Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 09:53 PM   #181  
klc

Have you guys looked at the yellow menu for next week. It looks WONDERFUL. It's nice to know that I've been on this program for 5 weeks, and the food still looks great (and I'm still eating stuff that I haven't tried).

Renita, I've been doing meal delivery since March (6 months), have lost 40 lbs (hopefully that last one will be gone Friday), and nobody else may be able to see it, but I sure can feel it...in my clothes, in my chin, in my walk. I've lost it slowly, and am still wearing the same clothes (previously loose clothing that's much looser now) so people just don't notice it when you lose like that. But the fact is, today, you're 50lbs lighter than you were 7 months ago. And you've developed habits, knowledge (i.e. protein chips instead of potato chips) that will stick with you way after the weight is gone.
-Kathy
Old 09-04-2008, 07:38 AM   #182  
klc

Amanda,
Like you, I love raw veggies, fruit, etc. I've had cherry tomatoes all summer, and my raspberries are now cranked up. I'm on the 7 day plan, but I've kept a tub of cherry tomatoes at work to munch on if I have that craving. I'm now eating a handful of raspberries daily (love them on oatmeal). If the whim hits, I'll cut up celery and stick it in the fridge. But I think you'll find that you won't go thru the major cravings that you do on many other plans, because there are ALOT of veggies on this program, and even tho they're cooked, they're still crunchy/fresh tasting. And as everyone has already said, no other plan can touch the 'yum' factor of this food. I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Bistro is in a league of their own.
-Kathy
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 137/131.5/125

Height: 5'6

Renita, your friend is jealous. That is the only reason for that comment. If you've lost 46 pounds, she can tell a difference. Don't let people negate your success. You know that you've done well. ****, my two children put together do not weigh 46 pounds...so, you've basically are not carrying around two toddlers.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:40 PM   #184  
klc

Hey, I just flipped back thru some posts to see if I'd missed anything. Are we all on Friday weigh-ins now? I know Grace posted last Friday, Melissa said she'd changed hers to Friday. Renita, is yours Thursday or Friday? From some sneak peeks, I'm not expecting anything major, but if I can consistently do a pound, I'm not gonna whine...can't have any cheese to go with it
-Kathy
Old 09-04-2008, 07:50 PM   #185  

Unhappy I 'm a Friday gal

Yup Friday is weight in day...officially.......

I almost fell into the toilet this morning... when I jumped on the scale.. I had gone UP........ one lb........ now really.. this makes no sense....... total calories yesterday was 1203......... now, how the heck could I gain a pound on that ??????????

I am getting mad now........ and tomorrow is suppose to be my dinner on my own.......if I gained on 1200 what is going to happen when I have 2300- 2400 cal in one day....... GAIN 10 lbs???/
This dumb body of mine. It fights me every way I turn.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #186  

I'm up a half pound, too Renita....I have no idea why...
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 PM   #187  
klc

Here's a toast to all of us having a healthy BM in the morning before weigh in
-Kathy
Old 09-05-2008, 03:37 AM   #188  
blissfully gluten-free

S/C/G: 195/192/170

Height: 5'7"...................................... waist: 38"/34"/28"

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by klc View Post
Hey, I just flipped back thru some posts to see if I'd missed anything. Are we all on Friday weigh-ins now? I know Grace posted last Friday, Melissa said she'd changed hers to Friday. Renita, is yours Thursday or Friday? From some sneak peeks, I'm not expecting anything major, but if I can consistently do a pound, I'm not gonna whine...can't have any cheese to go with it
Helloooooooooo, lovelies!

So sorry for my big gaps in visiting (again). Sooooooo busy and the first thing to go is the message board! Sorry!

I have been thinking about you all, though.

Not EVEN going to try to respond to all that's been going on while I've been away from you, but wanted to report my weigh-in (I weigh in on Thursdays officially, but I do hop on the scale both Wednesday and Friday and if one of those is better than Thursday, I take it... heh heh).

I'm up a little over a half-pound this week (as expected, with the monthlies and all that jazz) BUT I whipped out the measuring tape today and my waist is down ANOTHER half-inch!!!!!!

I've gone from a 40" waist to a 34.5" waist in just seven months!!!!!!

Yay, me!

So, I love having a few different ways to measure my success. My size 18 jeans are falling off me (time to shop... again. Seems like I JUST bought three new size 18s two months ago when my 20s were too big, but I'm not complaining, y'all) and I saw a dear friend today who said, "I just can't get over how FANTASTIC you look."

I JUST saw her last week, so it's not like she doesn't know the progress I'm making... it just shows some days more than others.

Anyway, that's my report.

Today was a "day off" from BistroMD but still well within 1200 calories and I had a TON of water. Very active today (which was wonderful) and I am lovin' life.

Hope y'all are too.

Something really nice about having been on this journey for so many months now is that I can really see a pattern to my weightloss and blips up. Always the blips up are smaller and the overall trend is DOWN. That's awesome! And, again (my constant refrain), it's something I can live with, every single day. And THAT's a huge win for me. Couldn't lose an ounce and keep it off if I were torturing myself.

So, in skimming posts of anxiety over "less loss one week than another," I'm left with wanting to just say: Be less instant-results-oriented and more big-picture-focused. Are you in a better place than you were last month? Last season? Last year?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

That's awesome.

Much love!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #189  
klc

Grace! So good to hear from your svelte self!!!! We've missed you. Congrats on that little waist. AND on being in an 18 and about to drop down a size. Woo-hoo! As usual, you post was a great morale booster this morning.

It will be heaven for me to get out of the plus size department. I'm still wearing all of my original 22/24/26 work clothes (elastic backs in the pants, tunic length tops) but I've only got 1 pair of jeans that come close to staying up. I was going to hold out to do any clothes shopping until I hit the halfway mark, but I may have to go out and buy a pair of jeans today, just because

No loss on my weigh-in this morning, but I am definitely happy with that after over indulging last weekend. As Grace keeps saying, it's a matter of doing something that you can live with. I honestly don't feel like I'm on a 'diet'. I haven't had to sacrifice or 'give up' anything (except maybe excess). I can even still be lazy...maybe even lazier...don't even have to get in the car and go thru a drive-thru window or wait 30 minutes for the pizza. Life is good.
-Kathy
Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #190  

Unhappy weekly weight in

Yup......... up 1 1/2 lbs.... on average of 1203 calories per day for the last week........
I won't even try to figure it out.......

Next week will be better..

Today I am lunching with a friend.. I have decided today is off the diet day..and will resume tomorrow after my food arrives.
I am going to look over my food and any options I used and see what may be the issue.

I am keeping the focus on and will re-energize my efforts.

Renita

PS thanks Guys for all the helpful insight and advise.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #191  

Hey, I"m up this week too. I was up 1/2 pound. Bleck. Oh well, off to next Friday. I'm watching football....BB later.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #192  

Wink first day off the plan.. with meal on my own.

Well I had a wonderful day yesterday. A friend came over for lunch and and afternoon of gab pool side. I made a great New Orleans BBQ shrimp and tortellini salad on mixed greens, French bread and I had a slice of coconut cream pie......( The first REAL food I have had in 7 months except for that Pizza pig out in June )))
YOU WILL BE PROUD OF ME... I sent all the leftovers( lots)) EVERYTHING home with her to share with her husband and teenage son.. I kept NOTHING.

Well anyway.. while sitting by the pool drinking tea she said...... you know you have lost more weight since I saw you 3 weeks ago......well I almost fell over..of course she is right but how the heck could she tell?? She saw me before Bistro MD began.

well I was dreading doing the numbers for yesterday's over indulgence.. now really I didn't need both the tortellini salad AND the pie.........
but surprise of surprises I only hit 2300 cal for the day..
Ok Ok...... your were all right... I just need to settle down and forget the up and down blips.....and RELAX and enjoy the ride......
Well today.. I was very good and even made a nice pot of beef veggie soup( home made of course) to fill in on the days I don't get BM food. I mixed up one of the fruity protein drinks in a BIG icy glass and went out to the pool for Water aerobics....... Now I feel back in control and ready for another week.
Thanks for all the good support

Renita

..................PS UPDATE.. Sunday weight in...... DOWN another 1.2 lbs.. NOW that makes no sense for sure.. more food MORE WEIGHT OFF>>>LOVE THIS>
Now at 47 lbs lost It would be sweet if I could hit the big 50 by my Birthday next week/on the 15th..keep your fingers crossed for me the Best BIRTHDAY gift..

Last edited by crenita; 09-07-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:18 AM   #193  
klc

Quote:
Originally Posted by crenita View Post
YOU WILL BE PROUD OF ME... I sent all the leftovers( lots)) EVERYTHING home with her to share with her husband and teenage son.. I kept NOTHING.
Good move! You did great!

Quote:
Well anyway.. while sitting by the pool drinking tea she said...... you know you have lost more weight since I saw you 3 weeks ago......well I almost fell over..of course she is right but how the heck could she tell?? She saw me before Bistro MD began.
If you were sitting by the pool, you probably weren't wearing alot of oversized clothing, so yes, it does show!!! YAY!!! Also, if she's a close friend, she actually SEE's you, and is proud of you and happy for you. Nobody at work has noticed that I've lost weight, but my good friend across the street comments on it almost every time I see her.

Quote:
Ok Ok...... your were all right... I just need to settle down and forget the up and down blips.....and RELAX and enjoy the ride......
I'm glad you stepped away from the ledge I had a great example of one of those blips this weekend. On my Friday weigh-in, I hadn't lost (actually showed a 0.2lb gain, but that's not even enough to count). Saturday morning I weighed out of curiosity, and lost 5lbs! Well, I knew that wasn't a 'real' loss, so I weighed again this morning. Sure enough, 4 of those came back, but I was still down 1lb from Friday, so I'm a happy camper.

Quote:
Thanks for all the good support
We're all here for each other...it's really helped me ALOT having this group
-Kathy
Old 09-07-2008, 03:13 PM   #194  

yep, I gained too. So....what can you do? I'm focusing on a new week...and right now, I'm HONGRY. I think I'm going to have some BBQ O's.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #195  
klc

Default pudding/cheesecake review

If you guys remember, when I did the snack order, I got a box of the cheesecake mix and custard creme with toffee bits mix. I mixed up both, set them in the fridge for an hour or so. This is the closest I've come to cooking in a few months. I tried a spoon or two of both of them plain, by themselves, so I could do a 'purist' taste test.

Cheesecake -(120 cal/4.5g fat/12g protein) has a powdered skim milk taste to it, but probably will taste better if I let it sit a little longer, or freeze it. Going to try both. Would definitely taste better on a graham cracker crust (like the ones from Bistro) or with some fruit or fat-free whip topping on it

Custard creme - (90 cal/ 2g fat/ 12g protein) Very, very, very sweet. Mixing in some cool whip would probably help it tremendously, but I think the best use for this would be to use skim milk/ice to make a shake or possible add some to coffee. May try both. I'm not ready to feed it to the dogs yet.

If you decide to give these a spin, be sure to read the directions. Cheesecake only uses 2 oz of water, custard 4 oz. It mixes alot easier using a stick blender and doing 2 of them at a time, instead of a spoon.
-Kathy
Closed Thread