Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:32 AM   #1  

Default BistroMD Options?

Hey guys,

I just started up on Bistro MD.. I'm a guy 260ish lbs and I was doing some calculating on my personal BMR and it seems like I need to eat ~2500 calories a day to lose 2 lbs a week. I'm a bit worried that Bistro is only 1100-1400 any of you know any heftier guys on it?

I just ordered the 7 day with snacks tonight and I'm waiting on my first order - I plan to keep the lunches and dinners to help me out and supplement that with my own breakfasts and snacks. Breakfast should be simple - western bagle + canadian bacon + poached egg! As far as snacks I'm sure after I see a few of theirs I can find similar solutions (I've seen a good site linked on here - any advice as to what to order? )..

How do you get the no breakfast, no snack options? I saw no option for it on the page - how much money does that take off the monthly price?
grakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #2  

Call them and they will change your meal plan to suit you plan.. They work well with you re what you want and what meal plan you need..
But The FIRST thing I would do is contact the Dietician ASAP.. she will help you personalize the plan for your sex, age and current body type. She answers you very quickly and via email.. ..

The meals are protein rich and that should help with your hunger.. You will probably need more snacks than us poor ladies... darn the guys get all the good food..hmmmmm

But CALL them... they will help you....
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #3  

Yep I talked with her this morning she was super helpful. Basically at the minimum i will need to add an extra 1k calories on top of the plan. So yeah basically extra snacks or a healthy meal should be interesting eating that much.

From what I understand the portions are fairly well sized right?
grakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by grakk View Post
Yep I talked with her this morning she was super helpful. Basically at the minimum i will need to add an extra 1k calories on top of the plan. So yeah basically extra snacks or a healthy meal should be interesting eating that much.

From what I understand the portions are fairly well sized right?
Think about how much better it will work without those snacks...

My question is, are you trying to lose weight healthily, or are you trying to reach a certain BUILD per say?

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 10-01-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: added question on why a certain calorie intake was needed
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

The portions are very nice. I'm no light wt when it comes to eating and this fills me and sometimes I don't finish a meal (although not very often ).

I'm glad you had a good experience talking with the dietician.

Looking forward to hearing about your sucess!
ANewCreation is offline   Reply With Quote