Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-30-2010, 02:44 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 292.2/281/200

Height: 5'3"

Default Question....

I've been doing Jenny for about 5 weeks and have lost 12 pounds (YAY!). My husband (who is basically a stick insect pocket person) is starting to complain about my not cooking as much and says that he feels like since we aren't eating the same things then we aren't really having dinner together.....I try to eat things similar to what my family is having but it doesn't always work out that way. He has been really supportive until about a week ago. Anyone have the same issue? What have you done about it?
Skirkendoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #137  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

Hey chicks!

I am sipping on a splenda mint julep watching the Kentucky Derby preshow... I chose Sidney's Candy because I liked the name hours ago, and just found out he is owned by Jenny Craig!! Funny. He's a long shot, but I am cheering him on.

edit: he's not THAT much of a long shot, 9-1

Last edited by HokieLoki; 05-01-2010 at 06:16 PM.
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Hi! Poked my head in a couple of times already (thanks for answering my questions!) and I wanted to post again and officially introduce myself.

25 years old (oops, almost wrote 24! wishful thinking?), and recently joined JC. I joined at an awful time, because I've had to do a lot of traveling this summer so I've gone 'on my own' much much sooner then I was supposed to.
Just got back from a weekend wedding and...yeah, that wasn't a good go for me. But I'm back home and back on track. (Though I go out of town again on the 12th for another wedding. Sigh)

I started @ 161, and I'm at about 156 after this weekend. My goal (for now) is 121, but I may end up trying to lose more once I reach it. It's been a while since I was that tiny.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:01 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm still here... I had gallbladder surgery last week and I'm still recoverying... it's good to see some others here too!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #140  
jmwt

S/C/G: 242/199/140

Height: 5'7

Down 2 lbs- staying on program is challenging for me right now ?? Not sure why ? Glad to hear about everyone losing ! Awesome and inspiring.
venusbirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Just checking in, it's nice to have others on the thread too...

I'm still recovering, but OP and down another .8 this week - 42lbs total on Jenny!!

Have a great week everyone!!
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieLoki View Post
Hey chicks!

I am sipping on a splenda mint julep watching the Kentucky Derby preshow
sounds yummy! would you mind sharing the recipe?
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #143  
amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Ballerina View Post
sounds yummy! would you mind sharing the recipe?

of course not! It was my splurge for the week, I just made regular mint juleps with Splenda instead of sugar, and made enough for 4 of us (2 each.) Here's the recipe i used:
Ingredients

* 2 cups water
* 2 cups granulated (measurable) splenda
* 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh mint leaves
* 32 fluid ounces Kentucky bourbon (we used Jack Daniels)
* 8 sprigs fresh mint leaves for garnish

Directions

1. Combine water, sugar and chopped mint leaves in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Allow syrup to cool, approximately 1 hour. Pour syrup through a strainer to remove mint leaves
2. Fill eight cups or frozen goblets with crushed ice and pour 4 ounces of bourbon and 1/4 cup mint syrup in each. (Proportions can be adjusted depending on each person's sweet tooth). Top each cup with a mint sprig.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:39 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 226/215/175

HI! I'm working on my second week on the program ( I did it 3 years ago and lost 30lb). My first week I only lost 2.4lb! Im a little disappointed because I stayed on the program (except for one dinner which wasn't that bad) and went to gym 3 times to do an hr of cardio. I just expected a big fall the first week (last time I lost over 4 lb the first week).
Also, how do you keep your food cost down? First week was $133 with every meal/snack and this week I got a lot of non frozen foods hoping it would be cheaper...it was $100. I would like to get it about $70, any ideas? Did your counselors have any tips? Thanks
Willow324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:44 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 222/138/135

Height: 5'4

Hello! I just started my 3rd week on Jenny, and have lost 12lbs so far. No cheats and working out everyday. Just got the Wii fit plus, so will be adding that into my routine everyday also. I love hearing all the great weight loss successes on here, keep 'em coming!
ruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:03 AM   #146  
amazing

Hey all, on Thursday I had my 12th week's weigh in, and I am down 31.1 pounds! I am super proud, working out a lot!

Willow, my first week, I lost .6 pounds. Seriously. I was pretty upset, too... but it has worked out! My counselor asked if she could use my chart as an example for others who lose only a small amount their first week. I hope it's going well for you, now. unfortunately, I don't have any ideas about cost, I spend about 130 a week, plus my own groceries. I am using that as my incentive... since I spent all that money on food, I better put in the work to make it worth it and not eat anything else.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:06 AM   #147  

WOW, Hokie -- you are doing great! I have lost 19 lbs to date -- it is slow, but I feel better already! I am a very slow loser! Keep up the great work everyone! Jenny ROCKS!
3meows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 277.4/186.4/175

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi

Just joined the forum. I've been on Jenny Craig for the past 3 months, have lost a bit over 30lbs, and feel great.
pinky520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:05 PM   #149  
Goodbye baby weight!

S/C/G: 206/ticker/155

Height: 5"3

Hi all,

just started JC this week. Did it many many years ago and bought a lifetime membership way back when! glad they still honour it!... anyways after having two kids in the last three years - I'm finally ready to get rid of the excess babyweight! Had been doing WW for awhile but need something strickter! I forgot how much I like the JC food!! anyways the weeks been good - I always find the weekends at home tough... so we shall see....

anways hope everyone is doing well!
skyootr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 01:45 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 264/243/190

Height: 5'5"

Hello hello...I have a lifetime membership too, but I quit like 3 or so years ago. It was just really hard balancing going to the consultations while I was in college and having to go home for the consultations cuz I didn't have a car so I had my dad drive an hour and a half or so to pick me up so as to go to the center and get my food and drive me back to school. Plus, it was just easier to indulge on the college student diet.

But now that I'm living back home, I plan on taking control of my weight, so I rejoined. Some of the food has gotten better. It's still kind of meh, but I'm adding veggies and the other free foods stuff to juz it up a bit. I don't know if I've lost anything since I started on Thursday and I haven't weighed myself since. So hopefully I made a little bit of progress, lol.

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE!!
chavela is offline   Reply With Quote