Old 12-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/226/150

Height: 5'9

Default Hi OAers!

Hi everyone,

I am sooooo very glad to have found this forum. I am a compulsive eater and have been doing some research on OA meetings. I am currently a weight watchers member who hasn't lost a thing in 2 months due to my overeating. My husband was also a member and going with me up until today when he stated he didn't want to go to the meetings anymore. I need something more. It is not about the food. I am currently in therapy and really need some other support with this as it feels like I am drowning in this problem. I'm not sure if OA is the place for me, but I am going to give it a try. Thanks to everyone who has already posted on this board with lots of valuable information.
ojoyousone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5'7

hi lady!
i am currently drowning in a big miserable pool of "i-dont-know-what" but i do know I gotta get out of it, sometimes it feels like a life&death situation i get so miserable. I mean I wouldn't ever "do anything" but thats just expressing how horrible I feel. Its lots of emotions that spill over me, and Im sure therapy would be beneficial, but Im also going to try OA. I went once but was a bit frightened. However this time I am going to put forth dedication. So Im just leting you know I am just as scared, but at least we are trying something different and that means we CAN DO IT. Let me know if you ever need to chat, it could help me out too!
EasterBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:23 AM   #3  

Hi! I'm also a member of Weight Watchers, and I've gained the past few weeks...before that I wasn't losing at all. I've recently quit smoking and I'm hoping that the gain is only due to that.

Anyway, I recommend checking out an OA meeting. It can't hurt and it just might help. We recommend that you attend 6 meetings before deciding whether or not OA is for you. I've found the support and accountability that I've been needing.

Feel free to PM me if you need to talk.

Amanda
nicolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasterBunny View Post
hi lady!
i am currently drowning in a big miserable pool of "i-dont-know-what"
Hi EasterBunny -

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one in the pool! My binging has been completely out of control the past few months. I found this site purely by accident, but after reading the posts and checking out the OA and FAA sites I realize that I am a textbook food addict. What makes it even worse is that my body can't properly digest carbohydrates...anything more than about 30 grams of carbs makes me sick...so every time I binge I'm essentially poisoning myself. I think I'm starting to understand what a drug addict goes through. It's bad for me. I KNOW it's bad for me, but I want it anyway.

It used to be that I could control my binges by bribing myself with something else. "Don't binge this week and you get ____" fill in the blank. Lately the bribes don't work any more so I'm REALLY glad I found this site because I'm losing control.
Northgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 190/160/130

Height: 5'7

im starting to think its poisoning my body too, yknow im sure its not good for anybody, but the way ive tortured my body for the past 10 years it wouldnt be hard to believe i screwed up something lol. But ya I think its all about really taking the time to stop and think before making that decision. I have to think beforehand how its going to make me feel, and think about all the times before that it has made my day miserable, and I make my family miserable cause im miserable. The other day i had an emotional breakdown and i feel bad cause i brought my mom down with me, while we are on a vacation! how could i do that to my mother? i really need to incorporate some meditation into my day, i think that may be a big step forward for me.
EasterBunny is offline   Reply With Quote