Neverending cycle that I can't control anymore

• I just joined yesterday and I am so glad to see that I'm not alone and all of the support out there. I wake up in the morning thinking this is gonna be a good day and at the end of the day I'm so disgusted with myself for binging. I have been struggling with bulimia for 26 years and I can't seem to get it under control. As soon as I think about binging i can't get the thought out of my head till I do binge. It's like I'm in a trance and need my next fix. I am starting to lose hope. I can't continue living like this. Sometimes I feel like I'm crazy because I can't control my eating.

Any tips on what u do please let me in on it
  • I can relate with the trance like state. Very much. Like a fog comes over me and I'm not thinking really.

I think the idea is to figure out triggers and avoid them at all costs, until you get so strong and sure of yourself that you can start to ween yourself back into a 'normal' life again

Good luck, we're all here for ya <3
  • Hi Salgal,

I can relate very much - the trance like state is like a fog and as Dandelion says there is a need to figure out the triggers - this takes some time and won't stop the cycle immediately 'cos there's something inside you saying that once a long time ago bingeing made me fell better and it will work again this time - it's kind of an old record that needs changing I had an incident yesterday - I've been great for a few days - feeling good and exercising to cut down the stress which was and is a huge trigger for me - then at 8 pm I got this terrible urge to binge - luckily I averted it by keeping delaying it and by doing that I got an insight into the trigger being tiredness - so had some low cal hot chocolate and went off to bed-

all good wishes , from what I have read and from my own experience this isn't like abstention from alcohol or other substances that we don't need to survive it's quite a long process - keep walking the path , it works if you work it x
  • welcome

i too can relate. I thought id share whats working for me cuz ive thankfully been binge free for one month. I have given up all refined sugar and flour and fill my diet with unlimited quantities(to satisfaction) of lean proteins, fibrous carbs and fruits and veggies and its working for me. The other thing has helped me is having other things to occupy my mind. Do you have a hobby? That has helped me as well cuz it keeps my mind off food.
  • I just started this week but what is working for me is 3-0-1. 3 meals a day, no snacks between, one day at a time. Snacking is the start of binging and obsessing about food to me, so I am abstaining. Thanks for letting me share.
  • Thanks everyone. Those are all good points and suggestions. I can use all the help I can get. Good luck to all of you on your journey