3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc-194/)
-   -   Diet-to-Go weight loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/packaged-meals-clinics-nutrisystem-medifast-jenny-craig-etc/115365-diet-go-weight-loss.html)

workit120 07-04-2007 02:57 PM

It comes frozen in a styrofoam cooler packed in dry ice. There is also a smaller cardboard box that contains your nonfrozen stuff like whole fruit, fruit juice, breadsticks, condoments, etc. that is just packed with an ice pack.

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-bl...0/135/194/.png

StillTryin 07-05-2007 12:48 PM

Well my first shipment should be here today or tomorrow. I wish I had a tracking number, I will have to check to website to see if you get one. I am excited to try it. God knows something should work, right?

workit120 07-05-2007 03:09 PM

Of course it will work! :)

I was irritated at how vague they were with when you will receive your shipment. Might be shipped Mon. or Tues. and could take 3 days to arrive. I called to see if they could tell me exactly when they were shipping it out. She looked at the computer and told me. I am only three hours away from them so mine only takes 1 day to get here. I usually get an email from UPS on the morning it goes onto the truck to be delivered.

StillTryin 07-05-2007 04:50 PM

Workit120-
This is the way I see it. I main problem is that I have a family to eat with at night. I try to do good even then, but around 7-9pm I get the "munchies" so I need to concour that battle. I do not want to spend a small fortune either because that takes away from my family budget...that is why I am thinking of stretching my meals to last 2 weeks, that way it is cheaper than the other meal replacement plans out there.
What do you think? How much have you lost again?

Amarantha2 07-05-2007 05:23 PM

Thanks for the info, Workit! I was thinking of trying DTG just for the great convenience, but don't think it would stand up to being left on my porch for even an hour, since it is usually in triple digit heat here.

workit120 07-05-2007 07:26 PM

StillTryin, I think it is worth a try. You just have to be careful about dinner. You could do well for breakfast and lunch and then eat more than you think at dinner.
I know what you are saying about the munchies at night. I used to eat most of my calories at night between dinner and dessert (I love sugar). I am much heavier than you so I eat my DTG and a couple hundred calories in dessert. As my weight goes down towards yours... I will have to give up dessert. :( I am on my third week of DTG and I lost 6lbs in the first two weeks.I weigh myself on Tue.

workit120 07-05-2007 07:55 PM

Sorry about that last post. I accidentally hit send. Anyway, I took off for the fourth of July so I don't expect to lose this week. I think you have done a great job of losing the weight that you have taken off already!!! That had to be hard.
I just switched to the 1200 cal. lunch and dinner plan because my doctor put me on a med. grade shake twice a day (gross) for health problems. They equal the calories of the DTG breakfast so I will drink one for breakfast and one later to even out my calories. If I ate all three meals and the shakes... I would take in too many calories to lose weight.
None of this is easy but you have done great so far! I know you can do it! If you don't see results... you can always cancel.
Oh, did you set it up as a every other week order? They automatically make it a weekly delivery once you order. Wasn't sure if you realized that and didn't want you to get a delivery next week.

Amarantha, the reason they pack it in dry ice is because it doesn't melt in hot temperatures. You could always call and ask them about it. I would think that they deliver all over the South. You could try a week and see what you think. :)

Amarantha2 07-06-2007 08:15 AM

Thanks, Workit! :wave: But I was crazy to even consider it. Even dry ice doesn't last long where I live if I don't take food delivery packages in right away. It'd be great if they had a pickup station here. Maybe someday.

Good luck on your program!

StillTryin 07-06-2007 09:32 AM

Amarantha-Maybe you could have them deliver it to your work, that is what I do, since our UPS guy doesnt get to our house until about 5pm, it would have to sit in his HOT truck all day! This way it is at least in the air conditioning of my office with me when it arrives.

Workit- I need to call them this morning and tell them not to send any this week then when I am ready to make it a regular thing I will call them and start it up on a every other week delivery. I kinda wish they shipped on Fridays since then you would get it like Monday..but I guess it is better than the food sittin all weekend waiting...

workit120 07-06-2007 02:07 PM

StillTryin,
Did you get your shipment today? I think they have to send it out on Mon. or Tue. because UPS doesn't run on the weekends. Mine is shipped on Mon. and it arrives on Tue. so it isn't too bad.

Amarantha,
Too bad about the DTG/heat situation. :( Maybe in the future you could find something that works for you. The convenience is very nice. It is the easiest thing I have ever tried. No weighing, measuring, grocery lists, cooking, etc. I have lost weight eating healthy in the past but having to do all of those things does add stress to the situation.

StillTryin 07-06-2007 03:12 PM

Yes it arrived today, I only got the 5 day supply so I put all of the meals into the freezer and the "sides/extra" stuff in the crisper at home, I will bring in a 5 meals to work on monday and use the breakfast every other day. So I have 2 "work weeks" worth of meals. It sure looks good, I am excited to try it monday.

Amarantha2 07-07-2007 04:46 PM

Thanks, Still Tryin', good idea about delivering it to work, but I work on the road or in my home office most of the time and don't have a regular schedule. I think that's a great idea for those who work in an AC'd place on a schedule, though. It'd be something to look forward to during the workday, getting your meals.

Workin' It, yea, I hear ye 'bout how it would help with the stress of trying to "diet" when juggling food, etc.; I think it'd be like being Oprah with a chef or somethin' get my meals already picked out and delivered. :)

Today I was browsin' the "diet" food sections of my favorite grocery and realized they have extensive selections there, more than most stores I regularly shop in. So I started to think of it as my personal Diet Home Delivery Pickup Shoppe and bought a lot of selections. I don't usually buy the "diet" food, but really need some prepackaged convenience in my life right now. So we'll see if this plan works out.

workit120 07-08-2007 12:00 PM

Amarantha,
That sounds like a great plan. As long as it is healthy, low fat, and low cal. you can do it! You have lost alot of weight already! I don't know if this would help you or not - when I first started DTG I knew that I needed more than 1200 cal. and less than 1600 cal. I Google searched "How many calories do I need a day" and there are alot of websites that tell you how many calories you need in order to lose weight. It is based on age, height, gender, and activity level. You sound like you are on the go alot. DTG cooks the food and counts the calories for us. You could get your premade diet food at the store and count the calories for yourself. Then you will have what everyone else has with these diet plans.:)

StillTryin 07-09-2007 09:15 AM

well today is going to be the tester week. I start the DTG meals today. I am excited but also a little nervous. I have to say I may end up switching to just the lunch/dinners if I do keep with it, since from what I see so far the breakfast is nothing more than what I can already do. So we shall see.
Wish me luck!!!

workit120 07-09-2007 03:44 PM

StillTryin - Good Luck!!! I'll be cheering for you!:cheer2: