Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #736  

S/C/G: 230/199/145

Height: 5'6"

Hi, I am new here, this is my first post, I have been reading you for while and decide to join Bistro md, I receive my first order (7 days no snack) last thursday june 11. So far most of the food is great, but not to happy with the breafast.
A little bit about myself, I live in NY, after having my second baby, a year ago, I was 230 pounds, down to 203 the day a start Bistro, I will weight in on Thursday and let you know how I am doing. I am 35 years old, married, 2 kids (7 years old girl, 1 year old boy). Hope to be around often to share experience and emotional support. By the way, SLEDGE, what a great inspiration you are!!!! WTG!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:20 PM   #737  
Sledge

S/C/G: 406/294/150

Height: 5'7"

Hey yajusiniano-

Thanks...I still need to lose about 150 more.....

So far Bistro been OK. Not a fan of the turkey dinners or the fish dinners but good with chicken, pasta, soups, shrimp etc. You can get the plan w/o breakfasts. I did that after 2 weeks.

I gained 4 lbs in one day. No idea. Not my TOM. Ate just Bistro except had 3 eggwhites and veggies and whole grain english muffin except for their food--no added salt or oil or butter....who knows...maybe I will check it out with bistro nutrition person.

I am trying to start exercising again.....

Good Luck with everything yajust!

Sledge
Old 06-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #738  

Sledge, thanks for replying, I call Bistro this afternoon I cancel the breakfast, but my order for this week is already out, I will get it on Wednesday, they will do it for next order. My meals are without turkey, red meat or seafood, because I don't like it and requested that way I just get pasta, vegetarian and chicken.
This is my first week, I will weight in on Thursday and will post my results, hopefully I am a few pounds down. I start exercising the same day I start with bistro, I want to do it 6 days a week, need to lose 56 Pound by January.
Thanks and good luck to you too.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #739  
Sledge

Very cool. I just asked for no turkey or fish. I am OK with shrimp but their fish has a weird texture

I am trying to get motivated to exercise but am really lazy by nature and have yet to push myself. Who knows....maybe tonight!!!

Hey....how do you get your person picture on the side bar.

crenita, are you still here?
Old 06-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #740  

You have to go to quick link in top, then profile, and it will show you the options for you avatar.
I have been exercising since Thursday, I plan to do it 6 times per week, I am very lazy as well, but I am pushing myself to do it, I don't want to fail again, I am determine to lose 50 pounds by the end of this year. I work out first time in the morning to get it over with, before I go to work (work afternoons) or my 1 years old wake up, if he does, that is a mission impossible.
Tomorrow is my weight in, but I could not resist and got on the scale today, I am 3 pounds down in 7 days, I am so excited!!!! Yupiiiiiiii!!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #741  
Sledge

Thanks.
Yajust-

You are beautiful!

How cool to live in NYC!!!

3 lbs!!! congratulations!

I weigh myself everyday--not good. I gained 4 lbs in one day and have no idea why. I skipped weigh in this am and am hoping I am back down tomorrow!

You will do this and knock off those damn 50 lbs!!!!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #742  

Yes I am still here.. sounds like you are making adjustments to meet your needs and likes and dislikes.. Good idea's....
Well I am still on the ' other' plan .. and really enjoying the food but unfortunately No weight loss.. of course I have been traveling a bit so that doesn't help keep one on a good plan of food intake. I also think I am just ' tired' of watching everything that goes into my mouth. and maybe just need a break
Back on track this week so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I need to get back to the right plan in my HEAD for weight loss.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 PM   #743  
Sledge

Crenita,

Are you going to stay on the other plan?

I am stalled as well but am not moving....I know I need to exercise to get the scale moving again
Old 06-23-2009, 07:38 AM   #744  

Yes still on the other plan and for now really, really enjoying it.... Now you have to understand I have been dieting for > 1 year so for me, variety is what keeps me going. .... I have been on Bistro plan the longest so I just think I needed a summer break... or just a change up...for awhile. I have NOTHING bad to say about bistro .....but I could tell I was starting to wander with my desires for food so the safest thing for me to do is switch up plans for awhile........and the little reduction in price is FINE as well.

As for exercise....now that summer is here swimming has been added to my plan and that is GOOD...I think when I get my act back together I really do need to start a formal exercise program at a local gym... I think the discipline for having to GO is something that I need . I don't seem to be disciplined enough to do it on my own. I always seem to have an excuse NOT to exercise.....
Do you have a way to get the exercise in ??????
Old 06-29-2009, 12:03 AM   #745  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 4 ft 11

I was doing DTG for awhile but I may just switch to Bistro MD. I hear good things about it.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #746  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Hi Everyone,

Still on my "break" from BistroMD, but I have a few of the frozen meals still in my freezer and whenever I pop one in and eat it, two things happen:

1. I'm reminded how WONDERFUL the food is and how BistroMD got me off to such a great start, in my journey to lose weight way back when.

2. I think of you wonderful folks. And I smile!

So, just thought I'd let you know--all of those who have been here before and all of those who will come along and read this in the archives--that this is a great community of support and encouragement and knowledge. I'm glad to have had this time together and look forward to keeping tabs on everyone's successes along the way.

Yay!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:06 AM   #747  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I'm hoping this thread stays active--I just decided over the weekend to start with Bistro MD. Put my order in before the weekend and can't wait to get started!
Old 08-02-2009, 11:55 AM   #748  

Anyone still doing this plan?
Old 08-02-2009, 03:44 PM   #749  

S/C/G: 230/229/200

Height: 5'3

I am! I am!

I would love to discuss the plan with you anytime. I have been on it about a month. I've had to call and tweak it -- really hated the sirloin meals. The texture of the meat just made me gag! I've had meals that I just love and a few that are just okay. But, since I often feel that way about my own cooking-lol- I can live with that!

So far I've lost 13 lbs.

How long have you been on the plan? Have you had to tweak it? How are you doing?
Old 08-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #750  

I just placed my order today - I am excited to start.
Closed Thread