3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Overeaters Anonymous (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/overeaters-anonymous-61/)
-   -   help planning out meal schedule (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/overeaters-anonymous/208008-help-planning-out-meal-schedule.html)

chickybird 07-24-2010 01:16 AM

help planning out meal schedule

I've recently started going to OA, but I'm having a hard time figuring out normal amounts of calories per meals/snacks. I'm used to overeating (duh).
According to online calorie calculator, it says for fat loss I should be eating 1896 calories a day, which seems a but high. Extreme fat loss should be about 1600 a day. I'm thinking of roughly averaging the two numbers and going with 1700. Thoughts on this are appreciated.
If I go with this number, how do I divy that up into breakfast/lunch/dinner/2 snacks? I think I'll need a midafternoon snack since I like to work out after school (I'm a teacher) and I know I'll want a snack at night.
I know this sounds silly, but I'm only starting to realize I do have a problem, and I do need help.
In case any of you want to know, so you can plug my stats into your own calculator to tweak my daily calories, I am 6 feet tall, 195 pounds, 29 years old, and I do cardio/weights 3x a week. Plus I chase after 4 year olds everyday;)
This is really hard for me to ask for help. I'm so used to being in charge of everything and admitting I have a problem overeating is empowering and terrifying at the same time.
Thanks guys.

chickybird 07-24-2010 01:48 AM

I just thought I'd add that while I didn't specify specific meal ideas, that would be welcome too. I'm getting a bit tired of salads/wraps/soups. I can't have any kind of artificial sweetener though, not even stevia or truvia (even though I know they are naturally derived) because I am really allergic to them. and I'm very blessed that DH will eat whatever I put in front of him.
Thank you chickies! I'm so blessed to have this forum!

jenlag 07-24-2010 02:22 AM

While I don't have specific meal ideas right at this moment, I would say divy it up into (3) 300 calories meals and (2) 400 calorie meals. You will be eating all day long, but the difference is now you are eating the right foods. Shaun T's meal plan from the Insanity workout system has all 300 calorie meals within it with 100 calorie boosters.

chickybird 07-24-2010 11:46 AM

Thank you--any help is appreciated!

TexasHope 07-26-2010 12:55 AM

I can't help you with caloric suggestions. My meal plan, right now, is the 3-0-1 (Three meals a day, nothing in between, one day at at time). Anything else, right now, feels too much like a diet to me. I know/hope as my recovery progresses, I will have a better time at figuring out a better meal plan for myself.

chickybird 07-26-2010 08:37 PM

I wish you lots of success, TexasHope! Right now, I'm doing OA, not HOW. I really like being able to have a snack in mid-afternoon before I hit the gym.
Right now my struggle is knowing when I'm only craving something vs. actually being hungry, lol!

TexasHope 08-04-2010 11:20 PM

That is always my struggle! I think I'm rarely "hungry". Heck, I don't allow myself to get hungry before I'm eating something. I don't remember the last time my stomach growled. Which might be a good thing on one hand since if I wait until I'm really hungry, I make poor choices.

Hope your doing well today!

chickybird 08-06-2010 10:12 AM

TexasHope, I'm trying to ask myself before I eat if I'm actually hungry or not. Most times, it helps. I'm still tempted though!