. I am looking forward to you getting to your mini-goal.

I should set a mini-goal too...well first goal is to get to 189.0. And the next goal is to lose 5lbs before my cruise which is in one month. No way I'll lose 5lbs, but hey it's a goal.

Michlove I really adore the breakfast scramble, for what you get, for the calories and carbs, it is a top breakfast choice. And actually all their little dessert treats are really good. I love the cheese curls, lol.

Well I hope everyone is doing well today. I am not going to weigh myself until tomorrow. Ta ta for now.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:15 PM   #442  
Let go!...Be free!

Down .6 to 221.0 this am yay! I have really kicked up the working out and I mentally feel very clear. Whenever I have gained weight it's like I become a different person. I am recognizing myself more every day. It's a little scary for some weird reason, the feeling of letting go of the way I hid behind food. I talked to my best friend of many years and she said the last 2 yrs that I gained the weight it was as though my candle was Dim. I just hide. I already set up a date with her in 4 weeks to break that habit! Good luck to all and it's nice to hear from you!
Old 01-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #443  

You ladies are doing so great! I'm really proud of you both.

Michlove, I so know what you mean when you describe your past self gaining weight. I, too, was the exact same way; hiding within myself and so sad all the time. I missed out on going places and seeing people, using my weight as an excuse. Makes me mad that I let food have so much control of me in the past. Glad our candles are now shining brighter.

Medeis, here is the link to the T-Tapp site: www.ttapp.com. It's sort of a combination of yoga, Callanetics, pilates and isometric exercises, but done with a faster pace and few reps per exercise. There is a 15-minute T-tapp workout called Basic Workout where people have lost 1-2 sizes in a month doing it only 5 days a week. Done correctly (the moves seem ridiculously easy if you just watch someone doing them, but they are very intense when you actually do them), you are working at least 6 different muscle groups at a time. They are not exercises you do by flinging your arms and legs around. You really have to concentrate on tightening many body parts at once and doing them in correct form to get the best results. But when you do...BAM...they work quickly to help you drop inches. On the home page of the site, look on the top of the page and click where it says "Try before you buy" to try out a few exercises and see if you like it. There are also several T-Tapp exercises on youtube.

I'm in my last week of doing my Jorge Cruise exercises (quick but gets me a little stronger to handle the T-Tapp) and then I will get back into my T-tapp dvds.

I was actually 157 on the nose yesterday, but back up to 157.4 today. Slow and steady wins the race.

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-20-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:32 AM   #444  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Congrats on more loss Michlove, you are really moving along there. I know what you mean about being a different person too. Maybe in my own way but I used my weight for many excuses. Sad to think how much time I wasted. This is a much better occupation, to be slimming down, than fattening up.

Thank you for the T-Tapp site info and the info about it. That seems like exactly what I need actually. I need to work all muscles not just the legs (though I did pick up weights and have been doing them the past 2-3 days). I will check it out. And Congrats on 157, wow that must have been nice to see, even if you did get to 157.4. I remember when you were 162 and it was a struggle and now see where you are. I like your words, "slow and steady wins the race". I should tack that on my fridge. Right now I have "Failure is the Mother of all Success". Got it in a fortune cookie.

As for me, well I did drop a pound. I have been in the 190.5 range so I have applied that to my ticker. Now I will wait again on weighing-in for a few days. Seems to work best for me that way.

It is snowing here, might get a lot of it too. I hope you are both doing well!
Old 01-21-2014, 11:17 AM   #445  
Let go!...Be free!

Medeis! Almost under 190!

Sandy and Medeis-
Thank you for your words. So true. I feel my life comes to a hault every time I gain weight and I end up depressed and reclusive. I then excuse it by saying I am an introvert and I don't like to go out etc. But that isn't 100% factual. Especially if I only feel that way when I am big.

It is amazing how much we get to know ourselves through this journey. It is also interesting to see how people react around you when they notice the loss.

Medeis- Stay as warm as possible!

Sandy- I am loving your 157!
Old 01-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #446  

Thanks for the congrats and all the love, girls. Back down to an even 157 again, and I'm hoping to see the 156s tomorrow. I've been hiking more with my daughter, so I think that'll help burn off those stubborn calories that are keeping me above the 157 mark for so long.

Medeis, I change my ticker weight every time I see a lower number. No waiting until it sticks for me. LOL Wow! Less than a pound away from your 180s...so happy for you!!

Michlove, yes I love seeing people's reactions when they haven't seen you in a while. We are hosting a Super Bowl Sunday party and there will be people there I haven't see since I was more than 40 pounds heavier. I can't wait to see their reaction.

On the flip side, have either of you had people who don't even seem to notice that you've lost weight? My two neighbors are like this. It's not like I see them that often either. But when I do talk to them, neither of them either says anything or has that oh-my-goodness-you've-lost-so-much-weight reaction on their faces when they see me. I'm talking that I've lost more than 60 pounds and they're not saying anything. I could see if I only lost 10 pounds...but 60!! Makes me want to shake them and yell, "Can't you freakin' see how much weight I've lost!" Can you tell I'm not shy about getting compliments? LMAO

Okay, time to wake up my sleepy-head daughter so we can get to hiking before it gets too warm. Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-21-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #447  

Oh this is really a Great idea!
mahesh786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 10:17 AM   #448  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Hello Mahesh, yes, this is a very good idea to talk with people and keep in good spirits while we lose weight. Are you on Jenny Craig now?

And good morning to all! And what a good morning it is! I decided to check the scale and I am glad that I did. Omg 188.8. I have a feeling there is some significant water loss in there. I only got half of what I needed yesterday due to being swamped at work. No excuse, I know, but the nearest bathroom at work is way down the hall and around a corner and through a room, etc. So let's add a pound to that and say 189.8! I am actually going to change my ticker to that, haha.

I hope everyone is having a great day! We got about 8"of snow here in Maryland. Ugh, DH was not be happy to clear the walkway and cars this morning.

Michlove, you are so right again about getting to know ourselves through this journey. I think I understand myself more, even though I am not prone to introspection very much, I do have insight and so this getting started, getting online, talking to people, it has inspired me, made me realize some of my excuses are not going to work any more, etc. Yeah so it definitely changes a person both inside and out. And the only way to make these outer changes stick is to change the inner person.

That is great Sandy! Nice 157….I really am happy for you! And yeah, only one person at work has said anything about my weight. But I don't go in every day, most days I work at home. But I think maybe some people don't want to notice, or they are too involved with themselves or asocial maybe, idk.

Alrighty, talk to you all later!
Old 01-22-2014, 03:43 PM   #449  
Let go!...Be free!

Congrats Medeis! Great Job

Sandy- I have known people wo have done this, and there are 3 options:

1.) They both notice and are either Jealous and don't want to bring it up
2.) They both don't want to offend you by mentioning weight or that they had one time saw you overweight
3.) Highly unlikely- they both didnt notice because they never think about weight hahahahahah

Either way you know you lost a ton and it is obvious. So regardless of their reaction or lack there of- you keep on
Old 01-23-2014, 01:26 AM   #450  

Congratulation Medeis! I will also try this.
Thanks!
mahesh786 is offline   Reply With Quote