3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Jenny Craig Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/170040-jenny-craig-chat.html)

HokieLoki 03-15-2010 05:49 AM

Ten and a half, I sure did! :broc:

Thanks!

venusbirth 03-17-2010 10:42 PM

Just started back on JC after 5 years-- I am 13 pounds heavier than my heaviest weight when I started 5 years ago. Today was my first full day- I did everything (menus wise) and even exercised.....I cried in the shower today because I feel defeated and that the fat will win. I am turning 40 in less than 90 days. Being fat is not the way I want to start the second half of my life. I know this works- well it worked 5 years ago ?? no reason it should not work now. I know I just need to be patient and follow the plan and try to exercise. crap.

HokieLoki 03-18-2010 11:57 AM

welcome, venus! You can defeat that fat! good for you, for making the first step.

I had my weigh in today and lost 3.1 more pounds. Awesome. How is everybody else doing?

BethC 03-20-2010 10:41 AM

^^ That's great HokieLoi!

How are you doing Venus? I know how you feel about letting the fat "win", but it doesn't have to be that way! Good luck this week!

I'm down another .8 - almost 35lbs since November and I'm thrilled! I'm going down to see my parents on Tuesday and I haven't seen them since November. I'm sure it will be stressful, but I just have to focus on the big picture. I don't want to gain, knowing that I'm just going to have to lose whatever I put on again...that's my focus!

Have a great week everyone!

3meows 03-20-2010 12:36 PM

Hang in there, Venus-- it will come off again!
I did well last week -- another 1.6!

I am exercising, following the plan to the T -- not seeing any movement in scale this week yet -- weigh in is on Monday...
Anyhow, got my first "compliment" yesterday!!:carrot:

venusbirth 03-20-2010 03:15 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Today is day four- yesterday was tough. Everything was shouting food to me (tv, mags) !! But I made it though and even walked. Tuesday is my weigh in and I refuse to pull my own scale out and check. Besides- the JC scale is 8 lbs heavier than mine ? I need to check that out tuesday...or did I magically gain 8 pounds prior to joining JC ?? Does not really matter- I am here now. Look forward to chatting with you all and cant wait for the FANTASTIC weigh in results we will all post this week !

jleeson 03-29-2010 07:08 PM

So I just finished my first week at Jenny Craig! I had my appointment today and I lost 7 pounds!!! Very exciting :) So glad I decided to join. I am getting married in September and I want to look hot!!

StacyLee 03-31-2010 12:04 AM

It's been awhile since I posted....I never quit JC but I have had some struggles.

I am FINALLY back on the right path. My counselor could tell I was losing ground and motivation and one evening I went in for my appointment and it was like an intervention *lol* I saw a different counselor that really kicked me in the rear, all in a good way, and got me refocused.

The thing she mentioned that really stuck with me is "YOU have to find what motivates YOU." My answer is I want to feel good about myself -- that has been my mantra since that appointment. She also encouraged me to start a food journal -- write down everything. When I journal all my food I am much more successful at the scale -- and it is not that I am sticking 100% on plan but that I can SEE if I have had too much and then cut back to balance the calories.

I am soon to be 45 and wish I was closer to goal weight -- it's has been 13 months and I have lost 27 lbs. with at least another 100 lbs. to go -- the good news I feel GREAT about the loss and confident I will not be gaining it back. I have bounced between 280 and 270 for months but tonight when I weighed in at 269 I knew in my heart I am done with the 270s.

This is such a difficult journey for me. I need to come here more often for the inspiration that permeates this board.

venusbirth 03-31-2010 03:56 PM

I am right there with you Stacy lee- I lost **1** pound last week. It was only my second week .....feeling discouraged. ALL I WANTED TO DO LAST WEEK WAS EAT. I really controlled myself and talked myself through it- and only lost one pound....I guess I live to fight another week. BUT GESSSHHHH pretty discouraged.

StacyLee 03-31-2010 07:41 PM

I always look at weeks that I lose any amount as a victory because it beats a gain but it is hard to keep going. I think to myself "I sacrificed all week for 1 lousy pound?!! Not sure that was worth it :mad:

On the flip side, if I had a good loss I used to --embarrassed to type this -- swing by McDonald's or pick up a pizza as a reward! How messed up is that?!! And no wonder those last 10 lbs. would keep coming back like a bad penny.

I am still trying to figure out how to reward myself for a good week that doesn't involve stuffing something in my face.

It took my 5 years to gain all this weight so if it takes me a few to get rid of it so be it. I have a lot of bad habits and negative self talk to change. I am more interested in completely changing the way I live as opposed to just losing weight.

HokieLoki 04-01-2010 06:23 PM

Hey everybody...

It's nice to see some new people here!

Stacy- there are several threads in different groups here that give ideas about rewards, anything from a new CD or iTunes, charm bracelets, clothes, hair dos, a trip to the spa (that's what I'm doing!), or even an afternoon off of work without the kids, just relax time... there's several ideas out there, so good luck! You can do it.

jleeson- welcome, and congratulations on that BIG loss! Stick with the plan, and you will be very pleased.

venus- those hungry days are the worst, I have done the craziest things to try and curb hunger, from taking shots of pure apple cider vinegar or tabasco to eating a whole bundle of celery. I find the thing that works the best for me is taking a walk or reading. I hope it gets easier for you.

I skipped checking in last week, but I lost 1.8 lbs, and at today's weigh in, I'm down 2.0 more. That gives me a total of 18 lbs in 6 weeks. I usually stay on plan 100%, but on Tuesday I screwed up pretty bad... I didn't EAT anything off plan, but I probably had 800 calories of vodka... my girlfriend talked me into going out and having ONE, and it turned into FOUR, and the bartender was pouring generously. Luckily I still lost this week, probably because I worked out like crazy, but I sure learned my lesson... one drink hardly ever really means one drink.

I am perfectly on track to meet my first goal, the first 10%. My cousin and I have booked a spa day for a reward. Mani, pedi, facial and full body Swedish massage.

jleeson 04-05-2010 02:50 PM

HokieLoki - thanks :) I have my second weigh in today. I am hoping for a 2 pound loss! I worked pretty hard this week and avoided easter candy!

Easter was definitely hard. I had my own JC meal while everyone was stuffing their faces with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes etc.. I didn't eat any candy! It was definitely a challenge though. My fiance set up an easter egg hunt for me. He knows that I can't eat candy, but I love doing the hunt even though I am 22 haha. I gave him all the candy :)

venusbirth 04-06-2010 06:28 PM

Weighed today and lost 3 pounds. I was pretty down after the **1** pound from last week. so hooray- how is everyone else doing ?

jleeson 04-06-2010 09:55 PM

venusbirth - congrats!! 3 pounds is awesome!

I weighed in yesterday at 177, so down 2 pounds. :)

BethC 04-11-2010 07:09 AM

Hi, I haven't been on in a while, I was on vacation for 2 weeks, with 5 days on cruise,I was pretty nervous when DH got on our scale and he was up 7#s

We came home last Thursday and on Saturday, which is my regular weigh-in day, I only gained .6!! Needless to say, I was thrilled, it could have been so much worse!!

I got right back on plan this week and lost 3.4#s!! For a total of 37.2#s on JC :carrot: I'd like to be down to Onderland before my bday - May 29th... only 13.4 more ##s to go!

How's everyone else doing? Have a great week!