Proud new OA member!

• Tonight will be my 5th night of attending online meetings-- in my 90 meetings and 90 days plan. I LOVE OA! I really feel like it's what I've been missing in all of my other weight loss attempts. Feeling confident!
  • Great job.
  • I'm proud to be in OA as well. :-)
  • Welcome home!
  • so happy for you!
    When I started two years ago I started with a 90 and 90. Man prepare for life to get good!

Don't leave before the miracle!
  • I am new to OA to I have one meeting a week would love to find support.
    I went to my first meeting today and I'm going to try to be abstinent from sugar.
    I want to beat his weight but I can't do diets with OA I feel I don't have to diet ever again.
  • Congratulations! I've been considering going to online meetings. What are they like? I think my fears are that I will be pressured into speaking (I'm the kind of person who needs to take a back seat and observe for a while before I feel comfortable participating) and that there will be an emphasis on faith (even though I understand that OA is not a Christian organization) and submitting to a Higher Power (this is something I have to work on, as I was raised by an atheist who had nothing but contempt for religion - that does not mean I don't have beliefs, but I don't feel comfortable with some things).

Djuna
  • New Too
    Hi all,
    I am new to this. I am in desperate need of help. I am well over 300 and I cant keep living like this. I feel hopeful that doing this might help me finally accomplish my weight goal of 180. I need help changing the voice in my head that says having one treat will be ok.
    I am hopeful. I look forward to finding support here.