Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #1  

Default Anyone doing diettogo?

My husband signed up for this plan and just got his food today. We were pleasantly surprised. Looks good. (great actually) And, the packaging is way smaller than eDiets boxes. Anyone been doing this for a while? Would love to know what is good/bad etc.
Tricia
tricializ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 04:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Tricia, is the DTG food fresh or frozen?

Just curious

-NB
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 10:00 PM   #3  

The food is flash frozen and shipped in dry ice. Then it is vacuum sealed.
Tricia
Old 03-01-2008, 09:21 AM   #4  

Thanks! How is DH liking it?

-NB
Old 03-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #5  

He's only had a couple of their meals so far. Since the DY box came and that is fresh (even though he had canceled) he's going to eat what he can of that (a lot of it is stuff he hates) before it spoils and then eat the DTG stuff later. Since he is only doing the 5 day, 2 meals per day plan, he has some flex. We are a bit high in food though right now. Running out of garbage space for the boxes and also the fridge. LOL

But, he does like it so far. He said it would be best to thaw the food out first though as some things heated weird or a cold thing ended up being totally frozen. I had the vegetable ravioli yesterday that was really good. His red snapper was to him, "ok". Better than the DY red snapper as he said that was just really fishy tasting and not good. So, jury is still out but it looks good to me.
Tricia
P.S. The Chocolate mousse that came with it was awesome!!!!
Old 03-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #6  

I hear you on being high in food -- we are too, our fridge looks crazy!! Being in an apartment building we were able to take our trash & cardboard out to the dumpster... thank goodness because it was crazy up in here.

Good point on the thawing, and also HOORAY for desserts! I'm pretty excited about the PFFS desserts, even though they're teeny. Dessert is fun.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:37 PM   #7  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlebean View Post
I hear you on being high in food
Ditto!

Our freezer needs a major feng shui consult!!!!!!!!

Cheers,
full of grace
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:58 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 170/158/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm waiting for my first shipment as we speak! I'm super excited, but a bit nervous about being hungry with only 3 meals a day and no snacks. Those of you who are on the plan....how are you doing with hunger and weight loss?
Katycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:48 AM   #9  

So I thought I'd reply to myself and hope that someone joins in. I am on day 5 of Diet to go. As I have heard from others, I LOVE the food. I mean it is really good. The only thing I haven't liked so far was the veggie sub...yucky! But the rest of it is absolutely delicious. My favorite is the chugwater chili...mmmm.... cheesey, sour creamy, tasty buscuit. But also healthy! chickpeas, big chunks of fresh tomato. I really can't say enough about the food.
So now on to the down side. I must admit, I am hungry between meals. I really think that I was used to eating all the time and my body is not accustomed to waiting. I have been supplementing with yoghurt between meals. I am hoping to break myself of this habit this week and just stick to the food. The mornings are particularly difficult (I think my morning coffee makes my blood sugar drop around 10ish). The other tough time for me is nightime. But once again...I am going to try to adjust. I keep telling myself that this is ample food and that thin women eat like this all the time. If I want to be one of them, I will just have to accept it.
I am down 4 pounds in 5 days (lots of water weight I'm sure, as my sodium intake was HUGE before and has dropped WAY down). But 4 pounds is 4 pounds and I am happy.
I will keep updating as this progresses.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:10 AM   #10  
blissfully gluten-free

Hang in there! Sounds like you're off to a really great start!

Try stretching just a little more than usual between each meal. I did the math and divided up my food to make sure that I was eating at the right times for how much I needed to get in each day, and I put a little extra buffer time between the bigger meals.

Just some thoughts.

That chili you described sounds YUMMY! What fun! Glad the food is delish! That's awesome... and it really helps with the sticking-with-it part of things.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:12 AM   #11  

Hi Grace! Thanks for the tip. I actually made it through the day yesterday without having to add anything! Horray!
I see that you are on Bistro MD. That was the other diet I was considering. What do you think of it? Are you hungry? Do you enjoy the food?
Old 04-23-2008, 11:15 AM   #12  

For those of you who are just starting Diet to go...I found another meal I don't like. The Turkey Chili. It's not terrible, but it wasn't too filling. Also, the pasta salad that came with it was yucky, and I just really prefer the chugwater chili.
I had the ham salad sandwich for lunch yesterday...loved it! I split it in two and ate half at noon and half at 4:00. Very satisfying.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:42 AM   #13  
blissfully gluten-free

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katycat View Post
Hi Grace! Thanks for the tip. I actually made it through the day yesterday without having to add anything! Horray!
I see that you are on Bistro MD. That was the other diet I was considering. What do you think of it? Are you hungry? Do you enjoy the food?
That's awesome!! Congrats!!

Yes, I am on BistroMD and I love it. I'm rarely hungry (and if I am, it's usually for something I'm craving "off plan" like something really salty or crunchy or maybe some cheese or milk or steak or something not abundant on the gluten-free version of BistroMD), which makes me think it's not so much "hungry" as "needy" or "crave-y" or whatever.

If you visit my blog (linked in the sidebar and in my signature--"The Journey So Far"), you'll see photos of the foods and read my thoughts on them. A couple of dishes didn't thrill me, but overwhelmingly, I do love the foods and I especially enjoy not having to THINK about what to eat or when. It's all just a "follow the plan and all will be well" thing... but, of course, some days are harder than others.

That's been the big lesson here: even with a "we do all the thinking for you" plan like this, it's still work. I was so sure that I could just do this on autopilot, but even with everything "taken care of," there's still WORK, and I guess that's good to know, eh?

Lemmeknow if you have other BistroMD questions. I've only had about 30% of the foods they offer, because I can't have wheat gluten, but I have been on the program for ten weeks now and hopefully could answer any questions you might have--at least to some extent.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:28 AM   #14  

Default plan choices/snacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katycat View Post
So now on to the down side. I must admit, I am hungry between meals. I really think that I was used to eating all the time and my body is not accustomed to waiting. I have been supplementing with yoghurt between meals. I am hoping to break myself of this habit this week and just stick to the food. The mornings are particularly difficult (I think my morning coffee makes my blood sugar drop around 10ish). The other tough time for me is nightime. But once again...I am going to try to adjust. I keep telling myself that this is ample food and that thin women eat like this all the time. If I want to be one of them, I will just have to accept it.
Hey Katycat, which plan are you on? I was checking out some DTG plans last night and I was wondering about this exact issue. What I was thinking I might do if I decide to give them a try is do the "low-fat 1200" plan and add around 3 snacks a day to get my calorie intake up to around 1400-1600. I could just do the 1600 plan, but I think that, like you, I would prefer to eat more often over the course of the day rather than have a few larger meals. 1400-1600 seems to be a good intake level for me from what I've learned doing the other plans I've tried (Deliciously Yours & Pure Foods Fresh Start).

Thanks for sharing your experience!
-NB
Old 04-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #15  

Hi Noodlebean!
I'm on the 1200 cal low fat version. From what I can tell, the main difference between this and the 1600 cal plan is a couple of yogurts and a bit of cream cheese for the morning muffins and scones. You could EASILY do this on your own. The yogurt that they use is the yoplait fat free one. If you check out the webite, they have a nutritional analysis for all of the foods for both the 1200 plan and the 1600 plan, so you could just use that to make your shopping list for the "extras."
Another food note for everyone...I had the szechwan turkey burger for lunch yesterday. It was thick and flavorful and yummy, but the noodle salad that came with it was WAY salty. And this is coming from a verified salt-o-holic. I had the salmon and rice last night for dinner and it was delicious and very filling. And I don't even like salmon!