Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 12-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #406  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy New Year's Eve girls! I hope you all have a safe and fun one. We aren't party people, so we usually just hang out with family.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a pound loss on the scale this morning. Hello again 150s! The tricky part is keeping it there.

Hope you are all doing well today. Here's to a wonderful new year where all of our resolutions come to fruition!!!
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #407  

Looks like we posted almost at the same time, Medeis. You're right; it may be transitional and once your inch loss plateaus you should see the numbers on the scale drop as well. Good luck!

Feel better, Michlove!
Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 PM   #408  
Let go!...Be free!

S/C/G: 239.6/204.6/157

Height: 5.7

Medeis and Sandcar150 thanks ladies for the well wishes. So odd I'm one of the only people I know that eat more when sick. I was good today still under weather and extra stress. Medeis congrats on getting back down. Our bodies are sometimes quite odd. Previously on Jenny when I used to go out and drink and splurge I'd lose a lot that week as though my body was tricked to react when I ate better again. I'm so glad to be going through this with you all.
michlove1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:48 AM   #409  

I do hope you feel much better this morning, michlove. And I'm glad to be going through my journey with you all, too. Makes it a lot more fun when you know others who are going through it, too.

I was down another 0.6 this morning, but tomorrow is my official weigh in day. If I can even keep my weight here by then, I'll be a happy camper. Any additional loss would just be the cherry on the cake.

I hope you all had a wonderful evening last night. My hubby and I just went over to my sister's house to play cards until midnight. I had a lovely time and only drank my green tea all night long.

Have a good start to the new year all, and let's keep it going all year long. Here's to a healthy, happy New Year!!!
Old 01-01-2014, 08:58 PM   #410  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

S/C/G: 206/186.4/145

Congrats Sandy! I hope your weigh-in goes well for you.

Michlove I eat more when I am sick. I could eat more at any time, heh, so...yeah, I get that.

No exercise for me today, I am working a long shift which right now I am at 12 hours so I hope to be done soon. I work on the computer so unless I do chair exercises it is pretty sedentary. No change in weight and I refuse to weigh myself anymore. Or maybe just once a week is enough. We'll see, lol.
Medeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:13 PM   #411  

Good morning everyone!

I posted already on the JC forum, so I'm going to copy and paste what I wrote there because it was rather long and I have to get to my exercise. lol

This has been a fantastic weight loss week for me. I lost another 1.2 pounds from yesterday for a total loss this week of 3.6 pounds!! Now, I know some of that is that water weight gain (1.4 pounds) I had put on from Christmas, but I'm still jazzed about it. Aside from starting my walking DVDs on Monday, the only other thing I'm doing differently in the past 3 days when I've had the most loss is drinking one glass of lemon water (the juice of 1/2 a lemon with 6-8 oz of filtered water), 1/4 tsp of organic cinnamon and 1 tsp of manuka honey every morning. I know that lemon water alone helps to aid in weight loss as does cinnamon, but I remember reading that manuka honey is also beneficial for so many things and read a few posts in other forums of people using it in this combination to speed up their weight loss. I wanted to post about this when I lost a pound after doing it the first day, but I thought it was a fluke. Then I lost another 0.6 the next day and 1.2 the next. It can't be a fluke now, can it? I'm going to continue this for a while to see if it keeps helping. I know it can't hurt because all those ingredients are healthy for us. I make up for the 60 calories from the tsp of honey by drinking unsweetened almond milk for my dairy: twice the calcium and 2/3 the calories of non-fat milk, saving me 60 calories. If anyone decides to try it for themselves, I'd love to know what your results are, too. It's one of those seems-too-good-to-be-true things, but I can't argue with the results since my diet is basically the same foods each and every week and my walking DVDs have NEVER given me that quick of a weight loss before either.

Medeis, 12 hour shifts stink! I hope you're at least able to get up and walk around every 15 minutes or so.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #412  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Manuka honey? Never heard of that, but I just looked it up. I think what is happening is that you are trading the Manuka honey for milk, right? But see, the manuka honey has no carbohydrates and you can say the same for the almond milk. So you are cutting out milk carbs is what is happening.

As for the lemon juice, that might be helpful due to digestive activity, I have to look at that further, I was trying to find some good medical articles on it but alas, not much but myths surrounding it. I do know this though, as there was a small study done, but you can become habituated to the taste (or any taste one might say) so you would not want that to happen. So maybe if you used it only a couple of times a week? That is PURE SPECULATION on my part. I'm going to try it without the honey and see if it helps. I'll try right now. I would say that if it stops working for you to give it a rest and then try it again in a few days.

As for me, doing well, not checking my weight, eating right and exercising. I sat for 14 hours yesterday working and no I don't get breaks, lol. Oh well. I can do stand up and sit down exercises, and arm stuff, but that is it.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:37 AM   #413  

No, I'm not trading the honey for the milk. I'm still getting in my dairy from the almond milk I drink; it's just fewer calories per 8 oz cup serving than the non-fat milk most people drink on Jenny. It has twice as much calcium but only 30 calories a cup instead of the 90 calories in a cup of non-fat milk. So, I was just trying to justify adding the 60 calories from the teaspoon of honey to my diet.

And I'm not sure where you're going with the carbs. Honey is practically all carbs, no fat and trace protein, and unsweetened almond milk has only <1 grams of carbs, but JC in not a low-carb diet either.

It's just a mystery as to why this combo is working, but I do think you're right in not taking it daily. The body gets used to things quickly and stops working as efficiently.

Last edited by sandcar150; 01-03-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:09 AM   #414  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

You are totally right about the carbs. Yeah, my thinking was off about that. o_O

I drank a glass of water yesterday with some lemon juice, not a lot but a nice light flavor. Today...196.3. I don't know why I weighed myself when I said I wasn't but I was curious. So..ahhhhhh! Haha, wouldn't that be great if lemon juice really did have properties like that?
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #415  
Get to goal &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; stay there!

That is wonderful news, Medeis! I'm so happy for you.

I don't have much to report today. I maintained on the scale, but I'm so good with that right now. As fun as it would be to lose a half-pound to a pound a day, I know that losing too quickly is not good and leads to saggy skin. I have enough of that right now...thank you very much.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #416  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Yeah, I don't want to lose too much to soon either for that very reason. But no worries with that I am sure I'll stay at this weight a while...which is a drag since I am going on a cruise in 36 days. I wish I were a fast weight loser, but slow and steady is ok too. I am only doing the stationary bike for my exercise until my new tv set arrives so I am sure that is not optimal. But I would get bored on the treadmill without watching a movie while I walk so I ordered a tv, amazingly inexpensive after the holiday.

Congrats on maintaining Sandy. And thanks too for coming by here all the time. I'll try the JC board again sometime.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 AM   #417  
--*-}}}-*-{{{-*--

Holding steady at 196.5. I did decide to weigh myself this morning, glad I did, it's nice to see the scale at this number and to know more good numbers are coming along in the future. Sticking to the plan but I have added in some of my own cooked meals. Chicken, turkey, omelets, etc. Also found a nice 6 cookie recipe for peanut butter cookies. Nice to limit the amount cooked so as not to over eat.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #418  
Let go!...Be free!

Congrats Medeis and Sandcar150 Sounds like a successful week! I was so darn sick until this morning. I feel so much better. It is crazy how when we are sick everything goes so wrong!

I honestly wasn't getting better and was so hungry I went and ate bad food and that was the only way I was able to knock out and sweat it out. I did not weigh in on Saturday but did get my food. I will be good all week and hopefully a miracle will happen this Saturday!

I did notice as I was eating bad- it can lead to such a binge. I am so prone to just eat and eat even when I am not hungry. Jenny truly helps me with this....except when ill.

New Years Resolution is..... Not to get sick!
Old 01-06-2014, 01:03 PM   #419  
Let go!...Be free!

Thumbs up

Just wanted to share- I got my signature now! I am official. LOL.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:48 AM   #420  
Get to goal &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; stay there!

Welcome to the official ticker club, michlove! Glad you are finally feeling better. Boy, it's hard enough dieting when you feel well, let alone ill. Glad to hear you're now ready to get back on the program. I may have mentioned it here, but what has prevented me from getting a cold or flu for more than 3 years now is taking an odorless garlic supplement daily called Beyond Garlic by KAL. You can find it online here for cheaper than in the stores: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/kal-b...Q#.UsuiOPv5m1y It really does keep your immune system healthy and strong.

Medeis, so happy for you seeing a loss on the scale. I had a feeling you would very soon.

I was up a pound over the weekend, but I'm not too worried about it. I do my own meals on the weekends, and I think they may have been a little too salty. For some odd reason, the 2-3 days before my Thursday weight in are usually my best weight loss days. Here's hoping I'll see a loss tomorrow!