3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Jenny Craig Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/170040-jenny-craig-chat.html)

christyk28 12-04-2009 03:43 PM

So I'm thinking of doing Jenny Craig. It's one of the last one's I haven't tried. I did Weight Watchers but this time around I want something I don't have to think about right now. I need something that's prettyu simple and JC sounds like what I'm looking for. I'm just worried about the food. I'm not a tv dinner type of girl, so I'm wondering if the food is good. Can someone let me know :) Thanks!

BethC 12-04-2009 05:27 PM

Hi, I also did WW and wanted to try something else...

I joined JC almost 1 month ago and I'm down 14.8#!!

I like the foods, the frozen entrees more so than the shelf-stable ones. It does have a lot of the old WW personal selection plan if you ever did that.
There are protein, fruit, etc lists.

I'm very glad I tried it, I'm very happy!

fitby44 12-06-2009 11:50 AM

I also joined Jenny a few weeks ago and am down 8ish pounds. The food is REALLY good I find the variety very satisfying.
I joined Jenny Direct but am going to try to flip to the local center, I find the phone consults annoying. I actually like the group support of Weight Watchers and went for years unfortunately just didn't lose any weight.
Jenny has put me on auto-pilot with my eating and I like the exchange program.

BethC 12-06-2009 05:20 PM

I'm happy to have someone else on JC! You're doing great!

I just finished my 1st month - down 18#s.

I've been on WW too, this is so much easier! I'm so motvated to keep going!

JerseyMadchen 12-21-2009 02:12 PM

Hey guys!

I am a chatter on the LAWL (LA Weightloss) forum as I am a former client. I REALLY want to do JC, but am afraid of the $. DH and I just bought our first house, and finances are tough right now. I just want the whole "auto-pilot" thing too!

I just need to work on DH... maybe a candle-lit dinner, rose petals... yeah, you get the point!

BethC 12-25-2009 07:52 PM

Welcome! I'm so happy to have other people here! I've been on JC since November 4th - I'm down 21.6#s! I still can't believe it!

It's really worth it for me, because I live in NYC and eating out everyday is much more than the $7 or so for a JC dinner. I've been very happy.

I'd love to hear about your exeperiences!
Good luck!

3meows 12-27-2009 06:40 PM

AMY -- LAWL Girl!!!

I am also a former LAWL client who fell terribly after the centers closed (along with a LOT of my money!) I have also been toying with the idea of joining JC but am worried about the cost as well as the fact that my husband and 2 kids -- 22 and 14 -- will be on their own for dinners!! Have you tried WW? I have tried in the past and lost soooo slowly that I gave up. "When you decide check back here!!! Happy New Year!

chrstna446 01-03-2010 07:00 PM

I have been doing JC for about 3-1/2 years. I have currently lost 50 lbs. I had reached my goal and then decided to lose another 5 lbs. Well that never happened and since then I have put on 8 more lbs. In all that time I have not quit, since I know the alternative would have been much worse. I prefer using the Jenny meals, since I like the food, the convenience and the fact that I know what I'm eating has been portioned for what I need to eat.

With the new year, I've decided I am going to lose the extra weight I've added, as well as the extra five pounds I wanted to lose before. That means 13.6 lbs.

Hopefully there are others who can help motivate me and hopefully I can help others!

BethC 01-03-2010 07:31 PM

Hi, I just started JC in November, I'm loving it and I'm glad to have others join me!

I'm down 26.2#s so far.

KarenRB53 01-05-2010 09:07 PM

I'd love to do Jenny Craig but its so expensive. Has anyone made up their own Jenny Craig type of diet with frozen foods etc.

chrstna446 01-08-2010 01:51 PM

Well I've been struggling to get back to good eating habits. I had all the best intentions, like others this time of year, but the excessive snacking is getting to me.

I am still determined and am trying hard not to be discouraged. This, too will pass.

Congratulations, Beth, on the great success. You must really feel good.

BethC 01-08-2010 06:16 PM

^^ Thanks! I feel great. but took me a long time to get here, it will come for you too!

3meows 01-17-2010 08:58 PM

Is Anybody following this thread?

Hi,

I started JC last monday. Tomorrow is my weigh in. So far, i really like most of the food! It is easy and I have not been hungry at all. Can we get this thread moving again for support???

BethC 01-17-2010 09:03 PM

I'd love to! I started JC on Novemeber 4th, so far I've lost 30.2lbs!!

Good luck with tomorrow's weigh-in!

sessa555 01-20-2010 12:52 AM

I just completed my first week on JC and had my first WI tonight. Already down 4 pounds! Woohoo! I LOVE the food. I am an extremely picky eater, and normally don't like frozen TV dinner type food, but I'm truly extremely happy with the food quality, taste and texture. The JC food is waaaaay better than Lean Cuisine, SmartOnes, etc. I'm a former LAWL'er, and I like JC much better. The huge downside is that it is expensive...so we'll see how long I can afford the program.