Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Hmr Questions

Hello Everyone,I need to now some information regarding all people presently on the program what have your experiences been please list the good and bad with any side effects interested in the food with the shakes.Thanks,Tess
tess110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:27 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 415/290/165?

Height: 5'6"

Hi Tess... I'm on HMR. I started the last week of March. I'm down 92 pounds since starting HMR. I stick to the diet, eat ONLY HMR foods, and I feel fantastic. I did have an issue with hair loss... but that's not an HMR "thing". That's normal for anyone dropping huge quantities of fat in a very short period of time. I have since discovered "Hair, Skin & Nails" supplements (vitamins) by Nature's Bounty. I take those 3 times a day and my hair loss has all but stopped over the past 3-4 weeks. No other side effects whatsoever.

Pros of HMR:
1. It works! heh
2. The food is delicious (I do the 100 cal shakes and entrees/cereal now)
3. The weekly support group I go to ROCKS. Awesome group.
4. The shake boxes include vitamins. I take 2 HMR multi-vitamins a day.
5. No drugs, no surgery, nothing "drastic". (no offense at ALL to anyone losing weight via drugs/surgery!! But I do consider it a benefit of HMR that it doesn't use those since those arent for me personally.)

Cons of HMR:
1. My first 2 weeks were rough. I was very sad. I missed food. I was on shakes only for 4 months. I would go to the supermarket (because my 18 yr old son still needs to eat) and I would get tears in my eyes because I missed eating so much. After 2 weeks I was fine, though. So def stick it out!
2. The biggest con = PRICE. It's not a cheap diet. I would have done this years ago but I simply couldn't afford it. I'm very grateful to be in a position now that allows me to do this. The meetings are $80 for 3 weeks, I believe. That probably varies clinic to clinic. I guess I eat $110-120 of food a week? But I spend much more than that because I'm a hoarder. I buy more than I eat. Fear of ever being without HMR, I guess.

Maintenance: Ask me next year! I suppose like with any other weight loss method there is the risk of re-gaining. I, personally, would blame the eater and not the diet. During the weight loss process you MUST learn new habits, educate yourself about healthy eating & exercise, and find the motivation to protect your weight loss. You MUST. Not optional at all.
chubbiebunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #3  

Hey Chubbiebunny,Congrats on your overall success with HMR I need some information on the meal plan what is a typical schedule and the daily calorie intake do you include an exercise program?also,one of my fears is maintaining the initial weight-loss is there a medical form with instructions for the process of transformation to food please send this to my private message.Thank You,Tess
tess110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #4  
Burn Baby Burn!

S/C/G: 276/246/200

Height: 5'7

Hi Tess,

I average about 1200-1450 calories a day, everyone is different. I'm curious to see what chubbiebunny's day looks like. This is what my day looks like:

8:30 Cereal (MR)
9:30 Eliptical (12 minutes)
10:30 Chocolate Shake (MR)
12:30 Lasagna (MR)
3:30 Chcolate Shake (MR)
5:00 Eliptical (33 minutes)
6:30 Savory Chicken (MR)

I may also have bar somewhere in my day. And of course I usually drink more than 64 oz of H20. I hope that helps...

And just like chubbiebunny said, it's a bit pricey. I'm hoping to get my BMI down enough so I can come off the medical supervision. I'm not on any meds or have any medical conditions,
2coolchicks is offline   Reply With Quote