What do I add to Nutrisystem meals?

• Hello all-- I am a long time lurker. I just recently bought a large lot of Nutrisystem items from Ebay and have been eating them for about 2 weeks. So far, I like most of the food. However, since I went through Ebay and not the company, I did not get any of the materials about what to add to meals, etc. Are you supposed to add something to every meal? I have been reading a lot of the posts here and it seems people add yogurt at breakfast and then salad or vegetables other times. Is that right? What about milk? Also, is it okay not to eat the desserts? Thanks so much!
  • The plan usually has you add:
    ~two skim dairy servings (100 calories or less for skim milk, yogurt, etc.)
    ~2 fruit servings (1 fruit or 1/2c. juice)
    ~2-3 vegetable servings (like a small salad with lunch, steamed broccoli with dinner, etc.)
    ~some of the calorie plans have you add a fat serving as well-a teaspoon of peanut butter, margerine, etc.

You need these items to fill out your plan, and to make it well balanced and healthy-it isn't on its own, because you are getting the protein/starches without the fruits/veggies/dairy...you need those.

The dessert/snack is also important-because it adds 100-150 calories to your day, keeping it at a safe calorie level for weight loss. If you do not eat the desserts/snacks because your lot doesn't have them-then add another 100-150 calories to your day, a food of your choosing. The desserts/snacks also help to keep you from cheating-because you are allowed one small serving of chocolate/chips/etc. each day-so you don't feel deprived of things like that.

If you have any other questions-please ask.
  • Thanks so much! That is extremely helpful!
  • You are welcome.