3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   eDiets! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/162296-ediets.html)

Goldfish085 01-21-2009 11:25 PM

eDiets!

Hello, I'm new to the forums. I recently decided to join eDiets meal delivery plan and I just received my first shipment. I just sorted everything into neat stacks (I can be a little anal like that) and inspected everything.

I read up a lot on the program before I gave in an ordered my first week. There was a lot of negatives reviews stemming from what seemed to be a major customer service blip early last year. I decided to give them a chance however and so far so good. Everything came today, right on schedule. I was kind of expecting it to be late seeing as Monday was a holiday, but I was presently surprised. The food looks pretty good and I can't for the plan to start tomorrow!

My only complaint so far (there is always a complaint!) is that I didn't get the advertised free gift. I feel kinda guilty complaining about not getting a free gift...after all they don't <i>have</i> to give it to me. But it was advertised very clearly so I really want it! Also I don't really like that you can't substitute snacks like you can meals. If you can, I didn't see how. I don't really like dark chocolate nor was a crazy about getting those lemon and raspberry cookie/cake things. The one snack I was really looking forward too (Terra Chips!) was substituted out for some kind other kind of cookie. But I guess its not so bad, I like cookies (just not raspberry or lemon flavored ones).

Is there anyone out there that is currently using this plan? I'd love trade tips, reviews, opinions. Or to anyone who has ever done it, how did you like the food? Did you lose weight?

Thanks for reading!

Brittany

noodlebean 01-24-2009 10:35 PM

Hi Brittany!

I did eDiets about a year ago and am no longer on it. I do have a lot of info in the archives of my blog Thin By Mail though if you are interested in checking that out and comparing it to your experience. I hope it goes well for you!

I'm replying to your post to encourage you to DEMAND your free gift. They actually do have to give it to you if they're advertising it. Don't feel bad!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Puccikat 01-26-2009 11:00 PM

Hey Goldfish!
Today was my first day on the ediets meal delivery plan. The food was tasty, and I agree with you about the snacks. Also I called customer service about the free gift, and they informed me it takes 5 to 6 weeks for delivery! And its usually a tote, water bottle, or something along those lines. Anywho's how is the plan going for you so far?

Goldfish085 01-27-2009 12:24 AM

Noodlebean,

I actually have already read through your blog, I kinda lurked around here before I finally joined. It was very informative on all the different plans available. I actually even have it bookmarked! :)

Puccikat,

Thanks for the information about the free gift. I agree I have found the food really tasty! I've been on the plan now for 5 whole days and have only had two meals I didn't like. One was the chicken flatbread pizza. The pizza part was good...but chicken on it was absolutely awful. It was this weird dark meat stuff..had a horrible taste. Ruined a perfectly good pizza. And I didn't understand the weird chicken, especially when the next day I had the chicken with herb potatoes and broccoli and the chicken was delicious. And I also didn't care for the oatmeal with apples and almonds. It was like flavorless mush. I tried to doctor it up but ended up throwing it out.

Hopefully results will come when I have my weigh in this Thursday, than I can tell you how its going! :carrot:

kari1980 01-27-2009 09:06 PM

I'm glad you guys find the food tasty. Was looking into it. I think it is reasonably priced compared to a lot of the other delivery services http://www.imageuploader1.info/image/Bt/Bi.gif

Puccikat 01-28-2009 11:46 AM

Hey Goldfish!
Good job so far with the plan. Its day three for me! I tried the chicken pizza and I liked lol! I believe I'm having the chicken with herb potatoes today, and I'm looking forward to it! I will also post my results, but I think I'm going to do monthly wiegh ins versus weekly....

Kari1980,
Give the program a try! The food is pretty good, be ready for small portions but I suppose thats what a healthy lifestyle is all about. I've done Nutrisystem and didn't like the food. The difference between Nutrisystem and Ediets is that Ediets is fresh real food lol! And it doesn't leave you with horrible gas the way NS does. Congrats to all those who use Nutrisystem and had success. And yes I did loose about 20 pounds on NS, but at the end of the day I want a diet that I can translate to real life when I feel ready. And I feel I can do that with Ediets!

TripMom 01-29-2009 06:14 PM

Hi all,
I just made my first order with eDiet yesterday, so I'm suppose to get my food next Thursday. Meanwhile, I'm going to start getting back into some good habits, like drinking my water, and having healthy snacks. We'll see how this goes. If eDiets customer service is bad, I'll try Diet to Go next. But, I'm going to be positive!!! :)
Good luck to all and looking forward to losing with you!
TripMom

Goldfish085 01-29-2009 09:26 PM

So today marked my first free week on the plan! I had my weigh in this morning and I came in at 211.5! That doesn't seem like much if you look at my stats but figuring in the fact I gained two pounds before I started that brings my weight loss to a total of 2.5 pounds! Not bad seeing as honestly I haven't stuck to the plan 100%. I went out with friends on Tuesday...had a couple of drinks and when they ordered a pizza I couldn't resist!

I got my second shipment of food yesterday, right on time and everything acouunted for. I was also happy to see one of my biggest complaints was taken care of! I hated that a lot of the meals that had veggies on the side were in the same container. So also a juice from the veggies made the food all soggy....this was especially annoying with the lasagna dish. It was basically floating in veggie juice. This week all my meals that had a side of veggie came in a separated container. It makes it look like more food too!

Puccikat,
Whats your favorite food so far? I think mine was the beef steak with rice and mushrooms! So good! Maybe I just got a bad batch of chicken on my pizza. I have the Canadian bacon pizza in my new shipment so hopefully that will be better!

Tripmom,
Welcome to the program! I hope it works out for you! I haven't had any customer service issues so far...everything has been on time and nothing missing. Although I've heard diet-to-go is a good program too..and a little cheaper. I may try them after a few weeks on ediets

Puccikat 01-29-2009 09:58 PM

Congrats Goldfish:carrot: Thats healthy and good wieght loss! I hope I can do the same! I'd have to say my favorite food has been the pizza so far lol! It was really filling! I have to be careful this weekend tho, cus I'm on the 5 day program.........

Welcome to the Program TripMom! This is also my first week as well! Good Luck!

TripMom 02-10-2009 04:58 PM

This has been my first week with ediets. Today, I had the beef steak with quinoa pilaf and carrots...YUCK!! Tough, fatty beef, the quinoa had no flavor and WAY TOO MANY carrots! But this has been the worst meal so far. Most everything else has been pretty good. I don't like the fact that some of their snacks are very high in fat, at least the chocolate did. Oh well, my daughter liked it!. The other gross thing was my chicken spinache lasagna had a piece of chicken bone in it. But, as I said, most other meals have been very good.
I'm only doing one week of ediets and then trying DTG. I may come back to ediets at some point, we'll see how DTG goes.
Hope everyone is losing!
TripMom

Goldfish085 02-11-2009 11:02 PM

Hey all! Hope everyone is still having success with ediets! My weigh in last week was really exciting...I came in at 209! I have been struggling to get under 211 for months and I finally made it. It really gave me the motivation to continue. Unfortunately though this will be my last week doing the program. The slugging economy finally hit home and my job announced a pay cut late last week. :( So I gotta start pinching my pennies and this program is one of my luxuries that will have to get the axe. I will have to make this last week count!

Tripmom,
I have that meal in my fridge and just looking at it I can tell there are way to many carrots. Every meal I've had with those shredded carrots I haven't much cared for. Good luck with DTG! I was thinking about switching to them after a few weeks with eDiets but unfortunately I will just have to give up the whole meal delivery thing for a while.

Puccikat 02-16-2009 03:56 PM

Hey TripMom!
I agree about the beef and pinaf, that was really gross. I stay away from any meals with carrots as well lol! I hope you come back to ediets, its been heaven sent for me so far! Good luck with DTG!

Goldfish! I'm glad you are loosing weight with ediets, but i'm sad you will no longer be using the program. Believe me I understand the strain of the program costs! I am confident that you will take the lessons learned in this program and apply it to your own diet style!

klc 03-07-2009 07:28 PM

Is anyone using eDiets still monitoring this thread? I've done them in the past, and have some questions. Thanks!

KYHoney 03-18-2009 05:45 PM

I'm on my 5th week of Ediets meal delivery for Alli and I've lost 14 lbs. so far. The food is better than Nutrisystem; however, some meals have way too many carrots or roasted red peppers. Sometimes the meat is grisly, but most meals are very good. I use I can't believe it's not butter spray, it has 0 calories and no fat grams. That along with salt/pepper gives it a little added flavor.

I've been thinking of switching to Bistro MD because the food looks better, but I'll stay on this program for at least two more weeks just to give it a fair shot.

Lisa1978 03-18-2009 11:36 PM

I came very close to trying eDiets. I think the people who make PureFoods also make the food for eDiets and I hear it's pretty decent.