Old 05-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #1  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Default An Interesting Opportunity...

(Sorry for so many posts!)

Today I was talking with an old friend of mine. (And old boyfriend actually ) He runs the summer camp that we used to work at together, and he's in a bit of a predicament. They are getting close to the start of the summer season, and still have not filled the position of Camp Nurse.

(I worked at the camp for 3 summer after high school, and that place was my life!)

We were talking about options and he turned the topic around. Since I'm in nursing school he was hoping I'd be willing to do it, I already have CPR and First Aid, so it wouldn't be any problem at all to do! And I think I want to do it!!

For several reasons, with my husband being gone for 4 weeks at a time I think that it would help me to get through the summer. And also, there is NO WAY that I would be able to eat like crazy I would be stuck to eating only at meals, because that's the only time they serve food! And I couldn't gorge myself at meals because they only serve enough for each person to have one helping. AND, with no car and lots of walking!! I was buff the summers I worked there Lots of hills to climb!

So the only problem I have to face now is convincing my husband that this is ok. And since we've been fighting lately... I'm a bit nervous about this! But they could gaurantee me home the weeks that he is *finally* home

Last edited by MtaTJac; 05-02-2006 at 10:56 PM.
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:36 AM   #2  

That sounds like I fantastic opportunity! I will be thinking about you as you make this decision.

I can tell you from my own experience that working outside the home has always kept me from binging quite as much. When I am at home all day, the opportunities to binge are endless. When I am working, those opportunites are greatly reduced. Keeping busy has always helped me to have a break from thinking so much about food also.

Good luck, whichever way you decide to go on this!
WaterWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Sounds like a great opportunity! At the same time, I can understand why your husband may have trouble letting you go off to a camp with your ex-boyfriend while he's away. He may be feeling like his family/home is a bit vulnerable and out of control.

That's a tough one. Have you talked with him about how you think your food intake will be limited by the setting?
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 11:51 AM   #4  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

The ex-boyfriend thing isn't even an issue! My husband and this guy are actually pretty good friends! In fact, we were both in this guys wedding... so I know that isn't really a problem.

The problem is that my husband thinks I need to "grow up" and distance myself from that. (However, come to think of it... when I was 14 and a volunteer there he thought I needed to distance myself from it!)

I'm hoping that the $300/week directly into savings will help convince him! Since I'm going into Nursing school, this would look AMAZING on an application!
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

It sounds like you have great reasons to do it -- go for it!

As far as "growing up" -- well, it's overrated. Anything that keeps you young in heart and spirit is a good thing.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Jac, sit down with your DH, talk about it, and DO it!! I think it's a great opportunity, and like you said, a little extra money is always nice.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote