Old 05-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #1  

Default hello everyone, so glad I've found you...

Hi, my name is Natalia and I'm a compulsive overeater...yes, I have to finally face the truth. although it's quite hard to realize that I've got an addiction. being an addict has always been something totally abstract for me...I have to admit, I have also thought of overcoming it as a matter of wilpower, and whether a person is really determined. and losing weight seemed some time aga not to be a big deal, and fat people being just lazy, slavers of their stomachs...
sorry to say that. now I know how far from the real truth it was. it's nasty I know, but I feel I just have to share my thoughts with people with similar problem. so maybe it was necessary to verify these approach by having to deal with the problem myself. now I know how it really is, that's not a willpower, it's something we can't have control over, cos it's a disease. and I actually feel better...as I don't feel guilty anymore. I don't blame myself for catching a cold, so why should I do this with BED ?
yes, and actually, is Binge Eating Disorder and Compulsive Overating the same thing?
I haven't been to a meeting yet, but I'm coming as soon as I'm back in my country, which is a matter of days...I really should have done it earlier...food have destroyed so many years of my life, and still there's hardly any five minutes for me without thinking of it... how sick thiis is...
I tended to think that only becoming a breatharian would sort it all out, by eliminating the problem entirely but I'm not developed spiritually enough, I think...maybe one day ))
anyway, so glad to have found this forum...I know it is helpful to know that I'm not the only one to cope with this obsession

take care, and wishing you abstinence for only 24 hours

Last edited by cukrowapanienka; 05-31-2007 at 05:47 PM.
cukrowapanienka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Welcome and good luck.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 07:47 PM   #3  

Hi Natalia, Great to meet you!
Mabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #4  

thanks, great to meet you too ! I feel so much better knowing I'm not alone in this...

God, withdrawing sugary products is so hard...I try to do it everyday, and I usually manage to about 4 pm, then I say 'it's unmanagably hard, I'll begin tomorrow...' and binge on sweets ( I'm pathetic.
I know it would become easier with time, much easier. I used not to have a pinch of sugar for 3 years and it didn't tempt me at all...but then, stresses, exams and I began to ease the stress with sweets...stupid me :/

gosh, how to motivate myself enough to stand all these withdrawal symptoms? haedache, an awful emptiness in stomach despite finishing meal 10 minutes aga, weakness...I feel like a drug addict at times. nothing counts when I feel I must have a sweet snack (or snacks maybe, cos it's hardly ever one...) I throw away what I'm currently doing, and go to the fridge/cupboard/shop...
on the other hand, I know how wonderful I feel when I manage to have abstinence...for day or 2 usually
so why am I still doing this???
Old 06-03-2007, 05:25 PM   #5  

I did it today woohoo
Old 06-03-2007, 05:53 PM   #6  
Becoming myself

S/C/G: 294/233/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cukrowapanienka View Post
I did it today woohoo
YaY! Good for you!

A couple of gentle suggestions: keep yourself REALLY well hydrated. Drink water until you feel like you're going to pop! It'll help your body process out all the junk. Tomorrow will be hard. Keep drinking water, and try as hard as you can to find something else to occupy your time and attention. Stay hydrated, and stay busy!
sidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/125/135

Height: 5'2"

hurray! Congrats!

Do you have a sponsor? Being able to call my sponsor really helped me deal with cravings and sort out the feelings that I was having.
marny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 10:46 AM   #8  

hi guys,

thanks for your sypport. I must admit, I totally messed it up the day before yesterday, and yesterday was not that good tooo...but today I'm fine, I'm finally back in Poland after one year so nice to be at home
and tomorrow I'll try to get to OA meeting. although I'm not sure if it will take place, as it's holiday tomorrow...
no, I don't have a sponsor. I don't actually know anyone from OA in person, and have never been to the meeting.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:48 AM   #9  

so far so good
hope it's the same with you...
Old 06-12-2007, 12:36 AM   #10  
ShellieTerese

S/C/G: 274/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi. I'm brand new here. I have been abstinent on Atkiins for almost 4 weeks now, a day at a time. My pattern also was to binge every evening/night. It wasn't until I did a real, solid first 3 steps on food that I had any success. My compulsion to eat was lifted from me. All I have to remember today is that I have another binge in me, but I may not have another recovery. Program, program, program. I'm completely hardcore on the subject of the 12 steps. They are the only relief I know, and I have to have relief. I WILL get it either from the program or from Sara Lee. So glad to be here, there are no meetings in my geographical area, so I'm just piggybacking on my AA recovery. So far, so good. As long as I keep writing and talking, I know I'll be OK. Keep coming back, it works!
Bouncing is offline   Reply With Quote