Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 04:58 PM   #1  

Exclamation Going to be starting my diet.

Hi all I am new here and I am about to start yet another diet. I have been battling my weight for years now. I was at a point, once, where I felt good about myself. But I have gained the weight back and then some. I have been online for hours now researching diet plans and low cal, low fat meals. I just ate a whole can of peaches for lunch and I have a pepsi beside me. Doesn't sound like I am off to a good start lol.
Old 11-27-2001, 07:58 PM   #2  

Hi. I found the best way for me to start was to try eating three meals a day with nothing in between. I had to come up with a lot of creative ways to stay busy until time to eat again, but it worked and I learned how to eat healthier, more fullfilling meals so I was not so hungry all of the time. It was amazing how much time I have now that I don't spend all my hours thinking of food. Please concentrate on your higher power, your health and your happiness. It will all unfold for you. It will end up not being about your weight, but your well being in life. Stay strong in your heart and you will be fine!
Old 12-12-2001, 06:47 PM   #3  

Hi Baylee,

I tried all of the things one would think of, reading, watching TV, talking on phone, but they were shortlived. I had to do more extreme things like paint my nails, you really don't want to reach into a bag of chips with wet polish! I polished twice a day sometimes! I also would go take a bath. I found that after 10-15 minutes, the food focus would shift to other matters. I cleaned feverishly, and organized myself like there was no tomorrow. Anything for distraction.

Some people kind of laughed at these somewhat crazy ideas to keep from eating, but I kept focused on all of the really crazy things I did while overeating, going to different stores so clerks wouldn't know you just bought junk food the day before, eating take out food in the car while driving the 'meal' home to eat for dinner...I could go on, but I think you get the picture.

Are you attending meetings in your area? Good luck and keep coming back!
Old 12-12-2001, 09:58 PM   #4  

Unhappy I really need support.

I have been trying to lose weight yet again all year without any consistant results. I am feeling really bad about it and going towards hopeless. I just can't seem to stay motivated. I would love to correspond with some one on a regular basis. I have 100+ pounds to loose so i am in it for the long haul. My e-mail is: [email protected] if anyone is interested. Thanks... Charlotte.
Old 12-12-2001, 11:41 PM   #5  

Did you go to an OA meeting or are you thinking about it?
Old 12-13-2001, 09:50 PM   #6  

Angry

Hi Baylee( I like your name). No, I haven't gone to a meeting yet- I have been thinking about it though. I will have to investigate the locations in my area this week. I am sure that i fit the criteria- although i suspect that they aren't too strict about who attends and probably fit a wide range of descriptions. I stress eat and am totally addicted to sweets. Where do you live? I am from New Jersey. Thanks for writing! I hope to hear from you again. Charlotte.
Old 04-13-2002, 07:04 PM   #7  

Angry hi-i'm new in here

hi, i am new to all this and i am just looking for some support. i lost 40lbs and one point in my life and promised i would never gain it back again. well, you guessed it. i did. i am so depressed and i am just looking for a buddy and some support. i would like to lose at least 60lbs. if anyone has any advice you can contact me at my email too. it is [email protected] thanks for listening.
Old 04-16-2002, 07:26 AM   #8  

I am happy to see this forum up and running again. We tried earlier this year without much success.

I just started WW about a week ago and have my first weighin tonight. I am also an overeater.

My problem with meetings is that one is 50 miles one direction and the other is 40 miles south, only meeting I could attend is on Saturday morning.

I am trying to do this on my own. I have read some materials from Overeater's Anon. I find myself in some of their materials but not others.

The one thing I like about WW is that I can plan in what I want to eat (example, someone above's Pepsi) IF I am willing to make the sacrifices it takes through the rest of the day.

My worst problem is from supper to bedtime, and it doesn't seem to matter what I do, that is just a tough time. I try to alternate between a large glass of water and a diet rite. Sometimes if I keep myself "floating" it helps.

good to see you all on here!!!

Elaine
Old 04-16-2002, 08:19 PM   #9  

Hi Piglet21,

A can of peaches and a pespi isnt so bad, yet you definitely should eat more. I thought my trainer was insane to ask me to eat 4 times a day, but it works! When you have to plan your meals like that you become so much more aware of what you are putting into your mouth. Try a food journal to begin with and then u will see what you are missing from your diet. Also I have found that I eat so much better because I have to write it down and look at it later on. I am an emotional overeater, and even though I crave things I shouldnt, and admit to indulging here and there...the majority of what I consume is healthy. I think most of the weight loss success comes from eating right. The exercising adds more energy. How are you with your exercising so far?
Closed Thread