Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:05 AM   #1  

Default Can I eat Nutrisystem dinners for lunch?

Hey...need your opinion. I'm finding the Nutrisystem lunches to be increasingly inadequate. I finish the soups in two bites, the "in a cup" lunches like fettucine alfredo and black bean and tortilla soup rarely cook through (I guess the "hot water" in my office just isn't hot enough), and I just can't do bars for lunch.

I know the meals are "perfectly portioned", but do you see a reason why I couldn't eat a dinner for lunch (and maybe cut out the snack). From a pure calorie perspective, I see the dinners are only slightly more than the lunches (180s vs low 200s), but I'm not sure if there are other factors to consider...
hcl777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 AM   #2  

Are you planning on then having your lunch for dinner? I don't think it matters much in what order you eat the food. I work graveyard and will probably end up eating the lunch for my technical breakfast, dinner for my lunch and breakfast for my dinner.
Harbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 11:12 AM   #3  
Finding my wings...

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/156

Height: 5'2 and a freakin' HALF!

I work graveyard too and I mix up just about everything in my NS diet... I eat what I want, when I want, and at what point I want.... as long as its on that checklist. And I've lost 30lbs. I think it's mainly just as long as you get your daily requirement of cals, and not over (or under).... and in the 24hr period... you're good.
starfishkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #4  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

The other thing to remember is that for lunch you are not supposed to ONLY have the cup of food which admittedly, is small. You are supposed to have lots of vegetables along with it, and some extra protein. I usually do a gigantic salad with lots of different vegetables (carrots, tomatoes, pepper....) and the added protein thrown in as well (tuna, chicken, cheese). and I eat that first. By the time I get to the entree I am pretty satisfied.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #5  

Great info everyone. Thanks so much!!
hcl777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:42 PM   #6  
Too fat for Implanon

S/C/G: 185/185/140

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for asking this question, I was wondering myself. Also, is it okay to add water and then microwave? I'm a college student, and microwaves are available, but *hot* water is not.
thieved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:26 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcl777 View Post
Hey...need your opinion. I'm finding the Nutrisystem lunches to be increasingly inadequate. I finish the soups in two bites, the "in a cup" lunches like fettucine alfredo and black bean and tortilla soup rarely cook through (I guess the "hot water"in my office just isn't hot enough), and I just can't do bars for lunch.

I know the meals are "perfectly portioned", but do you see a reason why I couldn't eat a dinner for lunch (and maybe cut out the snack). From a pure calorie perspective, I see the dinners are only slightly more than the lunches (180s vs low 200s), but I'm not sure if there are other factors to consider...
As long as you were only eating the specified amounts, I don't see how it could make any difference honestly. I do it regularly without meal plans... Eat breakfast for dinner, dinner for lunch, and lunch for breakfast.

Last edited by FattyFatFat; 10-01-2009 at 04:16 PM.
FattyFatFat is offline   Reply With Quote