Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:39 AM   #16  

Hi Puccikat and all.... Well I am putting my toe into the ediet plan this week.. Now I started off on ediets and liked it until they messed up the program.. that sent me on a search of other programs.. I most recently have been on Bistro MD... loved that food a lot.... but they are chging their shipping and I have had several delivery disasters, so I thought it might be a time to do a trial of ediets..

Anyway..... give me some of your suggestions on good foods to choose vs to stay away from.. I want to give this program a fair shot so I want their best food not their worse..
Thanks for your info...........Renita
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:12 PM   #17  
I will succeed!

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'5"

Steer clear of their oatmeal, it's horrible and nothing you do can make it palatable.
KYHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:19 AM   #18  

Unhappy

kyhoney......... thanks for that... but I am having a hard time swallowing any of the meals..... are they all this poor ??
I had the breakfast eggs w sweet potato and some kind of mystery meat .. oh and there was not a speck of EGGS in the box.....
The beef,brown rice an broccoli....... there was only 1/2 of slice of very thin piece of meat and 1/4 of it was grisly.....and the other 2 meals I just couldn't eat..... the eggs I had yesterday were powdered eggs and such a sm amount there was no way that was even enough to make the 160 cal it stated was there.........what a disappointment all 5 meals I have had so far.......... tell me there something better ??
Old 03-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #19  
klc

Hey Renita! Here we are...again
I had to chime in on the beef & broccoli. When I was on eDiets last year at this time, this was the winner of the 'worst meal' award for me. The beef was so grisly that it was inedible. I steered clear of any beef meals after that. BTW, I'm jumping back on the eDiets bandwagon from Bistro for some of the same reasons Renita expressed. Interesting to see that some things never change. There were alot of meals that I didn't like back then, but there were also alot that I did. I liked almost all of the chicken dinner meals that they offered. Hope that's still the same. They have alot more pork meals now. The one that they had back then wasn't very good. Hope that isn't the same. Will be interested to see what's good, and what's bad.
klc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #20  

Hey Kathy.... I wish I had better news to report.

WELL 3 more meals tried..
The curry chicken didn't taste bad but unfortunately there was 1/4 of 1/2 piece of a small chicken breast( 2 little chunks)... not enough to fill up on that meal
2nd meal was the pork w quinoa and mixed beans, veggies..... again didn't taste real bad but there was one small thin slice of pork w nothing on it ...... the best was the quinoa.... the bean mix was a little sour in taste
3rd meal was the best of the lot... cheese omelet w potato stick. this was an real eggbeater omelet w velveeta cheese inside and one hash brown stick..... this is the one meal I could eat and didn't feel like I wanted to pitch most of it.
As I look at the boxes in the frig.... I unfortunately do it w dread vs wonder...... got some frozen dinners as back up if more turn into the kind I have to toss.
I can't tell you how disappointed I am..... Darn..Darn Darn
Old 03-22-2009, 10:47 AM   #21  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks to Renita for telling me about this site! I'm on my 2nd week of ediets and not too disappointed - after trying Nutrasystem and not being able to eat most of the meals - I don't find this one too bad. The oatmeal is absolutely horrible - threw both out. I'm not a big breakfast person so the muffins/cookies are fine with me. I haven't tried any of the other meal delivery programs, didn't really realize there were that many out there, but so far so good on this one. After trying so many different ways to lose weight I'm hoping this brings back the right eating habits/portion size. Good luck to all.
Cyndi
cynfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:15 PM   #22  
klc

Cyndi, I'm getting my first order (this time around) this week. Almost all of the stuff that I ordered this week were meals that they didn't have when I was on it before (except for the muffins...those things are legends...so I did have to order a couple of them). I'll check back in after the order gets here.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 292/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Hey Guys,
There are alot of new people on board! Crenita I enjoyed most of my ediets meals and there were plenty I did stay away from. Breakfast, I love the muffins they are very good, the southwest style eggs are good, and so is the omlet with hash brown. Not a big fan of the oatmeal or the dill eggs, and the turkey pastrami is ok. For lunch I love the pizza's, goulash, wraps, kung poa chicken, mexican salad....hope I'm not forgetting anything. For dinners, the spagetti was good although the portions are very small, I absolutly love the MEATLOAF with new potatoes, they don't offer it much but when they do, check it out! The beef is pretty bad and touch, I agree with what everyone else has already said. Towards the end of my program I found myself ordering mostly pizzas because of the tough meet, quinof, and too much carrots! But all in all i give the program a 7 out of 10. I was on it for 6 weeks and lost 18 pounds. I never did recieve my free gift ah wells. I also learned alot about portion control. So now I'm doing my own thing basically the same as ediets (1500 calories a day). Working out so far! Good luck with the program everyone!
Puccikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #24  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'4"

I was in such a rush to order and get started I didn't pay attention to cost - and now looking at what they are charging my cc it doesn't look like things are adding up. I'm doing the 7 day a week - and when I signed on they got me with the 'as low as $19.95 a day". What is everyone else paying per week? They were to have given me a credit for spilled items but have yet to see that credit applied. Since I'm new at this...do I have to hound them or are they somewhat "honest"?
cynfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 292/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9

Hey Guys,
I forgot to mention, if you call them and tell them you want a 15percent discount they will give you one. They only apply it to your account if you ask for it....so ask away!
Puccikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #26  
I will succeed!

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'5"

They screwed me up for this week. I had sent them an email about possibly changing my meal service plan because I wasn't so sure that Alli was really doing me any good and it is quite expensive. They told me I had to call them to discuss this; however, in the mean time they marked all my meals as "skipped" without telling me. Therefore, I received no meals for this week and had to go buy comparable things from the grocery. It really sucked because we just moved over the weekend and I really didn't need anymore chaos. Their customer service I've found is sadly lacking.

As for the food, I try not to order anything with quinoa or carrots and definitely not the oatmeal. Some of the egg breakfasts are dry but I found spritzing them with I can't believe it's not butter spray helps some. I love the fact that I can have chocolate on this diet, that part is fantastic.
KYHoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #27  
klc

Just wanted to let y'all know that I finished up my first 3 meals. The first one was one of the pork dishes. The pork was tough and fatty, wasn't impressed at all (that's why I never ordered it when I was on it last year...same thing) but the sides were good, including the shredded carrots, which is strange cause I don't like cooked carrots, and I've heard alot of complaints about them on the ediets board. For breakfast I had the veggies, potatoes, moz cheese and eggs. I really liked this. Lunch was the 3 bean hearty stew and it was good as well. Are all of the chile/stew's this size serving? What about the potato soups? When I was on it before, the taste was great, but the serving sizes of the soups were teeny. I was surprised at this stew, cause it was a good size. BTW, they have greatly improved the snack selection. Even if you can't pick your own right now, they're still really good.
Old 08-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 268/262/150

Height: 5'1

Default ediets!

its been awhile since this thread has been updated, but i wanted to give my input. i ordered eDiets last week and recieved my first shipment yesterday! i am so excited to get started on this plan! i love how convienent the packaging is and that i dont have to think about it. i picked up a weeks worth of lowfat yogurt and cheese, as well as a bag of apples and a box of tri color grapes to supplement the plan. im obsesssive compulsive amd i love that everything is so organized in my fridge. i started eating the meals yesterday and so far i've had:

vegetarian lasagna with capri vegetables - amazing lasagna, its something i would try to recreate for friends. ive seen a lot of complaints regarding vegetables in the meals and there is nothing stopping you from spraying with a lite butterspray or molly mcbutter(if they still make that? i prefer veggies plain)

canadian bacon pizza - yum! definetly cook this in a conventional oven to make it crispy

potato skillet with turkey ham - i love this and i dont usually eat breakfast. the ham is awesome!

grilled chicken with cheesy rice and capri veggies -this chicken tastes like i just baked it - so much better than a healthy choice type dinner.

i did call custo,er service to inquire about my billing date and the rep was very helpful and courteous.

i am however going to have to skip a week b/c the billing date falls just short of my payday, so im going to have to do a clone of the plan and i dont think it will be that hard to substitute

so that has been my experience thus far! good luck everyone!

shaunna
shaunnamk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hey, Shaunna--

Glad you revived this thread. I started e-diets a little over three weeks ago and have similarly been very happy with the food. I love the convenience, too! So far, so good.

I will be interested to hear how things work out for you!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:35 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 140/127/120

Height: 5'2"

I started eDiets about 3 1/2 weeks ago and I have been on meal delivery for two weeks. So far I like most of the food, only one meal was really bad, and quite a few have been great.

At 5'2" I'm losing about 1 lb per week. I exercise every day too. I would love to "lose 10 lbs in 5 weeks" as they claim but I know this is not realistic for me. I planning to stay on eDiets meal delivery for two months and then reevaluate if its worth the cost vs. my own cooking. Hopefully by then I'll be down 8-10 lbs. So far I love it! It's so easy to stay on the plan and I love adding my own fresh fruit and non-fat dairy.
jayjay77 is offline   Reply With Quote