Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #361  

I'm thinking about starting DTG this upcoming week. I've read most of the posts on this thread and it seems like the right plan for me. I'll be starting on the 1600 calorie plan (Low Fat Traditional) because I have about 70 lbs to lose.

My question is about adding snacks to the plan. When I called customer service and asked them if it was recommended to eat anything in addition to the shipped food, I was given a resounding "NO!" However, after reading their website, I saw the notice about adding 2 glasses of milk a day. Weird. But in addition, do you guys add any other snacks? I'm concerned about eating only 3 meals a day without a snack. I don't want to get so hungry between meals that I go off plan.

Also, I was wondering how you substitute meals. I have some food allergies (mostly to some raw fruits and veggies) so I won't be able to eat all of the normal meals.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #362  
klc

Zippered, to start with, I've been on multiple meal delivery programs over the last year (cause I had a BUNCH of weight to lose) including several more expensive than this, and after the first week, I do believe this lo-fat plan is my favorite. I have LOVED the food this week. Also, a quality meal delivery program is the way to go.

Unless you're a guy, I'd go with the 1200 cal plan, especially if you want to add some snacks. The meals are filling (you may have to go thru an adjustment the first week, but not starving to death). If you want to see the difference between the two plans, go to noodlebean's blog at thinbymail.com and look at her archives. It was a year ago, but she went on the local pickup DTG 1200, and Mr. Peanut was on the 1600 plan. She has excellent reviews with comparisons and pix of the 2 levels on them. It will at least give you a feel for it.

If you look thru the thread here, and the Bistro thread, you'll see alot of discussions on good snack foods (alot of them by our very own <G> Renita).

The subbing thing is one of the really cool things about this program. There's a sub list of alternate meals, or you can do multiple meals of something that is delivered on that weeks menu. You can't sub parts of the meal (i.e. sides), but the cost of the program is reasonable enough that if you need to sub a different veggie or fruit, you can. For example, they have fruit juices in their meals. I much prefer fresh fruit, so I do that instead. You just have to be careful that you don't replace a small container of fruit juice with something like 2lbs of cherries, or a bottle of wine

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!
Old 07-14-2009, 04:26 PM   #363  
Awesome

S/C/G: 250.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Well hellooo again everyone!! I have just recently moved and we STILL have no internet at our house. So, as you can imagine, I am sooo out of touch with everything...

I have a huge backup of meals since we did not have a fridge for about a week, so I was forced to venture into the world on my own and try to eat well without my DTG meals.. needless to say I failed lol. I haven't dared to step on the scale yet.. instead I am trying to slowly get back into the groove here. Hopefully I didn't entirely kill my progress so far.

Welcome to all the new DTG people, the food is great, isn't it!! I love DTG!
Old 07-14-2009, 07:23 PM   #364  

Hey all, I decided to try DTG. I actually started looking for a company that would make dinners primarily so that I don't have to cook all the time. I have actually lost 28 pounds on my own but I got SOOOO tired of cooking the same things. I live alone so it's hard to not cook more than one serving, but then I end up eating the same things for lunch AND dinner for like 2 or 3 days UGH!!! So hence my journey began and I stumbled upon on Diet to Go. Although I definitely have more weight I would like to use, I am not really using the service as my means for weight loss, in that I understand how to do the concept of what they are based upon (i.e. calorie counting, portion control, etc.) on my own, but **** if I didn't get to the point where I DESPISED cooking!

Anyway I ordered the 7 days of lunch/dinners on the Low Carb plan. The food looks pretty good but I haven't tried any yet. I will let you all know what I think. BTW I love how easy it is to plug the info into a food journal like Fit Day. I try to keep my calories from 1200-1650 so it's easy for me to add my own snacks/breakfasts plus DTG meals to hit these targets. I'm crossing my fingers that the food tastes as good as everyone says! :-)

P.S. The one thing I don't like is that you receive no confirmation e-mail for substitutions. I mean you get an e-mail saying they've received your requests, but you get nothing saying a live person has touched it and you will in fact get your substitution with your delivery. Plus side is they got my sub right for this week ;-)
Old 07-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #365  

Hey all...

Been away for a while ... In about 2 months, lost 6+ pounds....have been following the diet pretty strictly, and the weight loss has been not what I would've liked...

But the food is great, I don't shop for grocery any more and I guess I am hooked on

But every week something gets messed up. Last week I got sent two non-veg stuff on my veggie plan. So now I check every pack carefully before eating. And this week two meals went missing

But the food continues to taste great though ...
Old 07-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #366  

So did you all find out exactly what the PRICE INCREASE will be starting next week ??? I can't see the info on the website.. and it is too late to call ..
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #367  

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a low glycemic delivery plan, and after reading your reports on Diet to Go's low carb plan, I'm really interested. I'm currently on JC, and the preservatives and sugars freak me out. I ordered two weeks of food and have almost finished one. I'm actually thinking of letting my kids pilfer the rest and start DTG!

Here are my questions: how much red meat is in the low carb plan? I don't care for red meat. Chicken, fish, turkey are all fine, and I'll have meat in a pasta dish, but never all by itself. I much prefer chicken, turkey or fish.

Second, is the low carb plan available with snacks or at least let you add a low fat string cheese or a SF FF pudding? I like just that little bit of improvisation, rather than a plan where you don't eat a single thing they don't ship to you.

And third, can I personalize my menu, picking and choosing? Or is it one menu for everyone?

Finally, given what I've said about my preferences, do you think I might like pure foods fresh start more? (I think they allow personalizing.)

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Old 07-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #368  

I just wanted to add that I've read this entire thread, and I really wish Princess would come back. She's the main reason I want to try DTG, and I loved her long posts.

Can anyone convince her?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #369  

hello all, is there still a problem with excess water in the DTG meals?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #370  
blw

After being off meals for almost 2 months, I placed an order! Feels good and tonight was first meal back on track. Needless to say, I did put a "few" lbs back on. Darn it!

I'm not finding any access water in my meals. However, I do pick up locally. Not sure if it's an issue with the frozen delivery. Sorry not much help.

Brenda

Last edited by blw; 07-28-2009 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #371  
klc

Just made it thru my first cycle of DTG lo-fat. Missed week 3 cause I was traveling. Haven't lost doodly-squat but can't blame it on DTG...I blame it on the other stuff I've been throwing in my mouth along with it. Now I'm ready to get back on track.

I still LOVE the food, and love the fact that I can sub. I do 6-8 subs a week. I sub out all the muffins, not cause they're bad, but because I want something more substantial for breakfast (love all the sausage breakfasts). There's only a small handful of things that I've hit on that I don't like...mainly dinners with ground turkey in them. Now that I'm getting serious with it, I'll let y'all know how it goes
Old 08-08-2009, 04:38 PM   #372  

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttah View Post
I just wanted to add that I've read this entire thread, and I really wish Princess would come back. She's the main reason I want to try DTG, and I loved her long posts.

Can anyone convince her?
I'm with you. Princess was the one that got everyone all fired up to try DTG. She was honest and her posts always helpful and fun to read. It has not been the same without her. I doubt she will ever be back. I think she was a little too "honest" for this board and I'll leave it at that. No rah rah sis boom bah stuff. Just honesty, which is what drew me in to this thread to begin with. Shame isn't it.

Anyhoo, I have not been out here in ages due to my crazy schedule but hope everyone is hanging in there and doing well.
Old 08-27-2009, 05:01 PM   #373  

Hello, everyone--I am new to this thread and to DTG. Just finished my first day & 1/2 and love the food. I am doing the low-carb plan. Yesterday's pork chop dinner was so good, a real pork chop. Today's lunch was delicious, IMO--salmon w/ bacon, spinach and other veggies. I am on 7 days/3meals day plan. So I don't have to cook separate meals, my husband is eating DTG dinners. I have really appreciated the flexibilty of the plan and the help Customer Service gave me.
Now I say flexibility but DTG stressed that on the low carb, you can't add fruits, drinks, potatoes, bread, rice,etc. For a while, I tried South Beach Diet and did well, but couldn't handle all the cooking because of my physical limitations right now. So I know I do well on low carb although this DTG plan seems to have more fat and sodium than SBD. I figured out that the calories for this first week average to 1384 a day. So we'll see. Key for me is writing down everything that enters my mouth. Otherwise, those extra calories here and there really add up ( to lbs gained!)
Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 AM   #374  

Mollie, I'm trying DTG at the end of next week. I'm currently on Pure Foods Fresh Start, which is not low carb but low glycemic. PFFS seems very similar to SBD to me. (I lost a few pounds on SBD last year, but got derailed. Although I kept them off!)

It t seems to me that DTG low carb is really NO CARB, whereas SBD and Pure Foods Fresh Start are low glycemic/low carb. On SBD there are (after 2 weeks), as you know, wheat breads and whole grain rice, etc. But DTG low carb has only veggies and protein, right? No grains at all. I didn't realize it had more fat than SBD, but that makes sense.

Did you ask if you can eat a part skim string cheese, as a snack? I've heard that if you talk to the man, they say, yes, add snacks if you need to, but if you talk to the woman, she stresses no snacks.

I'm worried the higher calorie meals and lack of snacks on DTG low carb won't work for me, as I like to have the healthy snacks in between meals and in the evening, as part of my calorie count.

Anyway, please let us know your progress!!! I'm really curious to hea.

Last edited by buttah; 08-28-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 08-28-2009, 11:33 AM   #375  

Hi, Buttah
I think you are right; in looking over the menu for the next 5 weeks for DTG, I see no mention of anything resembling a carb (except what is in veggies) and it was a woman who stressed to me that DTG low carb plan is basically Atkins Diet, no addt'l carbs are to be added. So far I haven't needed a snack except for a glass of milk at night. I think it's the extra fat in the meals that keeps me going and not really needing a snack (vs. just wanting one). I have 150 lbs to lose, so the avg of 1384 cal should translate to 2 lb/wk loss.
My daughter is on DTG's low fat plan. Her meals have bread, pasta, etc. In fact, I think too many carbs for me. We're going to compare and see what works best for us. After 5 weeks on the low carb plan, I may switch to the low fat. The higher level of fat on DTG's LC plan does have me concerned. Maybe best would be SBD meal delivery. Is there such a thing?
Last night's dinner was lemon herb chicken with brocolli in a cheese bacon sauce and green beans. I could have licked my plate! The amount didn't seem like enough but after I waited awhile I was satisfied both mentally (because the food tasted so good) and physically (because it actually was enough food). So I'm really hopeful.
Good luck to you!
Closed Thread