Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 62

Height: 158

Default Chocolate addicts!

Are there any recovering chocolate addicts here who can help me get out of this rut? I lost almost 10lb and then the abstinence came and i now eat chocolate every day, at the same time.. It's an obsession! Its so embarrasing... even tho im completely full i still eat chocolate.. Have u replaced it with something? And how long does it take for the cravings go away?
Caramiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/142/125

Height: 5'3

Oh yah I'm a chocolate addict!! I cant help it either.
I have at least 3 Hershey kisses a day! I would eat more but I've been trying to not eat so much of it. It's very hard that is one of my worst weaknesses!!
I dont think it's bad for you if you eat it in moderation and not a lot of it..
If you come up with something that takes the urge away let me know..
butterflywings34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/see ticker/130

Height: 5'5

This week will be tricky with the Valentine's Day chocolates and all the ads for chocolate. I think it depends on what works for you, but personally, if I am craving something then I might eat a bunch of other things to try not to eat the one thing I'm craving. Then I eat what I'm craving. If I just skipped the nonsense and ate what I was craving in the first place, it'd save me calories.

Maybe try some dark chocolate with antioxidants and allow yourself only one or two squares a day? Or try chocolate milk?
KitgetsFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

If you're able to just eat in moderation, as butterfly wings does, i think that's healthy.
for me, who tends to eat too much, i've had better success just getting rid of all sugary foods, incl. chocolate.

For now. not forever. when i'm in a healthier place in my life, i'll definitely add it back in.

but for now it's best if i don't even have the cravings and the only thing that works for me in that regard is to completely avoid sugary junk food and/or candy---my biggest vices.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/275/140

Height: 5'4

Oh man i am too.. ihave to avoid it all together, i swear its my crack. i taste one bite.. thats it. its all over from there... the damage has been done.. i have, in the past, when i was thinner, been able to control myself. but it is such a vice for me, one taste, thats all it takes.

im hoping that eventually i'll be able to add it back into my life. but for now, im with Kaebea, i have to abstain all together
Nayex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:21 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201.8/155.2/158

Height: 5 7

I am a Choco-holic, what I do is every night wheither I want it or not I have a Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bar, I find that it keeps the craveings away, and at certain times of the month I add in a Jello sugar free dark chocolate pudding. I have learned over the years I need to by single serving Items I am what you call a pint eater if you give me a pint of Ice Cream I will eat a pint of Ice Cream I have no self control. Hope this helps
cdawnfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:32 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 62

Height: 158

Im not a single serving girl And we dont buy candy anymore but still i tend to find some way to get my chocolate. Every addict does get their drugs somehow! lol.. I guess ill have to keep trying and cut it out completely for a while, ive done it b4 but after that 2week mark something clicks! Argh...

i did buy chocolate with 80% cocoa, its supposed to be good for you but it tastes like crap, and even tho it tasted like crap i ate the whole thing!! LOL.. Must be crazy! hahaha
Caramiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/172/155

Height: 5'6"

i think what helped for me was adding in as much fruit as a wanted to eat.
not boring fruit like apples, although i do like apples,
but fun stuff like strawberries, frozen berries (no sugar added), pinapple, clementine tangerines.
I think it 're-calibrates" your taste buds to crave wholesome sugars, instead of refined.
kaebea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:36 PM   #9  
T&A's Mommy

S/C/G: 253/253/180

Height: 5'5"

OMG!!! I too am a chocoholic!!! To the point it is embarassing But I still love them!!! Lately I have been good with not eating any chocolate, but it is a difficult habit to break!!!
Let me know what works!!!
Jushave2try is offline   Reply With Quote