Overeaters anonymous anyone?

• Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had ever been to an Overeaters anonymous meeting? There are some in my area but I'm scared to go.

If anyone has been, can you please let me know what it's all about?

Much thanks!

-Liz
  • Hi!! to 3FC neighbor to my east!! We actually have a forum devoted to OA, and I moved your post in here. If you click on the Chicks in Control forum, at the very top, you'll notice the OA forum.

Oh, sorry. I haven't been, but there are a few regulars here that will fill you in
  • Oh, Thank you so much!

Didn't see this one..so many forums..so many posts! aaaah overwhelmed!
  • Hey there-
    Yep, there's lots of good info here about meetings-- especially first timers. Peruse the posts, and let us know how we can help you out.
  • Hi, and welcome.

Yes, I have years ago and now I've been waiting for it to get light enough late enough at night so I can go again as the closest to me is an hour away.
    So maybe this next Monday night.

If you have several around where you are I'd go to them all till ya find the right one to fit you and give them more than one try, sometimes it takes several tries.

This is a wonderful oa forum too, lots of helpful recovering people here that are willing to share their experience, strength, and hope.

Keep coming back!
    patd