Old 05-24-2009, 12:32 PM   #1  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Default 3 weeks into oa

I am new to oa and am a little scared. I am working on step 4 and it scares me to come face to face with my limitations. I just an not quite sure how to do it. Please some advice.
angelmomma210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:38 AM   #2  

Welcome.

You don't say if you have a sponsor. If you do let her guide you if you don't I would suggest you find a sponsor before you go any farther in the program. For me I tried to work this program alone, then with God and me and it just doesn't work till you let others into your life. It's hard to let others in and it's hard to "feel" now that the food is out of the way so we need help with it.

Are you attending OA meetings? If so ask someone to be your sponsor and they can help you, for me that was and is the best rode to follow.

Together we can do what we couldn't do alone.

hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:31 PM   #3  
Hunger-not an emergency!

S/C/G: [url=http://www.3fatchicks.com

Just got a sponsor...I do plan on asking her for a face to face at our convenience.
I have been attending 3 oa meetings a week. Still trying to under stand it all as there is so much to think about.
I do have the workbook and am starting to write. I am using the book and writing in a journal so that I can redo the workbook as needed. Thanks for the uplift....I guess that I just needed it.
angelmomma210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 04:32 PM   #4  

Your doing great! This isn't a quick fix program but a 12 step program one step at a time. Keep going to the meetings and listening and slowly things will sink in and work with your sponsor that is a must for me. Left on my own my insane thinking comes back real quick.

Glad you are here,
hugs
patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote