3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Overeaters Anonymous (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/overeaters-anonymous-61/)
-   -   4th Step (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/overeaters-anonymous/206529-4th-step.html)

TexasHope 07-07-2010 11:54 AM

4th Step

Well, it's that time. I'm starting my 4th step today. I'm terrified and excited at the same time! This should prove to be interesting. :dizzy:

SarahinBalance 07-07-2010 12:31 PM

I've been reading Geneen Roth and her buzz word is being curious with oneself (not judging). Good luck & thanks for the encouragement.

TexasHope 07-07-2010 02:08 PM

I just really nervous about eventually sharing my "stuff" with another person. I really like my sponsor and don't want to lose her respect. FEAR is what it is all about!

SarahinBalance 07-07-2010 03:34 PM

So went to my first meeting and almost immediately teared up when I walked into the room - then when it was my time to speak I said about 6 sentences and couldn't stop crying - when it was over and we said the serenity prayer again couldn't stop crying - was just anxious to get out of there so I could cry quietly in my car - REALLY surprised that it stirred so much up for me. I plan on going back.

SarahinBalance 07-07-2010 03:35 PM

PS I was thinking about HALT today and, for myself, wanted to add an S to the end for scared - I eat when I'm scared too (are being scared and fear the same thing?)

TexasHope 07-07-2010 10:23 PM

I cried the first three meetings I went to. (I hate that, but I KNOW that means I'm in the right place.) It is stirring up TRUTH for us. And definitely fear (being scared). Fear of facing the truth about our compulsive overeating.

At least that is my experience. I do hope you keep going back. I finally went yesterday and didn't cry. I teared up a little when another person was speaking, but no bawling this time. :)

Oh and by the way, you never "have" to speak in a meeting. It is completely optional.

dolliemac 07-08-2010 12:46 PM

Very impressive. I am still hanging on to the third step scared to go on to the fourth. You are doing great.

dolliemac 07-11-2010 08:47 PM

I came here today to read this thread even though I already knew what it said. TexasHope's determination gives me the courage to finish my third step today. Together, we can do, what we could not do alone.

TexasHope 07-11-2010 11:43 PM

Yay Dolliemac :)

Jen415 07-12-2010 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasHope (Post 3375207)
I just really nervous about eventually sharing my "stuff" with another person. I really like my sponsor and don't want to lose her respect. FEAR is what it is all about!

You know you don't have to share it with your sponsor. It can be another member, a clergyperson, a counselor, etc., if that will make you more comfortable.

BTW, I am on my fourth step too....

TexasHope 07-12-2010 08:44 PM

I never thought about that!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen415 (Post 3382009)
You know you don't have to share it with your sponsor. It can be another member, a clergyperson, a counselor, etc., if that will make you more comfortable.

BTW, I am on my fourth step too....

dolliemac 07-23-2010 02:00 AM

4th Step

I am giving myself credit for working my fourth step. I have not begun my inventory but am very close. Today has been a good day full of babies, nieces, my daughter, family and love.

TexasHope 07-26-2010 02:02 PM

I thought the 4th step was bad, but now it's time for the 5th step. ACCCKKK!

dolliemac 07-27-2010 03:27 PM

inventory

Go Texas Hope! I actually started writing things down for my inventory last night. Caught a meeting here on the eleventh step last night. Control was the first thing that went down on the paper. NOT a surprise! Going to dance the night away in Park City tonight.

TexasHope 07-27-2010 08:53 PM

My daughter's in-laws live in Park City. Have fun dancing! I wish I was there. I need a night out like that!