Old 09-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Off to the Nutritionist

Well, here I grow, listening to my Sponsor again. I have my appointment with a Nutritionist in about 1/2 hour. I am looking forward to it as she works with OA people and understands us.
I sent her my history and she still let me keep the appointment so that's good...
I hope I do not become oppositional with her recommendations and I hope it is just not another food plan. Everyone tells me she tailors it just for my needs.
Letting go and letting God.
I will let you know how it turns out.
Have any of you seen a Nutritionist and if so what was it like for you?
Hugs, Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

I went to one before OA and it was very helpful. She didn't give me a very structured plan, but did give me ideas about balancing complex carbs and protein and eating every 2-3 hours to maintain a steady blood sugar level and maximize metabolism.

I am using a lot of the tips and snack/meal ideas that she gave me now.

Good luck! I'm sure it'll be helpful.

-Ann
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 10:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

The Nutritionist was incredible. Very smart and a great teacher. We worked out the number of proteins, carbs and fats I should eat to maintain the lean mass and as I do that the extra stuff just goes away. She uses primarily the exchange program and I am familiar with that. My plan is to put together a weekly plan, to help with grocercy shopping and re-evaluate it each evening for the next day to see if I want to make any changes.
Feeling good, abstinent and I have my weekly meeting tonight. What more could you ask for.
Bumps
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote