Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

Talking Are you aware of any specials?

Hi everyone!

I am looking into signing up again with a meal delivery program. I want real food (I am still breastfeeding) so Medifast or Nutrisystem are out of the question!

I will be 30 years old May 31st and I want to begin it weighing less than 200. I weigh 210 now so I am hoping that it is feasible...

I am on a very limited budget, but I need to do something and right now I keep on looking at various diets without doing anything about it because I do not have the time or energy to cook...

I am a single mommy of an almost 3 year old little girl and a 6 month old little boy. No dads involvment and my family is on the other side of the ocean so I have very little time. My income is limited as well, but I will go in my savings to make it work...

So... Help me out find a great deal on meal delivery program... I live in Fort worth TX. I have no food allergies or major dislike...

If you are on meal delivery programs would you mind sharing how much it costs and if you are happy or not with the plan? I keep on checking the various websites and it is becoming too overwhelming...

So if you are aware of any discounts and/or do not mind sharing how much the plans cost... please do!

I will be very thankful

Happy Easter everyone!
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

I can't speak for all of the programs, but I know some of them don't want you to do their program if you are pregnant or nursing. They might not have enough fat and calories for you to sustain good, healthy breast milk. Does your OB/GYN have a nutritionist that could give you some guidelines on how much you should be eating?

This is a great book that you might be interested in - The No Time To Lose Diet. You can use the principals of this and apply it to the nutritional recommendations from your Dr's office. Good luck! And you have an adorable baby.

Last edited by Jennifer 3FC; 04-12-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:47 PM   #3  

Thank you Jennifer

MY OB/GYN told me I was good to go as long as I keep my intake at 1600/1800.

So here is what I found online (all the prices include shipping):

Diet To GO:
7 days all meals : $137.60

Deal: $one day free off the first week

E-Diets
7 days all meals: $159.60

After 7 weeks, you will receive the 8th week free (just pay the $19.95 for shipping) so if you follow the program for 8 weeks , the cost of each week equals $142.15

Anyone knows of free shipping offers? additional discount?

Help please!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #4  
klc

With ediets, you can get free shipping for life.
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #5  

KLC: Is there a coupon/code for it? Please share with me
Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 PM   #6  
klc

I think the coupon code is 'freeship', but you can also call them to sign up and tell them you want the free shipping. As a tip (this is my second time with them) when you sign up, you'll get the default menu, and it won't give you an option to choose your meals. After you've signed up, you can log back on, and change your meals (no charge). If you decide to try ediets, be sure to order the following when they're available. Please remember that with all meal delivery, it is a matter of personal taste, so don't let it throw you off from trying something else. Just wanting to give you some first time info to start you out with some of the favorites:

Breakfast:
Omelette - everyone likes this one
Potato/moz cheese/veggies - Personal taste - I like this even more than the omelette
Muffins - this is eDiets claim to fame. They're all good, but my favorite is the apple/raspberry. That thing is killer.

Lunch:
Canadian bacon pizza - It's just plain decadent and most folks love them. Beware, it's got major mushrooms on it, which I love, but you can pick off if you don't.
Chicken with cheesy potatoes - this is an oldie but goodie
Soups/Chilies - I like all of them (potato soup is killer).
Chicken - there are a couple plain chicken lunches (i.e. chicken breast with veggies) that are really good and better than any of the dinners, but be careful with these, because some of the lunches are dark meat (which is fine if you like dark meat). Poke around on the forum and they'll tell you which are dark meat.

Dinner:
Lasagna with malibu veggies (or meat lasagna) - I've never heard someone not love this. If there's nothing else on that weeks menu that turns your crank, order this for every nite if need be.
Cod dinner - This isn't an 'everyone' favorite, but I had to tell you to try this, cause most people wouldn't, worrying about the 'fresh' issue. If you like seafood at all, try the cod dinner. I don't like strong fish (weird, since sushi is my favorite food), but I've had this twice and both times loved it. The texture is great for me...it was almost like lobster or a giant scallop.
Other than that, the dinners are mediocre....they are definitely their weakest link.

Snacks:
You can't pick them, but to me, that's OK, cause all of them that I've gotten have been drop dead good.

Bottom line for me is that you can't fault their breakfast, lunch and snacks. For me their dinners need some help. But at the price, with free shipping, it is really hard to beat. JMO.

Hope this helps
Old 04-16-2009, 08:33 PM   #7  

Thank you so much Kathy

I called EDiets and they entered the code for me No more free 8th week, but this is a much better deal IMO!

I am going to try the food and let you know! I took your input for the menu!

Did you lose a lot of weight on meal delivery?
Old 04-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #8  

New EDiets code: SAVE15
it will save you $15
Old 04-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #9  
klc

ediets also has a SAVE25 special that you get every forth week free of their online plans. Don't know if that applies to the meal delivery plans or not. If so, that's a sweet deal.