Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:41 PM   #1  
Erica

S/C/G: 265/Tracker/150

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation HELP! Want to start delivery program! Need help!

Best meal delivery program?
Pros and cons of each?
How does the food taste?
How are the prices compared to going shopping at the grocery store each week?

PLEASE HELP!
EricaBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

(good question...I'm thinking about doing one as well. I'm subscribing to this thread....hope lots respond!)
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207.6/156.2/130

Height: 5'3"

I've been on Jenny Craig since March 08. I love it, love the food, love the support, etc. The food is good, comparable to Lean Cuisine, Smart Ones, etc. Good food proper portion sizes. You have to supplement your own dairy & produce.
I've heard NutriSystem and MediFast are not very tasty, but have never tried any other plans, myself.
I can't comment on price--I'm part of a research study and get my food for free (lucky me!). I imagine it's cheaper than coffee & bagel or pastry breakfast, fast food lunch, then dinner, ya know?
Anyway, good luck with whatever you do & I would definitely recommend JC!
mist72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

Oh, I'll add this: I've tried a few of the nutrisystem things (just the snacks) and they were ok...but some weren't very good. That's why I'm hesitant to do nutrisystem. I can be a picky eater sometimes.

my cousin has done jenny craig, and she likes the food.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:04 AM   #5  

Smile cost tends to be the sticking point for most of us

I have been on a meal delivery plan since Feb. and have to say.. I LOVE meal delivery. It is the best way in my opinion for successful weight-loss.
Now that being said, there are lots of pro's and con's. and usually the prime reason many don't do it or stop is the cost. And to get a decent program that will give you results you will be spending lots of bucks $$$$$$$
Probably the best price point is something Like Ediets.. the con's for them is their service stinks..The food is fresh and sent weekly with ice. Some problems with the food due to that but for the most part pretty good. That is where I began and for a few weeks it worked well then there was a major problem and they started not sending food or double sending etc.. some of that has been corrected but I am still hesitant to go back with them. I did switch over to Pure Food Fresh Start, same company that provides the food for Ediets but a little healthy options and GREAT service
Options for most if not all of these programs is a full 7 day plan or a 5 day plan with weekends on your own.

The Jenny's and the Nutrisystem probably offer a lot of hand holding if that is what you need. The food is so-so with Jenny , but plain awful, IN MY OPINION, in Nutrisystem( anything that can sit for 1 year and then eat it is not what I want to put in my body))
Then there are the frozen programs.. i.e. Diet to Go and Bistro MD...
Have tried both of those and my opinion is DTG was Ok but the calories they report are way off what you get and are really HIGH in sodium and I didn't lose one lb either on their reg. low fat plan or the Low Carb plan.. The do have a few locations in the northeast that you can pick up the food. Some people love their vegetarian plan.
Bistro MD is SUPER... the food is wonderful and large amounts of protein so hunger is really cut down. the downside for them is the price... pretty HIGH... They have a slightly low priced program The Biggest Loser but the only difference is about $10 week but the original plan is much better.
There is a great plan called Seattle Sutton.. food is wonderful but very pricey when delivered.... unless you live where you can pick up the food fresh.( check their website)) Then the price is not a problem and the food is terrific.

Anyway.. that is my experience and opinions for what its worth........I think the best thing that the meal delivery has taught me what a real PORTION of food is suppose to look like and the MINDLESSNESS of eating the right thing without having to figure it all out.
Good luck....and enjoy the process....Renita
crenita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #6  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaBG View Post
Best meal delivery program?
Pros and cons of each?
How does the food taste?
How are the prices compared to going shopping at the grocery store each week?

PLEASE HELP!
I highly recommend Noodle Bean's special reports on the diet plans she has tried: http://thinbymail.wordpress.com/spec...very-services/

Haven't seen her post recently, so I thought I'd promote her excellent blog, starting with that page. Tons of good info on several diet delivery programs.

I'm on BistroMD and I love it. It's the most expensive of the plans (or one of the highest, now, others have had increases I've heard) but I love it. Love it, love it, love it.

Good luck!
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Grace!

I have just been a super busy bee!!! But the blog is still going and being updated about once a week for my weigh-in. I'm about to go out of town but I hope you guys will use the report section while I'm gone!
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote