Old 08-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Default Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired

O.K. so here I am rockin and rollin along with my program. I am now for the first week work on a daily written food plan. BLD and snacks all accounted for. I start my excercise program, yoga, walking, Bow Flex. It is only Tuesday, 2 days on a committed food plan and I am hungry, sore, tired and cranky.
Very opositional and thank the Lord my weekly meeting is tomorrow.
I know I am blowing off steam and today I just wish I didn't have this disease, I wish I didn't have to think about it worry about it, bother about it.
So...there!
Bumps in the road again
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/212/140

(((HUGS))) to you Bumps. It really does suck sometimes, and I'm sorry you're feeling the way you do. I know the meeting will help you feel better. I know you'll get through this tough day and will be feeling better tomorrow.

On the exercise front, maybe you're trying to do too much at once? Can you ease into it a bit more slowly? Also, since you're burning more calories, maybe you need to increase your food intake a bit. Even adding an extra ounce of protein to what you're already eating at your meals might help.

Check in with us again tomorrow and let us know how you are.
Ann72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

LOL, Bumps.

All I can say is "hang in there"...you will have support tomorrow--as much as you need, as much as you will accept..........good for you for making the commitment.

I had an MRI today.......different disease, though I am definitely an overeater........all I could think of as I lay there was how much worse that people with cancer have it..or Parkinson's, or ALS.......or a host of others.

It could be worse!

Hang in there.

Mary
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163.5/142/120

Height: 5' 1"

Bumps, I so relate to that feeling!

I always feel better after a meeting or talking to someone in OA. Even those times that I didn't want to make it to the meeting or make the connection. I'm ALWAYS glad I did.

I would often have guilt for sick and tired all the time because like Maryblu says some have it so much worse than I ever will.

But our feelings are what they are. We honor them by feeling them, expressing them, redirecting them with action (OA tools) and usually they dissipate.

This is one of the things that I have learned in program thus far as it used to be that a very bad emotional day could send me into a series of bad days or months.

"This too shall pass"... it always does
charlenej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/137/137

Height: 5'7"

Bumps,
It is hard to develop these new patterns of behavior. Remember H.A.L.T. Don't let yourself get to Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired. I saw a nutritionist to get a food plan that was tailored for my age, weight and exercise routine. This way when I felt hungry I knew it was my emotions, not truely needed more food. Program gives us tools to deal with our emotions. Today I know i was tired and I had thoughts that were trying to tempt me, but identifying me as tired reminded me the importance of self care. Many of us overeaters tend to take care of everyone but ourselves. I sat down and read before tackling my evening events.
Hang in there!
Krisana
Krisana H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

Hey there-

I agree with Ann. You probably need to add a bit to your food plan. And, a gradual entry into the world of exercise will do you more good than jumping in like you're making up for lost time. It's not a race-- it's a new process. It takes time.

Some days just suck. Like Charlene, I also remember calling my sponsor and saying, "I'm doing everything that I'm supposed to, so why do I feel like crap?" The answer is that life doesn't get easy just because I'm in program. Somethings still hurt. The difference is that I don't have to eat over them now. I just feel them and know that the feelings will pass. I also have lots of tools-- usually I call an OA friend and feel a lot better.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:43 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 252.2/220/200 1st goal

Height: 5'4"

Thank you everyone, what a difference a day makes. I had a wonderful meeting and my online co-sponsor is just terrific (my sponsor is on vacation this week). Anyway, the meeting focus tonight was Acceptance from the Big Book. We read the entire chapter and it was humerous and I related with the Doctor all the way. So much energy put into finding comfort.
So I am back on track, feeling very good, thanks again for all your words of caring and concern.Yes, I agree it could be worse and I need to focus on being more grateful and what is the answer, not, what is the problem.
So glad you are all here.
Bumps...better now.
Magic Flute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:33 PM   #8  

Smile New Here

Hi, I'm new here and I'm feeling tired today and want to eat the world! I looked up sick and tired and OA and found you. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I've been sick and tired all week. I haven't been able to work out. To dizzy to stand on the treadmill and other devices. Gee! I need to go to bed. I have a meeting in a couple of hours then I will definitely hit the hay. I guess I really discovered my main weakness, SICK & TIRED! Why does being tired make me want to blow my whole plan.?

Maybe tomorrow i will feel better.

I feel better just talking about it. My HP works in mysterious ways!!!!! I'm glad I found you even though this thread is really old!!! I was just handed a flyer $3.00 Domino's pizzas in the parking lot.

Magic Flute, I'm glad it's a new day for you!!!
pkdw2010 is offline   Reply With Quote