Old 12-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #1  
Starting Over (again)

S/C/G: 229/183/145

Height: 5'8"

Default Fell off the wagon, need some holiday tips!

Hi everybody. I have completely, 100% fallen off the wagon. Since Thanksgiving I have binged basically every day, every day telling myself and praying to my HP for the strength to get through without overeating, and failing. I have been avoiding my meetings, even though I know that it would be a lot easier to get back on track if I went. I have avoided coming here, because I hate to admit defeat, but here I am. I am imperfect, and I need help. I am tempted to just say forget it until after the holidays, but I can't do that. I hate feeling this way, and not being able to figure out why I am COE. I need help, assistance, tips, anything any one can bring to the table right now! I am going to a meeting tomorrow, but I am really praying for the strength to make it through today. If anyone has any little suggestions, or comments, or anything that can help me right now, I would really appreciate it.
shelliebellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:41 PM   #2  
Simply Filling Technique

Lightbulb I am a recovering COE

Return to your meetings if that will help. As you know the 12 Step encourages a meeting every day until you are back on track. There are also online meetings that you can participate in.

Take this one meal at a time and one day at a time. Who knows what the future will bring but rather than add stress to your life by worrying about what hasn't happened yet, you can deal with the next 24 hours. That is all the program asks.

Be willing to do whatever it takes. What were you doing before this happened? Do you have a sponsor? Retrace your steps to a more sane and peaceful time with your COE and replicate what you were doing then that worked for you.

Forgive yourself and love yourself unconditionally. You can do it!
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #3  

Default Forgive yourself

It's okay. Forgive yourself and move on, one day at a time. I'm really new to the recovery program and only have 7 days of abstinence under my belt, but you have to start somewhere. I might add more time talking with your HP/prayer.
clover1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Pam said it all. Do what worked before.

Read step one, call your sponsor, get to a meeting, do this one day at a time.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:02 AM   #5  

Everyone has said it so I won't repeat it.

You can do this!

gentleand prayers.

Keep posting!

patd
patd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:26 AM   #6  
Starting Over (again)

S/C/G: 229/183/145

Height: 5'8"

Day 1 has passed, with no issues! I know that I can do it again, thanks everyone for the kind words. My weekly meeting is today, and I know that that will give me the motivation to make it through the week.
shelliebellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:09 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 166/166/130

Height: 5ft1inch

Default well done Shellie

Hey Shellie.
Well done for making it through the first difficult day back. Your honesty will help you heal, look how well you did today probably because you shared so honestly.

After my relapse (37 days back now), I was very gentle with myself at first – did not put myself under too much stress as it was all I could do to focus on my abstinence one hour at a time.

I reached out a lot too, sought help from my OA friends and my AA sponsor. I can’t do this on my own.

Keep the chin up and well done again!
searsha is offline   Reply With Quote