Old 10-03-2013, 01:44 AM   #1  

Default I finally realize I need help.

Hi, thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.

Background: I grew up in a large family with tendencies to overeat. Food was everything. I have alternated between being 15 to 20 pounds overweight, which may not sound drastic to some, but has been a source of depression, self-isolation, and obsessive behavior all my life.

Now: I have tried so many diets and just don't have the strength to try again. I want to figure out how to deal with food in a sane way that I can sustain for the rest of my life. My depression is growing as my weight increases. I have really been down in the dumps and am so embarrassed that I can't seem to control what goes into my face. I really need help.
BrandNewKindOfMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #2  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I just want you to know your not alone. I grew up in a food based family and was always overweight as a child, after kids I was obese at 242 pounds. I have never ever had a healthy relationship with food.

. Ive tried every diet there is including starving myself. I did have success with Atkins and dropped to 150 pounds but my obsessive binge eating has made me gain back up to 180. I gain and loss the same 20 pounds or so depending on my binging. In my younger years I sought consoling for depression due to weight issues. I admit I only started Atkins because I could over eat in the beginning and still drop pounds.

I wish I had some answers for you, and myself, I understand, just want you to know. Coming here was my reaching out for help, just yesterday, and people did listen and help. Keep trying

Last edited by mainecyn; 10-07-2013 at 07:52 PM.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote