Non stop eating

• hey everyone.
    I know its going to be a huge venting post but I think this is the right place for it. I have vacations and I am having a very huge binge episode. I can not help it. I just feel bad about eating a lot of sugar because I that's really something that halts my weight loss. Well I am so lazy, because of cold and many other excuses adding to that, do not exercise. I just feel so cut-off from everything. I don't know what to do. I want to start conscious eating again but I feel so helpless when I see food. There's no other feeling but just the urge to eat when I see food.
  • I have a little bit of that issue with all of the chocolate and Christmas treats lying around and, last night my friendade this awesome dip and it was so hard to keep track of how much I was eating.

I don't have the same feelings as you, but it did help me to get some of that excess chocolate out of the house. I got my husband to bring it to his work and leave it for them. Even if its gifted stuff, if you need it gone I say don't be afraid to straight up pitch the sugary treats you say are the culprits. Its well intended, but if its hurting you mentally and physically get it out of your house!

If sugary juices and punches are problem, try watering it down. Most juices are so strong you can make half of it water and your taste buds don't know.

Maybe try getting yourself slow-snacks. By this I mean something that takes longer and more time to eat. You have to put more work into it, so you end up eating less overall cause it's slower. For me, some these foods are roasted chestnuts (and half the time I get one or two bad nuts I can't eat anyway, which actually kind of help me not eat so much!) These foods can also be kind of fun. You got to cut X's into the tops of them, roast them, wait for them to cool then you got to peel them, etc. Takes way more time than dips and microwave food and other things.

Pomegranates are another of my slow-foods. They can stain, so you have to pull them apart slowly and eat carefully. You got to pick out the bad seeds, etc. A time consuming food with not a lot of calories! Other fruits are prickly pears. You got to wear gloves, pull off their outsides... And if you don't like the seeds, they take even longer to get down to a juicy state!!!

I also like to snack on pickled peppers (like the ones you get with a Quiznos sub). Love the taste and the spice, but I can usually only eat two or three before my taste buds yell "done! No more spice". Then I have that spice taste in my mouth so I dont feel as motivated to snack, plus I end up drinking more water after. I've also heard people say to brush your teeth, cause then you have the mint toothpaste taste and most people don't like that messing with their palette and are less tempted to snack. I'd only use this to help curb snacking when you're not hungry though, not to stop yourself from eating when you should.

I feel for you!!! Its hard, don't feel guilty and be encouraged. You can hop back up on this horse and keep riding to goal and beyond! I don't know if anything I say is going to help tip-wise. I dont know what you've tried, what youblike or even what I'm doing. I'm still really new to this and don't even use all of these tips (like teeth brushing) as my overweightness and eating stem from other things. Please rant away so others can support you! Don't do it alone!!

Remember, you are strong
  • Those are some great tips, Thank you so much for your support!

I am trying my best and I hope I will come out much stronger

Good luck to you too for your weight-loss journey!

And ranting really helps
  • My post may sound harsh...I don't mean for it to...I am speaking from experience.

Quote: hey everyone.
    I know its going to be a huge venting post but I think this is the right place for it. I have vacations and I am having a very huge binge episode. I can not help it. Yes you can help it. You have choices. You will continue on your binge for as long as you need to-you will stop when you can.I just feel bad about eating a lot of sugar because I that's really something that halts my weight loss. Well I am so lazy, because of cold and many other excuses adding to that, do not exercise. Lazy? Stop being so mean to yourself! You are unmotivated to exercise. What can you do to motivate yourself? I just feel so cut-off from everything. I don't know what to do. You wrote on here...that is a start...you asked for help! Good for you!!I want to start conscious eating again but I feel so helpless when I see food. There's no other feeling but just the urge to eat when I see food.
    You posted in the OA section. Have you said the serenity prayer? Look at the positive things you have done today. Make a list. Make a plan. One day at a time---although sometimes it is one minute at a time for me.

One foot in front of the other. Be blessed. Cathy
  • I know exactly, what you mean, and how you feel! I've been talking with my chiropractor and she's recently brought to my attention something simple that I ultimately avoided listening to at first and now am trying harder. The topic we went over was about artificial sweetners since I was still drinking diet soda at the time. She explained to me that drinking a regular soda was a lot better for you because you basically don't have "junk" going into your body and also with some of the water enhancers that they aren't good for you as well. She advised for me to give sparkling waters a try, find the water enhancers with the sweetner stevia in it, and to just simply drink water plain.

Also, what sort of foods are you seeing? Are they foods that are completely unhealthy or just that they range from junk food to healthy?
    Something that I notice the must is that the days/days after I eat bad, I become more lazy to wanting to work out. I feel like I do better on the days I have pre-planned my meals versus not taking lunch to work, and having to go to the cafe next to work, because i tend to cheat more that way.

It is extremely hard to get back on the bandwagon when there have been reasons behind you working out, but getting over that first hurdle and making an attempt of either a brief walk, or whatever you've been doing, will breakdown the barriers. I've realized this in myself, that if I keep putting something off longer thinking i will get to it or the amount of days I don't spend working out won't add up to much, I've realized i'm only hurting my own progress after I see my body start shifting back to its old self (my way to notice i'm gaining/losing weight usually comes from my face first, so if i am getting a fuller face again, I know i've did something i wasn't meaning to.)

I'm not going to deny that making progress isn't hard, it certainly is because with the type of person I am, I want to excel in everything aka school/work, yet I've not been able to do the most important task, which is excel in "me."

findingmyway13, I wish you the best of luck on your continuing progress towards your goal!