3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Going to start NS, BEST and WORST foods? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/150052-going-start-ns-best-worst-foods.html)

EricaBG 08-25-2008 04:53 PM

Going to start NS, BEST and WORST foods?

Hey all,
I'm going to begin my 3 month journey with Nutrisystem soon and I wanted to know what foods you all absolutely love, are iffy and which foods you cannot tolerate.
I'm very excited to begin this because it is time to lose the weight. After my three month period I'm going to take with me what I learn about portion control and stay with it the rest of my life.
Also, if you have any tips/tricks or coupons, it would be highly appreciated!!!!!

Thank you!

carinna 08-25-2008 04:54 PM

I'd be interested in the coupon suggestions also. :D

fiberlover 08-25-2008 05:58 PM

You know, personal taste for the NS foods is so subjective. There are foods that I love that others hate, and vice versa. If I had listened to some people, I would never have tried an entree that is now one of my favorites!

I would suggest trying one of everything (unless it is something that you already don't like), and keeping notes.

As for the coupons - there is a sticky at the top of this forum to contact the admin about coupons. They can send you one!

Check out the NS buddies thread, we have tons of tips and tricks there :)

jillnicole03 08-25-2008 09:32 PM

I also really want to try Nutrisystem, at Big Lots in A LOT of areas they are selling some NS foods :) I went and bought some today so I can have a trial. Also they were $1- $3 a meal. Then you can try some, and they're way cheaper.

EricaBG 08-26-2008 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillnicole03 (Post 2332886)
I also really want to try Nutrisystem, at Big Lots in A LOT of areas they are selling some NS foods :) I went and bought some today so I can have a trial. Also they were $1- $3 a meal. Then you can try some, and they're way cheaper.

Let me know how you like it! I'm going to be ordering it tonight. I don't have any Big Lots near me sadly. :(

i am still trying 08-26-2008 10:14 PM

OK, dont get the eggs. I absolutely cannot stomach them. I enjoy the cookies but not the 'chips'. I guess it is mostly personal choice but the eggs a a weird consistency.

catresq 08-27-2008 07:00 AM

Hi Everyone -

I make the eggs in a frying pan and they are much better that way! My best advice is to try everything once, except for the things that you just know you cant handle - for me that would be anything with tofu!

Sue

jillnicole03 08-28-2008 04:23 PM

ERICA I LOVE the Split Pea Soup... I do like that kind of soup anyways, but it is a little different, but I like. :) Havn't tried anything else yet.. it's such a bummer you don't have one near you :( Good luck girl!!

2 dogs 1 lady 09-11-2008 04:44 PM

Meatloaf & mash potatoes has to be one of the yuckiest meals....but I love the granola!

2 dogs 1 lady 09-13-2008 11:29 AM

another icky one...chicken & pasta in cacciatore sauce:barf:..almost a vinegar-style taste to me...I did not mind the eggs though, and I did like the chicken & dumplingd. Faves still rate with the granola brekkie *mmmmm* & the mint chocolate bar snack at night.:D

Louise67 10-24-2008 09:51 AM

I picked the favs since I had never tried them before....my first lunch time meal was that black bean soup.....17 grams of fiber! But man, I had to throw a lot of pepper in it!! I have my bikini stuck to my fridge with magnets, just to remind me of my goal.....lol
I love the chips! Burger is disgusting and has the styrofoam texture.

Arlene Dallas 10-24-2008 09:58 AM

its been years since I did Nutri System but I have to agree with the commenter- it really is your own preference because some things you love would be absolutely disgusting to another person :) I volunteer at a Food Pantry on Saturday mornings and last week we got a whole shopping cart full of NS foods that someone donated- guess they didnt like anything on the program :)

langston28 10-24-2008 09:09 PM

never had any problems with any of the breakfast entrees, i loved them all, especially the apple cinnamon scone. do u know someone that is doing NS also? u could trade off. me and my mom did it.