Old 08-18-2009, 04:17 PM   #16  

Hi this is Tasha and Im new to this site, but need help! I am an over eaters, mother of 3, and in the last 2 years have ballooned to my biggest size EVER, 207 lbs 5'0, YEAH, I know right, and if I don't get in control, and stop eating to cover emotion, Im gone be a fatty when I turn 30 and I want to be FABULOUS when I turn 30. I have never been a really fat girl before, and this is just killing my self esteem, I try pretending it's not an issue, even fake diet, lost 13 lbs doing that, but Im strugglin! it's crazy
Tasha2627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #17  

Thank you for such a helpful and motivating post. (:
Procrastinating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #18  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Great post! I suffer from this as well - binge eating. Its made me think a bit about maybe not being as strict with what I am eating. It really sucks to feel guilty about eating something that is considered bad food. And if you do eat something you didn't want to, don't take that as a pass to eat like a maniac right after. That's my problem.

If I really want a bag of chips, I need to ask myself why - and if I just want it, I will get a small bag instead of a big one. I often come home and eat in my room so my skinny roommate doesn't see. I'm not allowed to do that anymore, I have to eat in the kitchen or elsewhere.

One of the things that I have cut out of my life though (well I'm on day three now) is no diet pop. I used to drink coke zero a lot and the odd time, a real pop. I find that it makes me crave other things like chips and stuff - I associate that kind of food with it. I had a headache the past few days but I am doing better now. Plus it's just not good for you. I might get to the point where I might have one here and there but it will be awhile.

I have blabbed on for a long time. I write this as a way to cleanse myself but also share my feelings with someone that might get something out of it too. I do know this, I do not want to see food as the enemy and restrict myself for the rest of my life. For now, focus on changing my habits and exercise daily. And if I do have something that isn't considered healthy, well then don't use it as an excuse to hit the nearest 7-11 and go all crazy!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

Great post, thank you so much for posting.
Nevaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 300/280/175

Height: 5'11"

thanks for all the advice! It really hit home!
IAmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 235/235/140

I just started (again) last wednesday and it was like I was reading myself, esp about the part where you think well ive eaten one 'bad' food, stuff it, feeling guilty and binging....
thankyou for choosing to share
R05IE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:06 PM   #22  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up Thank you for this post

I am an overeater and struggle daily with this addiction so thank you for sharing your insights everyone. It's great to hear how others overcome the same battles I have.
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:11 PM   #23  

Sometimes I'm like a 3 year old. I want what I want when I want it. "Self will run riot." That's when I really need to trust in something outside myself. OA helps.

I start each day reading an OA meditation. It reminds me I am a compulsive overeater, no matter how long I've been abstinent. I write my food plan and commit to it "just for today." Are there any situations coming up that may be tricky to handle? Have a Plan B handy.

Later if I start really wanting something else (or "need" just a little more,) I know it can just be my compulsion. Not that the food is Bad. But I have enough good food on my plan for today. Why not put it off for one day? Will it seem like such a good idea when I have a calm head tomorrow?

It helps to talk with another OAer, or write here, for a reality check. Thanks for everyone's sharing.
cady101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:15 PM   #24  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by cady101 View Post
Sometimes I'm like a 3 year old. I want what I want when I want it. "Self will run riot." That's when I really need to trust in something outside myself. OA helps.

I start each day reading an OA meditation. It reminds me I am a compulsive overeater, no matter how long I've been abstinent. I write my food plan and commit to it "just for today." Are there any situations coming up that may be tricky to handle? Have a Plan B handy.

Later if I start really wanting something else (or "need" just a little more,) I know it can just be my compulsion. Not that the food is Bad. But I have enough good food on my plan for today. Why not put it off for one day? Will it seem like such a good idea when I have a calm head tomorrow?

It helps to talk with another OAer, or write here, for a reality check. Thanks for everyone's sharing.
Thats such an awesome way to see it, taking it one day at a time, i'm going to do the same. i also write a food journal and really helps to see the days where i've binged and lost control. Thanks for your message!

Thanks everyone for your messages in this thread, really helps to realise i'm not the only one that feels like this.

i'm new to the realisation that i am an overeater/binge eater.

most days i'm on plan, and eat within my calories. but then somedays and moments, when i get hungry, i just end up eating everything in sight, even standing up and eating , cannot even wait to sit down or warm up the food. and then i think, oh i just blew it, oh well let me just eat EVERYTHING now. then i feel guilty and the vicious cycle continues. Kelly is sooooooo right, how we suffer from doing the PERFECT diet. and i realise i do that. its either PERFECT or a complete blow out.

but today i'm going to wipe the slate clean and take it one meal at a time and one day a time, and really try to eat every 3/4 hours, because if i leave it too long between meals , i get really hungry then i lose control. and prepare my meals before i get really hungry.

i've been up and down the same few pounds for 2 months and its really frustrating me, and its all because i'm "good" most of the week, but then have big binge days a couple days a week, which blows all my hard work of exercising and eating within my calories majority of the time. I love how Kelly said, that "so what if you've eaten a slice of cake, its not 4000 calories" i'm definately gonna keep that in mind, the next time, i eat something over my calories and then not lose control and end up eating 3000/4000 calories for the day. thanks Kelly!

---

A big thank you to the original poster (kelly), you gave really good advice, thank you so much for sharing!! and you wrote everything how i feel. Thanks! feels good that i am not alone in this struggle.

i'm completely new to this side of the forum. so just wanted to say hello!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #25  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

ps Kelly you look fabulous in your avator picture! you've come so far! very impressive
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:50 AM   #26  
Lil Miss Pleasantly Plump

S/C/G: 192/171/150

Height: 5'4"

This was an amazing post. Thank you for sharing.
brewcitylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 199/199/145

Height: 5'4"

Thank you so much for sharing. You really said so much that I feel about myself. And you are successful - what an inspiration.
sweetpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:07 PM   #28  
Eat Less, Move More

S/C/G: 367/367/300

Height: 5'1

This post really hit close to home for me. Thanks sooo much for sharing this. By the way, your progress is amazing. Wish you nothing but the best.
neenaj30 is offline   Reply With Quote