3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc

Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #16

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks KC! Good to know. I like your photo.

I decided to go ahead and give DTG a try! I'll begin the 2nd week of May (due to scheduled deliveries already in place with PFFS and upcoming travel plans!).

Weight loss since 1/26/08:

ThinByMail.com - Noodlebean & Mr. Peanut's weight loss blog with meal delivery plan reviews, photos, and more! Check our our Special Report Section with reports of our experiences on eDiets, Pure Foods Fresh Start, Diet to Go, and other plans.
noodlebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:49 PM   #17

S/C/G: 170/158/140

Height: 5'3"

Things are going pretty well. I have only lost another pound this week, but I think it's because it is that "time of the month" (I also had a few beers and a couple of cheat meals last weekend...that could be it too).
I have found another meal that I LOVE. The red snapper. Wow it is really yummy (And once again, I must point out, I am not really a fan of fish). Thick layer of breading on top and served with a creamy polenta with corn. Sooooo good!
Just a tip...I have found that if you are going to heat up in the microwave, use WAX PAPER! They say that you can use either wax paper or plastic wrap, but I have found that the plastic wrap leaves the food too watery.
I have had a couple of problems with the lunches. A couple of days have been a tiny little sandwich with very little meat and two pieces of plain bread. One was a turkey sandwich which came with a bunch of BBQ sauce on the side, but it really added nothing in terms of bulk and made it a sloppy mess. I was so hungry yesterday it felt like my stomach was eating itself (plus the sandwich was NOT good). But I guess thats why they allow substitutions.
Happy DTGing!
Katycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #18
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katycat View Post
I have found another meal that I LOVE. The red snapper. Wow it is really yummy (And once again, I must point out, I am not really a fan of fish). Thick layer of breading on top and served with a creamy polenta with corn. Sooooo good!
Ooooooooh, that SOUNDS good. Wow! Yum!!!

Congrats on the pound you lost. It's in the right direction, and that's what counts!!

My weight, in pounds:

Every bite is a choice.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #19

I've been on Diet to Go and have averaged a weight loss of 1.2 pounds a week so far. I love it!

Dee
deesharee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #20

S/C/G: 233/231/160

Height: 5'6

anyone could tell me what does the shipping charge look like with the 1200 DTG?
Floprieto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:05 PM   #21
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricializ View Post

The food is flash frozen and shipped in dry ice. Then it is vacuum sealed.
Tricia
Wow, I always wondered how they kept the food fresh. So when you get it, you just warm it and eat it as is?
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 03:25 PM   #22
banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricializ View Post
The food is flash frozen and shipped in dry ice. Then it is vacuum sealed.
Tricia
which means it will be very fresh when time to be eaten. Almost just as if freshly prepared.
chinchillables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #23

S/C/G: 170/158/140

Height: 5'3"

It is official. I have lost 12 pounds. Things are going well. The only reason for the slow weight loss is that I cheat EVERY weekend. I am eating more fish and vegies than I ever have in my life (my skin is loving me for it) and I continue to love most of the food.
Katycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:36 AM   #24
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katycat View Post
It is official. I have lost 12 pounds. Things are going well. The only reason for the slow weight loss is that I cheat EVERY weekend. I am eating more fish and vegies than I ever have in my life (my skin is loving me for it) and I continue to love most of the food.
Yay 12!!! Yay!

My weight, in pounds:

Every bite is a choice.
full of grace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #25

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

Of the frozen diet delivery food deliveries I got, I liked Diet to Go the best. I didn't keep up with it just cause the only meal plans I liked were the vegetarian, and I was making a lot of subs (costs extra) and some weeks only liked a couple things on the dinner, so had stuffed shells or mac n cheese (yummy both) like 4 or 5 times that week.

I do recommend teh vegetarian B-L-D option. Many of the items were absolutely lovely--the blueberry and the apple pancakes with soy sausages were just such fun to eat first thing. I'd order them for nearly every day when it was their week. And some of the omelettes were quite tasty. Anything with a wrap (burrito, wrap) was problematic. I ended up baking them in the toaster oven or, if it was a melt, transferring the topping to a whole wheat pita or ww tortilla and eating it that way. The one they came with tended to get soggy.

I didn't try the low-fat (too much chicken/turkey and I can't eat fish/seafood), and teh low carb one was HORRIBLE. But the vegetarian one was doable.

I'm trying fresh ones in my area. Right now, I'm enjoying Shape Lovers (in South Florida), at shapelovers dot net. They have interesting stuff and Latin food items, so it suits me. And each meal (one a day, I use it for lunch or dinner) comes with soup, entree, side dish, and a dessert. It is soooooo nice to have a dessert (very light, usually about 2 to 3 WW points, more often 3), things like coconut flan, pineapple cream cake, strawberry mousse, citrus rice puddig, etc. Sugar-free, low-fat.

I love having that little treat.

Diet to Go is nice cause they also give you some yummy treats on occasion, like the mousse or the small piece of cake.

So, for people looking for convenience, this is a good plan, but if you ahve one in your area (like NY, San Fran, LA, Miami, etc tend to have) that delivers FRESH food, even ORGANIC fresh meals (not frozen, cooked that day), go for it. Makes a huge difference to get fresh and local and you don't have to fill up your fridge.

BTW: You can put a couple day's worth of food to defrost at a time in the fridge, as the DTG rep told me. That made it really easy.

Happy losing, y'all

Mirtika

Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote