Jenny Craig Chat

You're on Page 24 of 35
Go to
  • I'm getting ready to take my poodle for a walk right now. I have unexplained pain my my left side (7 years now) and most recently in my right shoulder and upper arm, so I can't do my exercise dvds which use a lot of arm exercises.

Now, if drinking more water can make you drop 100 pounds in a day or two, I'm going to drown myself in it. Just kidding...I'm messing with you because of your weight loss typo above. I don't think you'd want to weigh 101.5 anyway; I'd have to come over and start force feeding you burgers to get your weight back up to 150.

My weight is still hanging in the 164s, but I need to have a drop within the next 3 days for my official weigh in on Thursday. I'm going to try interval walking (alternating walking at a normal pace for a minute then walking super fast for a minute). I was reading how this burns way more calories all day long.

Okay, off to get my walk on! Have a nice day ladies.
  • I hope your weigh-in goes well. I have gained a half pound but really I think it is better overall to weigh-in once a week. I'm going to do that.

Sorry for the typo! ^_^ Yeah, I'd be very very thin at that weight!

I have started on the stationary bike tonight, but only did 15 minutes though I did make it count by turning up the resistance. I'm looking forward to going for a half hour.
  • Yay! The weight-loss whoosh fairy made an appearance at my house finally. I lost 1.6 pounds this week. I guess that interval walking really works.

Great job getting in that exercise, Medeis. It's going to be a big difference, not just in torching calories, but I find that when I get my exercise in, it's easier to pass up goodies later because you feel so darn good from exercising.

Haven't heard from Lyn in a while. I know you officially weigh in tomorrow, Lyn. Hope to hear that you had a great week.
  • Hi there and CONGRATS on your 1.6 loss, that is fantastic!! I have been wanting to use that emoticon, hehe.

I am hovering now around 101.5, it is not budging but that is ok. I did 25 min last night on the stationary bike so I am pleased with that.

Actually I have been writing down every calorie, fat gram, carb, fiber, protein and sugar gram and I have noticed something. First, JC is not very diabetic friendly. Secondly, I think they have a thing going where they feed you (especially if you get those anytime bars which I do not) just enough so that you hover at a plateau unless you up the ante on exercise. Seriously. Most of the food has a lot of carbs and sugars. It would be a bad idea to eat their more sugary snacks. Have you noticed this? Which snack/desserts do you eat?
  • Yes, I noticed that their foods are really carby and not diabetic, gluten-intolerant or vegetarian friendly. I can sort of see why they don't have more foods that are for gluten-intolerant people because if the consultant makes a mistake and gives someone with celiac disease a food with gluten and the person gets ill from it, that could be a potential lawsuit for them. And to add more vegetarian items would mean they'd need more room to stock addtional items and the storage area is pretty small to begin with. As for the diabetic foods, that was a question I got asked a lot from clients when I worked there. I know they had a specific plan for diabetics, but it was very limited back then. They won't take on people who have nut allergies either, because many of their foods may contain nuts or be processed on machines that have previously been processing nut products, so they can't take the chance.

But I just don't get why their meals have to be so carby. Why not have more meat and veggie dishes? I do think people would lose a bit faster. But maybe that's what they want...us to lose at a slower pace so that we stick to the program longer. Everything comes down to the almightly dollor after all.

This is why I do 3 MyDays on Jenny and only order 4 days of food each week. On my days off Jenny I concentrate on higher protein foods and veggies.

I have to say, though, I do love my sweets and live for those JC cinnamon rolls and other sweet breakfasts. I'm just glad I can control my sweet tooth and not go overboard on sugary treats like I used to.

I haven't noticed you checking in on the Christmas challenge lately. I hope to see you there soon.

Oh, almost forgot to mention that I went to Disneyland yesterday with my 19-year-old daughter (she took me for an early Christmas gift). We had so much fun and I ate all my JC food before we left except for the fruit, which we brought with us. The food smells were Heavenly, but I held strong all day long. First time going there and not eating at the park. And I dropped 0.2 to boot! Woo hoo!!
  • Many many congrats on your loss! And wow Disneyland, omg I love that place, but I have not been in years and years. I now live on the east coast. But I went to Disneyland as a child and I have always had such a good time there. Part of the fun was the food, so congrats on being able to control yourself there.

Yes, I think this is what Jenny does, what you outlined there. You are smart to do just 4 days a week. Maybe I'll do 5 days of Jenny and see if I can manage on the weekend.

I am not losing so it is hard to post in the Challenge thread and say I am not losing. I have to face it that I just eat too much even when on Jenny. I will allow myself to have a 100 cal popcorn or a string cheese, etc. Today I am 202. Anyhow, though I could not last night, tonight I did the stationary bike for 26 minutes and hope that helps. I rode it pretty intensely. Soon I'll try the treadmill but with my back injury some exercise is painful.
  • Don't fret about posting when you're not losing, Medeis. Lots of women do and come there to talk about it and get a jump start to get back on track. We are all there to support one another no matter what the circumstances.

Great job on getting in the exercise, too! I find that once I get consistent with my exercise that after the initial water weight gain when starting to do it, my metabolism starts to really speed up after a few short weeks.

I'll be going to the Ellen show tomorrow for the 12 Days of Giveaways show (can't remember if I've mentioned it here or not because I tell so many people about it...lol). I'm so excited and hope to get a gift card where I can buy a Vitamix blender. I've been dying to get one so that I can make green smoothies on the weekend. They are said to be the best blenders for that. Wish me luck!
  • Sure! I wish you all the best. I am not sure what you mean about 12 Days of Giveaways show though. But by Ellen I think you mean Ellen Degeneres is that correct? I have not ever watched her show. Still I hope you get that gift card!

I exercised with moderate difficulty yesterday and went up .3lbs for my efforts. I will try posting at JC, however.
  • Ok now we're back on track. I exercised 30 minutes yesterday on the stationary bike and today I am 201.4 so I am glad about that!

I hope you are doing well.
  • Welp, I did it! I took the leap and gave Jenny a call - was having a hard time deciding between the at-home program or the in-centre, but my 1st in-centre appt is this thurs! I'm a bit anxious and nervous to get started! Did anyone else have a hard time choosing which program to go with?
  • Congrats on getting started!! How exciting for you! And Welcome welcome!

Everyone's experience is going to be different... that is a given. For me I have tried Jenny twice and both times lost weight. One I did at home and one I did going in. It really made no difference for me except that maybe going in made me more accountable. Right now I am really determined to do well and I am doing the at home but we go and pick up the food, I just do not weigh-in on their scales.
  • Thanks for the welcome Medeis!

You can do that?? I had originally asked the person on the phone to do the at home program but I'd like to pick up the food in the centre, but she told me that wasn't possible at all and I'd have to choose 1 or the other I'd much rather do it that way!
  • All they really want is to sell you the food. And they are nice and want you to succeed too I am sure. But I just told them that I was having a hard time getting in there and could my husband pick it up and they are all "sure". So now I just call in my order, I give them the card number, I tell them my husband will pick it up in an hour and there ya go. *grin*
  • Hi ladies, I am back again! Have had a few frustrating weigh in weeks and am again hovering near 189. A number I don't want to see again! I just dropped down to the 1200 calories a day menu, hoping it will spur some bigger losses. So far so good. I haven't really felt hungry at all and I've kicked up my exercise again. Today the dog and I went for a two hour walk. It was actually really enjoyable checking out new areas of the neighborhood I haven't explored. We didn't set the most cracking pace, but am still proud of that effort. Sandy, I am so excited you got to go to a giveaway day at Ellen. What did you end up with? Who were her guests? Tell all!
  • Hi Lyndality, I find 1200 cals to be very hard to maintain so congrats on doing that and on your long walk too.

I have not been losing, however, I have been exercising. Actually I only had 1200 calories today which is really good for me.