Old 10-31-2006, 12:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 276/209/160

Height: 5'5

Default Checking In:)

Hi Everybody,
Just checking in to say Hi. I think I have come down with a head cold. I havent been able to really post.
I went to a meeting on Sunday night and it was really good. I have been to online meetings and a phone meeting.
I am committed to my program. I am learning that I am worth this. And if I rely on my HP to help me the battle is won.
I just realized there is an online meeting going on.
Talk to you later, have a great day.
Denise
deebygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Denise-
It's great to hear from you. Glad you are making meetings even from home. Hope you are feeling better! You are worth this.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Denise,

I'm sorry you're sick. Good that you're getting to meetings. How have you been feeling about your program since your last post. You sounded positive.

I'm feeling better than I have in a long time.

Take care,
Charlene
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:07 AM   #4  

Thanks for asking. I am really good. I have an appointment with a nutritionist on the 10th because of my surgery, I am going to develop a realistic food plan because I need to get my protein in 6x a day, so I am going to ask her to help me develop a food plan.
In the meantime, I am staying away from trigger foods. I working on me. I am reading my literature and attending online and phone meetings everyday, and praying that my HP will lead and guide me.
I think I needed this relapse so that I can see that I am not in control. Control is one of my biggest issues. Unless I know that I know that its not me, then I will always think I got this, you know what I mean?
Anyway, I am feeling better, thanks
Denise
Old 11-01-2006, 11:59 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey Denise-
Nope, I'm not in control either. I'm completely powerless, but I'm learning to accept it and even like it on some days. It's a lot less work to turn my day and my cares over to my higher power than to try to manage and control everything unsuccessfully. My HP does a way better job.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 08:11 AM   #6  

Marny, you are absolutely right.
Yesterday, I just turned my day over to HP, and totally accepted my powerlessness and unmanageability, and guess what I ate so much less than I have in a long time. Got full faster, and focused on my recovery rather than food.
I am so greatful to OA, and to be here
Denise