Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Laura,
The best way to work your OA program is to use the tools of recovery. Abstinence, getting a Sponsor using a daily food plan, meetings, calling and so on.
Also OA is more than not bingeing or overeating it is working the 12 Steps and using the literature.
Good luck in your recovery.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 06:55 PM   #17  
Amy

S/C/G: 328/see ticker/170

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Laura,
I don't attend a lot of face to face OA meetings. I belong to an OA email loop on Yahoo groups. I find that helpful. I read the literature (go to OA.org to go to the bookstore). Anyways, on the loop today, they were discussing telephone meetings. One person calls the meeting while she's at work, hits the mute button and just listens. She loves it. Again go to the main OA.org site. There are lots of on-line meetings also. And some people actually go to AA meetings instead of OA if there aren't OA meetings around.
Just some ideas for you. I know it stinks to feel worse coming out of a meeting.
Amy
oreokitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 151/151/139

Height: 5*7

i just began cea adn i love it, its really strict but if you want strict go for it!
nyk161616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM   #19  

I practice 2 programs. I go to overeaters anonymous meetings for support and friendship. I follow the food addicts anonymous food program and have lost 125 pounds. There is a great book called "Food addiction-the body knows by Kay Sheppard. It saved my life and I have kept my weight off for one year now.
blackcat99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #20  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk161616 View Post
i just began cea adn i love it, its really strict but if you want strict go for it!
What kind of place is cea adn I like strict, more information please
snowicedeb is offline   Reply With Quote