Nutrisystem Buddies 2009

You're on Page 2 of 37
Go to
  • Spryng, I started 15 weeks ago but remember when you have alot to lose you drop it off faster in the beginning. The first few weeks I was seeing 7,4 and 6lb losses...I've averaged off to 1-2lb/week losses now. Slow and steady wins the race right? LOL.

We don't have all the same food choices in Canada as you do in the US so I don't know what the white chedder or BBQ soy chips taste like...we only have nacho cheese. And they weren't one of my fav's in the beginning but with salsa I find them a very filling snack and the taste has grown on me...LOL!

Also we don't have the same website...I might go check out the US site to see what's there and how it compares to the Canadian one.

Good luck Vickie! Glad you're here!!
  • Evening all!

Kiki, yeah I forgot the menus are a little different here and there.. How did your day go today?

Well day 7 is coming to a close. It went really good. Peanut butter granola bar for breakfast, chicken a la king for lunch and the veg fajita (which was soooo good!) for dinner. Been a good day Can't wait to get my official weight tomorrow and start week 2.
  • What do you all eat for your add ons? I need some creative combinations.

DH and I are doing it together. We don't have our food yet but I'm trying to plan. I need variety. We'll each get some extra servings since we both have more than 100 pounds to lose. I think DH also gets extra because he is diabetic.

I'm buying some yogurt. But what might good carb with protein or dairy combinations be?
  • Hi everyone! I'm Trish, and have been considering for a few weeks starting NutriSystem. I'm planning to start about a week after my new semester starts, so about the 19th or so. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. Good luck to you!! I'll be back soon to offer up a better introduction.

Trish
  • Vickie, I think if you have 100 pounds to lose, you get a bread serving. Maybe an english muffin with your NS eggs in the morn...And your husband will get even more to eat.

Grocery items to get on top of NS will be some proteins (like almonds, light or FF cheese, yogurt, FF cottage cheese, skim milk etc), fruits, vegies. As for extras, that all depends on what you like. There are some great recipes featuring NS foods plus your add ins and a bit extra.

Some NS meals that require a bread serving are the fajitas, chicken and hamburger patties. I'll buy small whole wheat tortillas and whole wheat buns for that. Next time I'll purchase a type of bun that freezes well as they come in packs and I only need about one per week or so.

Yesterday I had NS granola mixed into yogurt(protein) for breakfast. NS black bean soup over top of steamed vegies for lunch. Cottage cheese with raisons, splenda, cinnamon and FF cool whip(protein, fruit and extra) mixed in for a snack. Raw carrots and celery, NS entree for supper. Snack at night was olives, NS nacho with salsa and rasberries, bananas with a bit of FF cool whip. (Fat, 2 fruit, extra)

I'm hoping that's all ok on the plan. They don't have ticks for extras and I only heard ppl talk about them after I started. I have no idea how they fit in.

After two weeks of holidays, no exercise at all (my job is fairly active so I burn some calories there) and some bad eating...I gained 2.5 lbs. Not too bad! I usually gain five pounds a week on my holidays. Hmm, I'm going to have to work on that especially when I hit maintenance.

Anyways, it's time to get serious. I haven't really been since I started in November. Next holidays aren't until July, so I think I can really make a great dent in what I have to lose.
  • Welcome Vickie and Trish!

Vickie:Keep in mind that you don't have to eat your foods in the same order as they are in the booklet (you can move things around to suit your wants as needed i.e. morning fruit at lunch or whatever)

I am one of those people who likes variety too. Yesterday I used one of my veg servings from dinner with tuna (protein from lunch) and the fat from dinner (mayo) with some cucumber and made tuna salad for lunch, you could add one of your carbs (from the extras you get) and have some whole wheat toast or a couple of crackers with it.
    My husband likes using peanut butter as his fat serving and spreading it on a slice of bread too. Or a bit of cheese on bread and toasted in the toaster oven.
    My usual stand by's for protein are: yogurt, cheese, tuna. Sometimes I do cottage cheese or smoked salmon. I've also baked a turkey breast, divided it into serving size pieces and freeze them into individual portions to pull out as needed. I like adding those (not the yogurt obviously) to my salad, I think it makes it more interesting and sometimes I save my fruit from morning and add it in as well. Oh and I love love an apple with cheese as my PM snack!

I sometimes do one of my fruits with milk and make a smoothie.

You could also cook some WW pasta and add some meat/fish as another combo, toss in a diced tomato and some herbs/spices.

I think once you get more familiar with the plan it will be less intimidating and you'll come up with your own creations.

Newgie: I think only certain people get extras. If they are loosing 100+ lbs and men do (my hubby is doing it with me and his booklet does have ticks for 2 extra carb servings/day) which I don't get.

Spryng: Good luck on staying OP, can't wait to hear how your weigh-in went

I am trying to stick to plan now although yesterday I was a bit hungry, which I usually am not. Hopefully today will be a better day.

I lost the X-mas pounds but then gained a couple over new year's so, hopefully I will have that gone by my next weigh-in.....ugh!
  • Hi All! We are still wating for our food. It probably won't be here until around the 14th. I'll be back as soon as I have my day one. In the meantime, I'm slowly trying to decrease my portions so it won't be such a shock when I start the program.

Thanks for all the wonderful ideas. DH is going to get a lot of food. He's a man....of course....and needs to lose more than 100 pounds AND is diabetic. I'll try not to pout.
  • Evening all! sorry I didn't get on here yesterday! Swamped with overtime.. but things are going good. My official wi was 3.2 lbs.. which is great for a first week for me I'm excited to see what this week brings as well. My qvc ns order came in yesterday so now my shelf is over flowing with options! I love that!
    Sorry I can't get too personal.. I'm pooped, just gonna have my ns dessert and enjoy the biggest loser tonight!
  • A good day here. There were treats at work, for the most part it didn't bug me till I noticed the shortbreads. *Sigh* They taunted me! I didn't give in though. Yay me.
    I love Biggest Loser....takes an episode or so to get a feel for the people. I'll be watching it tomorrow night with hubby. He went off to sleep early, so me and the daughter watched another show together.

Newshinyme, they do have some extras listed like ketchup , mustard, etc. But they don't really say what the total amount of extra calories you can have per day. Well, no where that I have noticed. Even if I'm not really sposed to, oh well, a couple tablespoons of FF cool whip or some ketchup and mustard in the beans and ham lunch are kind of a mini treat and helps me stay away from things like ummmm shortbreads!
  • Quote: A good day here. There were treats at work, for the most part it didn't bug me till I noticed the shortbreads. *Sigh* They taunted me! I didn't give in though. Yay me.
    WTG on saying no to the cookies Newgie!

Quote: Newshinyme, they do have some extras listed like ketchup , mustard, etc. But they don't really say what the total amount of extra calories you can have per day. Well, no where that I have noticed. Even if I'm not really sposed to, oh well, a couple tablespoons of FF cool whip or some ketchup and mustard in the beans and ham lunch are kind of a mini treat and helps me stay away from things like ummmm shortbreads!
    Ohh that's what you meant I misunderstood the post oops!

I imagine that ideally we are not supposed to add anything extra than what the booklet says and the allowed add-ins (ketchup and salsa and stuff). But in all honestly, like you say, I don't think a little "treat" on occasion is going to ruin the whole plan. I've done things like that too, like a eat a couple of crackers with my portion of cheese hehe. I sure hope the plan is made to have a little bit of "give" for such indulgences.
    It's funny tho, I have noticed that my concept of a treat has changed from having to eat let's say a whole bunch of cookies to eating just one or even splitting it with my DH

I have been a bit hungry this past couple of days, but I am hoping it is just me losing more weight and my body protesting the fact that I am getting back on track and eating properly, I will delay my weigh in til Sunday, but I am hoping to see at least a bit of a loss. I can't wait to reach my mini-goal of 20 lbs!
  • Morning all! Sorry I've been mia, still on plan and going strong just been so swamped with work!

Yeah I have a list of the extras and such, I'll paste it in here later when I get back on after work. I know it's things 20 calories or less and only 3 times a day and not at the same time or they are considered a carb.. but I forget all the rest so I'll post it here for everyone

well I promise to be back on tonight and share my day!
  • Today is the day I give up caffeine tea plus the sugar in it. I love tea! Nice and warm. So I"m trying decaf earl grey with sweetner in it. I think I can handle it. My hubby has pretty much given up diet coke, he was drinking 2L a day or more and now he'll just have a small bottle once a day or two. So I figured I could try and break my caffeine habit.

Another snack I had, which I'm not sure how it rates on the plan but is super yummo....Jello light butterscotch pudding made with skim milk. Slice a banana into it and add some peanut butter. I happened to look on my diary and see that I had two proteins to use up and a fruit. It reminded me of those peanut butter marshmellow squares that come around especially at holiday time.

It was a hungrier day yesterday when I got home from work but I still stayed on plan. I need to go buy some fresh vegies that will stretch out my meals. I especially want to try this Egg foo yung recipe with sprouts for breakfasts as I want something more interesting than just eggs.

I'm still trying to get motivated for some exercise, very challenging. I'll prepare the brain to accept it by monday. Maybe I'll go for a nice winter walk with hubby this weekend, as a starting point.
  • Morning!
    Spryng: I am so sorry! I forgot to comment on your loss of 3.2...WTG!!!

Newgie: You can do it!. When I met my husband I'd always have tea and coffee with sugar in it, and he drank them plain, so I decided to try it his way. At the beginning things tasted really weird, but very soon I got used to it and that was almost 10 years ago.

I am sooo happy to report that I am now officially under my lowest weight from the start of NS. You see, up until Oct 31st I had been doing great, but then I went on vacation all of November, and then the holidays came, and I had been in 2 months of going up and down with the weight without much of a real progress, just losing what I gained. But today, I have broken the 18 lb mark!!!!! in 2 lbs I will have lost 20, it's almost unbelievable since it hasn't felt like much of a sacrifice or anything
  • Newshinyme, congrats on your success! NS is really great at making you feel like you aren't missing out. Everything can be modified in some way to get in a salty or sweet craving using the plan. Being intuitive with yourself, like if you having a hungry day, pick the meals that fill you up the most and have your favorite snacks using protein and fruit, etc.

It's almost the weekend, yay!
  • Evening all!

Newgie, I've given up diet soda as well. Not because I planned to but for some reason it has started tasting bad, leaving an after taste and such so I just gave it up, lol.. it's a good thing though because I'm drinking my full 8 glasses of water now I'm not sure about pudding on this plan.. I'll have to dig on the ns site but that sounded delicious! I had the chocolate peanut butter bar tonight and it was good!

Newshinyme, your words are so encouraging! that even with the holidays and all that you really enjoy ns. I have been too. It's been the easiest diet so far. Not that it's without cravings and the occasional extra hungry day but yeah I really haven't felt deprived at all

Well my day today has been great. I am just loving this plan!

Ok I said I'd post those lists, I'm gonna do it in seperate posts since they are long, hope they can help!