Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:55 AM   #31  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

OK today I had the Cran-Orange Muffin, ewwww not the best, very dense and very BLAH. But the lunch was good yesterday. I did my weigh in today and was down 1 lb. So that helps me want to stick it out.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 PM   #32  
Gettin Closer!!

WOW, still not impressed, my lunch was a chicken salad sandwich on a kaiser roll. Sounds good right? Well it was soggy as crap, the sides were also not the best. I did eat the sandwich since that is what I have here to eat, but I can tell I will be hungry at dinner for something better.
Tomorrow is another day with it. I am going to stick it out and see how the days to come go.
Old 07-10-2007, 04:23 PM   #33  

I have been very dissapointed in the DTG customer service. I was on DTG for 2 weeks, and then put the diet on hold for a week while on 4th of July vacation. Not one order I placed was correct. Instead of signing me up for the 5 day lunch/dinner, the data entry people messed up and had me down for 7 day full plan!!! Each time I called they assured me my corrections were made, and I should not have any further issues. Well each week since then has been wrong. I never recieved the proper subsitutions, or the correct credits. I just recieved my credit card bill....and there were no credits!!! I was billed wrong for the 1st week, and I was billed for all the wrong meals. Make sure you check your bill!!!!

The food was ok....but not worth the hastle, and billing.
beckym123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:31 PM   #34  
Gettin Closer!!

Yeah I do not think I am going to order again, I ordered the 5 day full plan and for what it is I can make a weeks worth of lunches and freeze them like they do. Especially since the food isnt spectacular. So I will just figure out some time to make 5 lunchs ahead of time on Sunday and freeze 3 of them and bring it all to work on Monday. I Bring all my lunches on Monday that way when I am rushed the rest of the week I do not get to work and have the "crap I forgot lunch, oh-well may as well order out". But I am going to finish my DTG I have 2 weeks of lunches since I do not eat the dinners at home I use them for lunch at work. I will use the rest of the breakfasts this week though.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 299/171/160

Height: 5'6"

I started up again with Diet To Go. I had tried it earlier in the year, just not to cook. I also tried Bistro MD, but I got so sick of chicken and I didn't like the flavor. I do like the vegetarian Diet To Go, but only when I substitute a lot (ie, take out all the soy dinners and the ones I don't like, and order more of the stuff I like.)

I didn't order the low-fat (the menu didn't do it for me, since I can't eat seafood and I don't like turkey, so it meant TOO MUCH CHICKEN ). The vegetarian suits me cause I love cheese and beans and pasta and eggs, and the diet features quite a bit of those.

I had problems with orders being wrong earlier in the year (and got credited), but it's been smooth sailing so far for the last three weeks. I've lost 4 pounds, but I haven't followed it perfectly. I've overeaten stuff eating out. Sigh.

Still, I would say if you're going to do DTG, definitely do the vegetarian. And the breakfasts are nice. Those blueberry and those apple pancakes and soy sausages are very tasty. (Waffles are not. Bland and dry). And the yogurt/muffins and pleasant. IT's also nice that you can have a dessert with some of the options: brownies, angel food cake, peach crisp (not that crisp), and a thing with mandarin oranges and a vanilla pudding mixed together that I like.

I wouldn't do Bistro MD again, though. I really found the lack of whole grains and the overabundance of chicken distasteful....not to mention boring.

I think once healthier, less salty options become available in frozen foods, it will be hard for these companies to keep customers. Right now, I use DTG cause it's got a fresher taste and less salt than buying frozen, pre-measured meals. Although, for those who like pasta, I tried KASHI's pesto penne primavera and liked it a whole lot. Nice fiber content, good pesto flavor, whole grain pasta. A winner.

Ultilmately, these plans are not solutions. They are things to try and learn portion control again, to get remotivated, or to give a person a breather from shopping and cooking (that's why I signed up again, since I'm working on a novel and want to finish it before fall is done, so I dont want to take time to cook right now or go to the grocer's two and three times a week). Or all three.

Me, I keep forgetting portions. I really do have portion creep issues. And I hate shopping and cooking. So, for now, it's one tool. It's not a lifetime thing and it's not perfect.

But yeah, I'd stay away from the DTG low-carb. Tried it. YUCK. Vegetarian is nicer, much.

Mir
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:14 AM   #36  
Gettin Closer!!

Portion control is not my issue at all, infact it is rare that I actually finish any meal. But I like to SNACK and I love FATTY FRIED FOOD, SALTY FOOD, SWEETS, you name it.....so for me personally it is about learning how to substitute healthier snacks.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:45 AM   #37  
Gettin Closer!!

OMG I just tried the "Cinnamon Power Bar" UGGGG, it was GROSS, I took one bite and threw the rest away, it was DRY and tasted like....well it was just NOT good. So sure hope that lunch is better today, it is the Turkey pastrami on Rye, and I know I will be HUNGRY then, since the Bar was not good.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #38  

I was doing DTG with one of my friends, after 2 weeks we figured out that we good make better tasting meals that were healthier. DTG does not really use whole grains (only a multi grain dry roll....which only seemed to be good toasted). I like whole wheat pasta (especially the trader joe's kind), and kinda got used to it from doing WW many times around. Portion size is key with this diet, since the food itself is not really all that healthy, it's just small portions. I am trying to train my body back into eating smaller portions. When i did WW, I got so used to getting "more bang for my buck", so i would eat HUGE salads and other things because i could. Then, when i went off WW, my body was used to these huge portions, so when i cheated i cheated big!!

I like the idea of DTG, convenient and easy....but expensive, bad customer service, and the food's just so so...

My friend and I have already made our own meal plan for 4 weeks. We are going to trade off dinners, and make our own lunches.
beckym123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #39  
Gettin Closer!!

yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I think this weekend I am going to our major city's grocery store to get some whole grain buns, and some low fat meats to make sandwiches for lunch's next week. I can also definately do a better job than what they have done. But it was worth a try.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 PM   #40  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

hhhmmmm... I just finished my first week of DTG and I only had one meal that I didn't like (the meatloaf and that was just a texture thing I couldn't get around). I absolutely loved the chicken fajita dinner. I'm doing 1200 cal breakfast, lunch, and dinner 5 day plan.

It is kind of expensive but I definitely prefer it to Nutrisystem ()... and I agree that customer service is pretty bad. My first order was wrong and my second order was missing my substitution... but nothing so bad that I wouldn't give them another try. I want to try it for a full rotation of the 4 weeks and then I will probably switch to just the lunch and dinner for 5 days. I practice my portion control on weekends (so far so good).

I guess it's not for everyone but so far I'm pretty happy with it... just another perspective.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 AM   #41  
Gettin Closer!!

OK I had the Chicken Fajita Dinner yesterday it was good. That was the first meal that I have had so far that I can actually say that about though. The 2 sandwhiches were "ok" and the breakfasts, like I mentioned, ewww.

I bought some whole grain bread last night and some lean turkey/chicken so I am going to try to make some sandwhiches this weekend and freeze them like they do for next week and see how that goes.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:49 PM   #42  
One Day at a Time

Height: 5' 4"

Okay, I just had to jump in here. I have tried just about all of the diet delivery programs. I did JC using a lot of the frozen foods for about 3 months. I had slow steady progress with that. The DTG is actually costing me less than JC due to the fact that I don't have any add ons to purchase, plus the order is a little cheaper than my usual JC order. I have ordered the nutri system food - I say ordered because I could not bring myself to eat much of it. And now I am on to Diet to Go. And I LOVE it. I have the traditional 1200 calorie plan without subs. I found out quick that the food was much better in the oven than the microwave due to the moisture. They seem to really put a lot of effort into the flavor.

I am sure that I could cook something comparable, and I WILL do that once I have lost the weight. Right now I am looking for something that is convenient and that gives me no wiggle room because I obviously do not do well when left to my own devices. I honestly did not think I was eating much before I began any of these 1200 calorie programs, and I LOVE healthy food (but have a sweet tooth ). Now I know that I was obviously eating much more than I thought because at 1200 calories, I am usually in a constant state of slight hunger. I can deal with that as long as the scale reflects the suffering.

Well, I just wanted to throw my experience out there.
houseelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #43  
One Day at a Time

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, I forgot to add that they now have cooking instructions on the back of each package. I have read that they did not have them, so this must be a recent change. Don't forget - the oven is much better than the microwave!
houseelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 200/196/135

Height: 5'4"

I have to agree with Houseelf. I like DTG. None of the delivery programs are all that great and they all have drawbacks. I never used to eat muffins before this so I guess I don't know the difference between good muffins and bad muffins. I used to eat yogurt or a bowl of Cherios for breakfast so getting an omlet, pancakes, muffins, etc. is like a little treat to me. Some of the meals are things I would never eat so I just sub those. Some of them don't taste very good to me so I sub those too.
I have been on DTG for a month and I cheated 10 times!!! I still lost 7 lbs. I think that is pretty good for 20 days. I have a sweet tooth too and I am having trouble controling it. I get hungry at night since that is when I used to eat a big dinner and dessert. I have the worst lack of willpower.
I also heat my meals in the oven. I don't cover them. I pour off any excess water from thawing and cook them in the oven. I only microwave the chili or things like that. I would imagine that makes a difference since it probably makes them taste more like a freshly baked dinner that you made yourself.
workit120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #45  
I CAN DO THIS!!

S/C/G: 360.6/335.4/140

Height: 5'7½"

I guess I just need to vent...

I've received three shipments from DTG and each one has been incorrect or had some type of problem. I have been charged for substitutions that I did not receive, I have received the wrong calorie allotment, food for the wrong number of days, juice containers arrived empty, and of course, I have not received re-imbursement for their errors nor have I received credit for their special offer of "free meals" even though it shows on my invoice they charged my card the full amount. And now they are not responding to my emails. Unfortunately, it has come to the point that I have given them until tomorrow to get it ALL corrected or I will have to go with another service and file a complaint with the BBB.

Is it just me or is anyone else having these types of problems with them?

I have mostly enjoyed the food but don't like paying for things I'm not getting.
gina1221 is offline   Reply With Quote