Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #706  

well it looks like everyone has fallen off the cliff........ anyone around ???

Anyway.... had a little drop in weight HURRAY.... It now takes so much longer for the darn scale to keep moving. but I will take whatever little movement that occurs.I guess I am just going to have to accept monthly weight reductions vs weekly but I still weight in each day... it keeps me honest.
well on one of my days off plan..... I did a blow out high carb day... was just craving bread, and popcorn and stuff like that so I just did one day with what ever high carb low protein low sugar day.... and surprise the little scale didn't scream .In fact she was smiling at me this morning.....
Today I am going out with friends for a Cuban dinner .....Can't wait. We will get some boliche and chicken w yellow rice...yum. For those that are not familiar, Boliche is a steak rolled and stuffed with chorizo sausage and they slice it .......Total HIGH protein and Fat !!. served with plantains and yellow rice and peas.....No veggies in site . We order different things and slip the meals... Oh and we will have to have some Flan to finish it off...( I might skip the flan.... don't need the EXTRAs...rather some Cuban Coffee..yum.......
Then tomorrow right back on plan....Hope you all have a great weekend.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:17 PM   #707  

I just started Bistro MD and I am ready to go! I've done Jenny Craig before and got really sick of the similar flavors... did anyone have issues like that with Bistro?
Old 05-02-2009, 10:28 PM   #708  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Just a quick hello.

I've been off Bistro MD for a few months now and as you can see, my weightloss has S-T-A-L-L-E-D. But I'm not complaining. I'm just 10 pounds away from goal and Bistro definitely taught me so many good habits.

Hope everyone of my old Bistro buddies is doing well! Miss y'all!
Old 05-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #709  

Unhappy

well it looks like the group has wandered away from the Bistro plan...... I too for awhile but am having a hard time getting adjusted to poor quality food. Cheaper but definately inferior to the Bistro stuff.
Is anyone still on the plan and if so how are you all doing ??
I remain at a stand still ..... and am soooooooo frustrated. I don't know if it is just I am tired of watching everything that I consume of just tired of prepared foods.... something isn't working right now..
Any suggestions ??
Old 05-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #710  

Hi Renita. I just signed up and can't wait to try this out. I unfortunately missed the order cut-off time by less than an hour on Sunday (darn east coast time), so I won't get anything until the end of next week.

I'm looking at your ticker and I can't believe the amout of progress you made so far. We all know that hitting stand stills from time to time is a normal part of the process, especially for someone like you who has been making great progress for so long. I don't have much advice for you since all I've managed to do is gain weight over the last year, but you definitely have my support and encouragement.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #711  
klc

LOL Renita! I just sent you an email, and came out to the board for the first time in forever, and saw your post from yesterday

Like Renita, I wandered away for awhile, and just can't deal with the other plan any longer (may be inexpensive, but Bistro does spoil you), so I'm coming back home. Cath, glad to see I'll have company here!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #712  

Talking Good to be Back HOME

Well Kathy us OLD DOG"s just don't seem satisfied with anything but the BEST do we ; .........heheheheheh

I know this is more money but OH MY the food is real food and filling and something I look forward to each and every meal. Bistro really has spoiled me haven't they ?

But it feels like coming on home doesn't it ?

And Cath I am sure you will be as delighted as Kathy and I have for lo these many months...... but just a warning once you taste this stuff you won't want to do any other program ......Welcome to the Bistro club.

Renita
Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #713  

Default well finally

Finally a little movement on the old scale-o-meter!

Only one pound but boy did that take some doing.

I seem to be in the weight resistance mode now so hope another swap of meals will get the old scale to get going.
I just got a batch of those great protein bars from Diet Direct.. They are
soooooooo good and filling.. I tried a sample pack this time to taste some of the other flavors One thing about eating them is you are NOT hungry after one ' candy bar' and a drink. They have something like 15gms
of protein so that is a great thing for me. The last several days I have stayed really close to lots of protein products and Viola...... a little chg in weight.
I wanted to add a little more veggie to the mix so I got a bag of a
edamame mix that I got at Super Target and that is such a filling and low cal veggie for me.... I love them
Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy the little extra time off ......Hopefully in the SUN with some GREAT BBQ and FUN

Last edited by crenita; 05-22-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #714  

Kathy and Renita-

Your comments about being spoiled by Bmd is great news to me. Renita knows that I did PFFS for awhile last year. I went back to that website recently to just to check it out and I literally had a negative physical response at the thought of ordering from them again. I think the program was fine enough and nutritionally sound, but I got tired of the food really fast and, even after all these months not having any of it, I don't think I'll ever become un-tired of it. I also had a short stint on Diet To Go and didn't even make it a week because I thought the nutrition was poor/unhealthy quality. I love that both of you have had experience with Bmd for a really long time and are still saying great things about it. I'm so excited to get started! Just one more week until delivery.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #715  
klc

Cath-
I agree with your comments. I started on 'real food' (i.e. not freeze dried) meal deliver last March. Here's my history from start til now:

e-Diets - I actually liked the food and lost weight on it, but they were having alot of problems with spoiled veggies. After 10 weeks, decided to change to PFFS to try their food (same supplier as e-Diets)

PFFS - Excellent customer service, but they were having the same spoiled food issues at the time. From what I understand (and from my current experience with e-Diets) the supplier has resolved this. But I actually preferred e-Diets menus/meals over PFFS at the time

BistroMD - Excellent customer service, and the food was AMAZING. It was in a whole different category from the other meal plans. If you've read thru this thread, you know that they went thru some major changes after the first of the year. Had problems with packaging and taste of new menu items. Keep in mind when any of us talked about that food being sup-par, it was in comparison to the rest of their foodj, not to other programs (the worst items that they introduced back then were better than the best items on e-Diets for example) Decided to try DTG lo-carb

DTG lo-carb - Excellent customer service. Some of the food was incredibly good, some wasn't (personal taste...I don't like fat on meat, or skin on chicken). Like you, I wasn't comfortable with the nutritional balance on their plans. I only did 1 week of it. Went back to Bistro

Bistro - Did a few more weeks on this requesting only 'old' menu items. With summer coming on (I've got all sorts of fruit/veggies growing in my front yard, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, figs, japanese persimmons, asian pears, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, kale) I decided to go back to e-diets for a few months, cause they were having killer cheap promotions, and you supply your own fruit with them.

e-Diets - What a disappointment! I REALLY wanted to be able to stick with this for a few months, but there's a huge difference between their meals now, and what they were a year ago. Tiny portions of everything, especially meat. It took about 2 weeks to get completely bored with it, to the tune of dreading dinner. So, it's back to Bistro.

I'm hoping that Bistro got all of the kinks worked out with the new menu items and packaging. I feel sure that they have, cause they were getting there when I changed over to e-Diets. I actually looked forward to eating their food, cause the huge majority of it was as good, or better, than anything I would have ordered in or eaten out, and it was more convenient.

Look forward to hearing your take on the food!
Old 05-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #716  

Smile

Cath....... I second Kathy's assessment of the products of the the other meal plans...... Bistro is just so much better .....
Just one suggestion.. the heating instruction they provide stink......
after many, many meals that I have eaten the best way to heat Bistro is to take the meal items out of the plastic vacuum bags and heat on a plate in the microwave. The food is so fresh when they package it that all the juices of the meat and veggies are sealed in with the products. It Makes them really good but just a little too moist for most of our tastes.. . The meat products are sealed separately from the veggies.. so you really get the good flavor of the seasoning on each product. I usually start with the meat on the plate and heat that for about 3 min/ then add the veggies and finish the heating The meat is so thick I give it a extra boast to make sure it is really hot Example is if you have rosemary flavored potatoes that is the only item with rosemary on it... not mixed and mingled all together but flavorful items on their own. I use I CAN"T BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER spray to just add a little buttery flavor bu t that is just a personal preference. ..
For ME the best thing is that most of the meals come with a sauce or fruit chutney or something to make a plain old chicken breast YUMMY.... After eating all of their meals there is only one or two that are not favorites but still GOOD .. EVERYTHING is so tasty. I never feel like I am deprived..... only getting good healthy food
Now I think you said you are not getting the snacks.. That is fine but be sure to ask for the list of mid meal snacks they recommend.. and DO eat them.. On this plan you will never be hungry.
That is what I miss when on the other meals plans.. They all feel like I am really deprived but not on Bistro. Ask lots of questions ....... I am sure one of us has had the same question in the past..........
Good luck.......Renita
Old 06-04-2009, 09:12 PM   #717  

Default Brand New Bistro chick

Hi.

I am awaiting my first order. I am concerned that it will still be good to eat. Is it shipped on Monday? And it is still good to eat on Friday??

Can anyone reassure me of this or tell me to worry!

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #718  

No problem with the food arriving safely...... they freeze the stuff SOLID..... and I do mean SOLID, like a hard brick. I sometimes felt like I would get freezer burn just loading the packages into my freezer.
Not to worry... they are really good about doing this the right way and use lots of dry ice that will last. I live in the south and got food through the hottest summer months without a hitch.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:59 AM   #719  

I've had my first week of BMD food and so far so good! A couple of the tray meals (I guess those are always the lunch ones, which is fine I suppose since easier to deal with at work) were cracked when I got them, but for the most part everything has been fine. Some dishes I loved more than others, but you guys are right, it surpasses the stuff I had on PFFS. I will check back in later when I weigh in for the week. I add my own stuff to certain of the breakfasts and use my own snacks, and with that and the BMD food, I am NEVER hungry, yay! I felt like I was starving on PFFS. I'm sort of suspcious that I won't actually lose any weight from this though, because it feels like so much food (though clearly less than my usual overeating mode w/o BMD). I almost don't believe the calorie counts on the labels because they add up to such a low number.

KLC, thanks for the summary of your meal delivery history. It was really insightful, and makes me feel like I am making the right choice here.

RENITA! What are you doing over at Diet To Go? Why the change, and how is it going? Like I mentioned, I didn't have success with them last year, but I was on their website this week and it looks totally different. From a quick glance through the forum thread, it sounds like there have been improvements (like less of all that white bread), but please give your thoughts on your experience with Diet To Go as it compares to BMD.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:16 PM   #720  

Hi Cath..... well I have been doing the rounds so to speak re the meal delivery plans.. I decided to try the DTG low fat plan.....and surprise it is really, really good.. nothing like it was last year. and a lot better than my experience on their low carb plan.
when you have been dieting as long as I have > 1 year change ups seem to help me keep focused and on plan. I will probably go through the full 5 weeks with DTG as I am really enjoying them a lot. Lots more protein, and whole wheat products and not all those great big white bread buns full of lunch meat like I had last year. I think I have sub'd out a lot of meals to make the meals more to what I like. The breakfasts( egg breakfasts ) have been really good. And so far have enjoyed each meal.. which totally surprised me. I have only had one week but it was totally good and filling. The only thing is they don't plan for any mid meal or evening snacks.. something I crave.... so I have done my own thing with that using string cheese and berries or one of my high protein snacks or high protein puddings. I just got this great yogurt smoothie mix from that online place Diet Direct.. you just add water to it and if you want some frozen berries or ice.. it is GREAT.... only 100 calories and 15 gm of protein so it is totally FILLING.. I made one today and added crushed ice and frozen berries to it and made it like a berry milkshake....AWESOME.
after the 5 weeks will probably go back to Bistro.. It remains my ' Home' for meals.. I just need change every so often to keep me motivated.
I am really missing my shrimp dinners and pot roast as well as the salmon...hmmmmm they are the Best for me.. love those Bistro Meals. and honestly I FEEL the best eating that way. But I have learned when I start to get too USE to the food it is time to try something else so I appreciate the Bistro food all the more.
What have you liked the best ????
Closed Thread