Jenny Craig Chat

You're on Page 26 of 35
Go to
  • Exercise
    When I was on Jenny before I did not exercise. At the time I was smaller than now and on the 1200 calorie plan. I lost all the weight I needed to in 6 weeks. But now on the 1500 plan I am takng it easy because the more you burn you will become more hungry and then the hunger comes and all the food is gone from the plan.

I know that I will start exercising at some point but it is mentally enough to adjust to the lowered calories and tackle the battle of desire. I feel right now I have no cravings thank goodness. Pot luck is happening at my job and I want nothing.

I do like Zumba but being so heavy now I just want to continue to lose go on walks and then prepare for an exercise commitment.

I feel you have to tackle 1 thing at a time to fully adjust.
  • Looks like we posted at almost the exact same time, Michlove! lol

I couldn't agree with you more. For instance, my sister just re-joined Jenny about 4-5 weeks ago and started a new job shortly before this at Costco. She wasn't losing very much after her 3rd week on Jenny and felt frustrated. My mom kept insisting that it was because she wasn't exercising, but I told my mom that she was exercising. Have you seen those people working at Costco? They are hustling all the time they're working. Previously, my sister hardly moved at all. I think her small plateau had more to do with the stress of starting a new job and diet around the same time. Once she adjusted, the weight started to come off again.

So, yes, get used to one thing at a time. Right now, I'm sporadically going on walks and should do it more often really. But this time of year is stressful in itself, so I'm being kind to myself and sticking with what I'm doing now until the new year, where I can then kick up my workouts a notch or two.
  • Thanks Sandcar150
    Sandcar150 You have done so much for people as an inspiration! It is such a hard thing sometimes to get back in control of our bodies!

I lost 9.2 lbs in the first 13 days back on Jenny (I weigh in again on day 21 tmrw) without exercise. Walking is exercise and it does keep metabolism going. But all comes at the right time when we get to know ourselves through our journeys.

I think the best thing is to remain as happy during the process and for me the discovery of denial and clearing up some of the mental clutter in order to once and for all be a healthy weight and stay there.

Wishing everyone the best of luck! I love the availability of this forum and will come here for advise and to see if I can help as well.
  • Michlove, I'd like to invite you, lemondroptlet and Lyn (medeis is over there already) to the JC forum (sign up here: http://community.jennycraig.com/). There you can talk to many people who are doing the JC plan and join a challenge to keep you inspired. I've put up a new challenge which starts on December 26th, the Valentin's Day challenge. They are so much fun to do. If anyone would like to join, here is the link to it: http://community.jennycraig.com/inde...ge%26-9829%3B/

I hope to see you all there!
  • Hello Everyone. I have read all the posts and it seems to me that everyone has a different story. Their own story. My life was completely sedentary prior to this diet. Within 3-4 days of starting I began to exercise. Today is day #29. I am down a dress size but have only lost 8.7 lbs (weighed in today at 197.3). I don't mind the slowness since I am converting fat to muscle. I didn't believe it to be so but it must be so.

I was really stoked this morning to find that my fat jeans were just too large and baggy to wear anymore. So I opened up the drawer and got some size 16W jeans out and they fit. @_@

Congrats to Sandy on getting closer to the 150's! And Michlove, the JC board people are really nice and supportive, though the forums are a little glitchy there.
  • Medeis, I forgot to mention that the JC forum is FINALLY working as it should. Only took them a little over 2 months, too. lol

Congrats on losing more weight AND on fitting into those jeans. That is awesome!!

I was down another 0.2 and my sister was down another 1.4! I'm so happy for her.
  • I have not had success logging into the Jenny Site So I weighed in today and I am down 2.2 lbs so a total of 11.4 lbs in 20 days. I know this week I did eat extra almonds but I also know that I am losing at a good speed. I will cut the almonds out a little just to see how that affects next week.

I am really glad to know that the medication I have been taking is not the reason for the weight gain. My body just isn't the same as it once was. I just like many women will need to watch what I eat to be able to be a good weight.

How great would it be to be in shape this summer? Wearing sweaters to cover up in the summer is not fun.
  • Congratulations on your weight loss, michlove! And at least almonds are good for you, so if you're going to eat extra of something, better them than junk food, right?
  • michlove - haha i totally get the whole sweaters thing in the summer! Everyone always says I'm crazy for wearing sweaters/hoodies when it's freakin hot out, and it's always hard to say, 'oh it's not that hot' when i'm sweating bullets LOL!

medeis - congrats on fitting into your jeans!! and sandcar - congrats to you and your sis for the continued loss! you're all doing so great! It really helps motivate me to get my butt in gear
  • Hi everyone! Ok let's see, am at 197.7 this morning. I have a feeling I will fluctuate around 197 for a few days/week before dropping more, I guess that is the way it is. However, after 30 days of fairly vigorous exercise all of my clothes are fitting better so I am very happy with that.

Congrats Michlove on your loss and omg I so understand the pool coverup. We are going on a cruise in Feb. Well there is no way I'll look "great" but if I keep going maybe I can be down another size for it. Last cruise I did not go into the pool, but I think I will this year.

Congrats Sandy for another 0.2, you are getting there! I'll try the JC board again.

Lemon looks to me like you have dropped almost 3lbs. Is that a new loss?
  • Oops! I thought I posted here today.

I was very happy to see the 150s on the scale this morning. I was 159.8 to be exact. I may see 160-something tomorrow morning, but it was nice to see a 5 next to the 1 instead of the 6 I've been seeing for the last 2 months.

Michlove, I can't even remember the last time I wore shorts, maybe 8 years ago. Even now with my thighs measuring 21 1/2 inches I wouldn't wear them. They need some serious toning before I'd consider putting on a pair. They are just a soft, mushy, cellulite mess right now. So I know about that covering up. But the hot weather is months away, and that'll give me some time to add some muscle to my body.

Thanks for the congratulations, girls. You guys made me smile. I just love this diet and hardly even think of it as that anymore. It really is a lifestyle with me now, especially with me eating 3 days of my own meals each week now.
  • Medeis - hehe good eye!! yes it's a new loss, but I didn't feel like it was that great for my first week, so I wasn't really proud of it I know, i should really be celebrating any type of loss...I guess we're our own hardest critic lol!

sandcar - 150s is amazing! Kudos to you for all your hard work I can't even remember the last time I saw those numbers.. lol but in due time

best wishes to everyone this week for the holidays! I know my willpower will be hugely tested this upcoming week lol!
  • You can do it, Lemondroplet! Just remember we are all in this together.
  • Hello! You bet Lemondroplet, those little losses keep us going!

Today I am a little up on the scale, came in at 198.8, but not too worried about that. I am eating under 1200 cal/day and exercising every day. It could be all the water I drank last night. I need to make sure I drink my water during the day.
  • I'm up a little bit, too, Medeis (0.4 to be exact), but I'm not letting it get me down either, even though it stings a little seeing mean ol' 160 again. lol I know this journey comes with ups and downs, especially if you're a daily weigher like me. Like they say, "Weight loss is not linear!" Tomorrow will be a better day for us both. I've got a good hunch.

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! Have a blessed day with family and friends and stay safe and healthy.