Old 11-10-2004, 02:53 PM   #1  

Default Overeater

hey everyone, I am doing terrible. For awhile I was doing very well, i was losing weight and working out everyday and now I'm right back where I started. I gained 10 pounds, my health is getting worse, i have gallstones which I may need surgery for. I've had four gallbladder attacks so far. I know binge eating doesn't help but I just can't seem to stop eating, I've ended up in the hospital 4 times because of it. I'm suppose to be following a fat free diet, but I can't seem to stick with it. My physical health is horrible, my back and legs are killing me, i have no energy. I hate that I've done this to myself. I don't know what to do anymore. i want to stop but the part of me that loves food doesn't want to stop. I'm going to try to get back on track. I just need support from people who understand what I'm going through. If there is anyone out there that can offer some support that would be great!
suchaprettyface125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 02:54 PM   #2  
Searching

SAPF125- We will be happy to support you. Please join us in the weekly thread in the EDS section of this board.

Chris
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 08:38 PM   #3  
Taking care of me.

Hello SuchAPrettyFace125.

I love Chris' signature. It is the third step prayer from overeaters anonymous and it has helped me through many a rough spot.

Lurk around this site - it is wonderful - and see what you can find that may help you. Read the twelve steps and traditions here on this forum and see if you can identify with them. If so, check for OA meetings in your area and try them out. If they work for you GREAT. If not, there's something out there that will.

If you are having trouble sticking to your fat free diet, is there another plan out there that you and your doctor think would work for you?

My name is Marcia and I am a compulsive overeater. That statement frees me to seek help and support wherever I can find it. One of the things I got from the meetings when I used to go was this: take what you like and leave the rest. I find that it works for me in the OA meeting, here on 3FC, and anywhere else I go for support.

Hope to see you often here on the 3FC boards.
MoveMoveMove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 09:32 PM   #4  

Cool

I suffered from gallbladder attacks for ten years before I had it out so I know how miserable they can be. And I also know how hard it is to cut out the fat when you are on a binge. It's like being on a runaway railroad train which nothing can stop. For the last six months I have been on one of those trains and all the time feeling as you have described. I have tried a few times to stop but wasn't successful until a couple of weeks ago. I'm just taking it one day at a time and reminding myself how much calmer things are when I'm not binging. Posting and reading the threads have been helpful. There is great support here. You might want to start in small ways, rather than try for all or nothing. Check out calorie calculators (WebMD has one) and figure out how many calories you need to maintain your present weight, then try to go below that. Also, think about using low fat products, reduced fat mayonnaise rather than trying to go fat free all at once. Think about choosing something you really like that is not so fat laden. Maybe this will slow the train and give you space to think about stopping it all together. In the meantime, keep posting. There is always help available on these threads.
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 09:51 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi PrettyGirl125

We do understand what you are going through. Hang in there, I believe you've come to the right place for understanding and support, your on your way

Hugs, Leenie
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:40 PM   #6  

I wasn't going to recommend this book until I was sure for myself wether the messages worked. I too am tired of reading books that offer no help. But I have read exerpts from the book from Christianbooks.com on the day that I gave my weight worries completely over to God. I found this book called The Lord's Table by Mike Cleveland. I was totally ecpecting God to show me something and I stumbled on this book just before I was about to shut the computer off and go to sleep--thinking that God may not have heard me. If you can, please look on the web site for this book. Amazon gives it a 5 out of 5. Everyone who's read this book has lost lots of weight and most of all has gained a tighter relationship with God. I have ordered the book and the Lord's Table Leader guide. Both cost a little under $30. I think it's worth it-- you're worth it to God. If this doesn't work... I don't know what else to do God. SO I'm trusting that this will work for me and those who buy or borrow this book. Amen.

Check it out and let the forum know what you think!

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/lords_table/

~Mochahontas
Mochahontas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 07:38 AM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Mochahontas, I hope this book is exactly what you are looking for. I agree, I'm tired of reading books that do not help. Let us know how you make out with the book.

HUGs !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote